Alroy Gilligan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alroy Gilligan

According to the Hun today, Gilligan has been granted leave to return to WA to sort out some personal issues.

Not known when he will return.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-in-push-to-make-opener/story-e6frf9jf-1225844054743

Not sure he will be back myself. The writing was on the wall after the draft. With us grabbing Taylor, Roberts, Nason and even Dea, there looks to be plenty in the small forward queue, before we even consider Nahas.

> Richmond will not consider rookie Alroy Gilligan, who has been granted leave to sort out
> personal issues in Western Australia.

Translation: He buggered off, without permission. To admit that would be embarrassing. So he gets a leave pass. </spin>

> The small forward from Fitzroy Crossing was not at the club's jumper presentation on Friday.

Well, duh!

:afro

DiscoStu said:
They're wrong. :)

Seriously, just passing on what I know. He might be back at the club *now* (I hope he is) but he had been missing for a number of weeks, a mystery to them all.

Cheers,

:afro

Good scoop Stu.
Not sure where this leaves Alroy.

Tigers of Old said:
Good scoop Stu.
Not sure where this leaves Alroy.

Ah well, I guess this is the beauty of the Rookie list, you can take a punt without costing a place on the main list.

I hope Alroy sorts out his issues & makes something of his opportunity.

Rfc4Ever said:
According to the Hun today, Gilligan has been granted leave to return to WA to sort out some personal issues.

Not known when he will return.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-in-push-to-make-opener/story-e6frf9jf-1225844054743
Well done to disco stu who was on the money

mb64 said:
Well done to disco stu who was on the money

Actually, he said that Gilligan went walk about and the club had no idea where he was and this wasn't the first time. That article says we granted him permission to leave and go home to sort out some issues. That's a big difference. Although I doubt Jon Ralph would print that so who knows.

Barnzy said:
Actually, he said that Gilligan went walk about and the club had no idea where he was and this wasn't the first time. That article says we granted him permission to leave and go home to sort out some issues. That's a big difference. Although I doubt Jon Ralph would print that so who knows.
That would be what is said to the press/public.Behind closed doors Disco could very well be right.

Barnzy said:
I'II go with Stu's version.

I thought Alroy was a small back pocket player, not a small forward.