AFLW 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW 2024

Ellie resigning until the end of next year is good news. Expecting her to step up this season and start showing some Conti-like performances.

Reactions: 2 users
Girls in for another long season, judging by the umpiring interpretations early.
Teams wearing Yellow and Black, cannot buy a free kick it seems.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like a few positional changes. With McKinnon coming in, Gabby has gone back, so has Woods. Eastman forward.

Kelly's still not competitive enough in the air. Hoping with McKinnon coming in that she becomes depth this year.

Kelly's still not competitive enough in the air. Hoping with McKinnon coming in that she becomes depth this year.
Marking not a strength at all, across the ground.
Games will be won and lost at ground level, Conti, Dempsey, Egan, McKenzie & Yassir.

I'm glad to see Shevlin seems to be playing further forward this year. I love her off half back / win to use that big boot she's got. They've kind of wasted her playing as a key back.

Hopefully McKinnon is ok, as I think she's the catalyst for this, enabling us to play Seymour behind the ball and then release Shevlin.

I'm glad to see Shevlin seems to be playing further forward this year. I love her off half back / win to use that big boot she's got. They've kind of wasted her playing as a key back.

Hopefully McKinnon is ok, as I think she's the catalyst for this, enabling us to play Seymour behind the ball and then release Shevlin.

There she goes with a goal from 50, took a lovely leg break to go through, but that longer kicking ability is a real weapon in the womens game

Good hit out for the girls today few things to work on like connection kick inside 50 but some positive signs

Sheeran playing more mid ..Seymour more behind ball

Stella Reid and yessair have some natural forward smarts

Curse moves onto the girls now....

Yep, probably means Gabby plays ruck again, and she looked good at CHB.
I enjoyed watching a Richmond side win at the weekend, this takes the gloss off a bit.
Does Luke Meehan look after the girls as well?

Yep, probably means Gabby plays ruck again, and she looked good at CHB.
I enjoyed watching a Richmond side win at the weekend, this takes the gloss off a bit.
Does Luke Meehan look after the girls as well?

FFS. Yeah you are right Gabby will probably need to ruck again. As you say, disappointing as she was looking good back. I suppose we probably only really need tall backs though, so we will likely go with Graham and Miller. I think Graham probably would have missed out but she looked good at the weekend, intercepted a lot of balls inside our D50.

McLlelland also an option, she didn't play on the weekend, not sure if she is injured too. Plus we have Peck (who looked good again) and Woods who started back at the weekend too and I reckon she looked good there.

I think we will miss McKinnon though, whilst Gabby will put her all into the ruck as she always does, McKinnon is a better mark that she is, and would be key IMO to our transition out of defence.

McLelland did pinch hit forward at the end of last year, and was OK, we seem to be OK for tall, but apart from Brennan, no 'stars'.

Doing well against the defending champions to half time.

Reactions: 1 users
Low scoring game the G Train no Courtney Wakefield replacement at this stage of the pre-season, thought she would have got herself a bit fitter.

Low scoring game the G Train no Courtney Wakefield replacement at this stage of the pre-season, thought she would have got herself a bit fitter.
Just wish we could stop fumbling so easily.