ABC connects Mal Brown's comments to Richmond. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ABC connects Mal Brown's comments to Richmond.

Ah Mal Brown shooting his mouth off...

Brings back memories from the mid 1990's during his Richmond tenure when he styled himself as the "most powerful administrator in football" and wreaked more damage than he ever did on the field.

Unfortunately he will always be connected to Richmond by the media.

Can the club refuse to renew his membership so we can officially cut ties with him and he can never attempt to make a move for the board?

He is a former Richmond hard man - you are being precious. People aren't going to think Mal Brown's dumb comments are any way the view of a club he played with 36 years ago.

Disco said:
I want him to have nothing to do with our club again. Just go away.
ZeroGame said:
Can the club refuse to renew his membership so we can officially cut ties with him and he can never attempt to make a move for the board?

The one good thing to come of this is there is no need to worry about Brown stirring up trouble at our club any more.
Big Mal has just lost a lot of respect in the footy world now and his rants about Richmond and our board will hold very little weight from now on.

It's unfortunate that Brown was ever involved with Richmond, because he's a *smile* and he will continually do and say stupid things, the media always refer to him as a former Richmond player and people immediately make the association. Even though he has nothing to do with the club people still ask me about his connection to Richmond.

BladeTiger said:
Brings back memories from the mid 1990's during his Richmond tenure when he styled himself as the "most powerful administrator in football" and wreaked more damage than he ever did on the field.

That's the part that irks me the most. Huge 'what ifs' had Northey remained as coach from 1996.

I'm sick of our club being dragged through the mud like this!

Just the other day a popular Melbourne paper ran a story about our win against the Weagles on page 83. In THE VERY SAME PAPER on page 4 they ran a story about a deluded maniac who raped his sister, ran over two nuns and 4 orphans and then sodomised an epileptic donkey (which apparently didn't complain much) with a huge rubber donger that had been imported illegally from a country that uses sweat shop labour of kids from the ages of 6 months to 4 years old who are stapled to their work stations my their eyelids! This story was run 79 pages away from our story, but since page 83 was the second last page, if you turned the paper inside out, it was barely 6 pages away therefore casting mud and filth on our great club!

Our club was mentioned once in the whole ABC article for heavens sake! When i clicked the link to the article i expected to see it laid out on a black and yellow page with a picture of our board giving high 5's or something!

frickenel said:
I'm sick of our club being dragged through the mud like this!

Just the other day a popular Melbourne paper ran a story about our win against the Weagles on page 83. In THE VERY SAME PAPER on page 4 they ran a story about a deluded maniac who raped his sister, ran over two nuns and 4 orphans and then sodomised an epileptic donkey (which apparently didn't complain much) with a huge rubber donger that had been imported illegally from a country that uses sweat shop labour of kids from the ages of 6 months to 4 years old who are stapled to their work stations my their eyelids! This story was run 79 pages away from our story, but since page 83 was the second last page, if you turned the paper inside out, it was barely 6 pages away therefore casting mud and filth on our great club!

Our club was mentioned once in the whole ABC article for heavens sake! When i clicked the link to the article i expected to see it laid out on a black and yellow page with a picture of our board giving high 5's or something!

And how did you know the donkey didnt complain much?