ABC connects Mal Brown's comments to Richmond. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ABC connects Mal Brown's comments to Richmond.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Footballers speak for the ugly racist in us all
By Jonathan Green
Updated 1 hour 1 minute ago

The ABC's Jonathan Green has linked the much detested comments of Mal Brown to our proud club.

"Former Richmond hard man Mal Brown has referred to Aboriginal AFL players as "cannibals" ".

Read more:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/17/2929578.htm?site=thedrum

How dare this Jonathan Brown and the ABC!

The Richmond FC is working extremely hard to foster & build stronger relations with, & develop, indigenous communities in Melbourne, Alice Springs and other parts of Australia.

Mal Brown played a part seaon of a somewhat long and extremely tedious career, nearly entirely in Western Australia. He didn't even play in the premiership team of that 1974 year. And his 'objectionable' son plays with Hawthorn.

I, for one, condemn Brown's comments, as all Richmond supporters would.

And I condemn Jonathan Green for making any tenuous connection, in the media, between our great club and Brown's comments.

If I was on the Richmond football club's administration, I'd be making a swift & strong call to the ABC immediately.

The ABC internet site has a photograph of Brown standing in front the the Punt Road Grandstand. Story commences with a reference to "former Richmond footballer".

I have a number of sporting wishes - the 1st, and most important, is for Richmond to win premierships and become a powerhouse again. The second is "I wish Mal Brown had NEVER played for Richmond".

I don't see it the same way Phant, the media have always referred to brown as "former WA and Richmond hard man Mal Brown". I reckon it's mainly because he only played 14 VFL games that they have to remind everyone that he actually did play footy and was not just an irrelevent knobend that shoots his mouth off.

tigertim said:
I don't see it the same way Phant, the media have always referred to brown as "former WA and Richmond hard man Mal Brown". I reckon it's mainly because he only played 14 VFL games that they have to remind everyone that he actually did play footy and was not just an irrelevent knobend that shoots his mouth off.

As far as I see it, Mal Brown played well over 200 games of senior level 'Aussie Rules' footy.
All but 14 of these games were played in Western Australia, where he also coached for over a decade.

The major WAFL teams that he is connected with are East Perth, South Fremantle and Perth.

I wish the media would mention these, instead of our club.

Phantom said:
As far as I see it, Mal Brown played well over 200 games of senior level 'Aussie Rules' footy.
All but 14 of these games were played in Western Australia, where he also coached for over a decade.

The major WAFL teams that he is connected with are East Perth, South Fremantle and Perth.

I wish the media would mention these, instead of our club.

Do you really think they're going to introduce him as 'former East Perth, South Fremantle, Perth and Richmond hard man Mal Brown".....?

Phantom said:
Footballers speak for the ugly racist in us all
By Jonathan Green
Updated 1 hour 1 minute ago

The ABC's Jonathan Green has linked the much detested comments of Mal Brown to our proud club.

"Former Richmond hard man Mal Brown has referred to Aboriginal AFL players as "cannibals" ".

Read more:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/17/2929578.htm?site=thedrum

How dare this Jonathan Brown and the ABC!

The Richmond FC is working extremely hard to foster & build stronger relations with, & develop, indigenous communities in Melbourne, Alice Springs and other parts of Australia.

Mal Brown played a part seaon of a somewhat long and extremely tedious career, nearly entirely in Western Australia. He didn't even play in the premiership team of that 1974 year. And his 'objectionable' son plays with Hawthorn.

I, for one, condemn Brown's comments, as all Richmond supporters would.

And I condemn Jonathan Green for making any tenuous connection, in the media, between our great club and Brown's comments.

If I was on the Richmond football club's administration, I'd be making a swift & strong call to the ABC immediately.

Don't worry Phanto, more so than most news outlets, the ABC is a home for second rate hack journo's and closet communists. You are lucky he didn't link Mal's comments to global warming or some other pet ABC cause.

But I suspect the link is more to give Mal some significance as many people outside AFL fans wouldn't have a clue who he is. I am sure even the dumbest person on the street wouldn't make some tenuous link between old dopey and the might tigers.

He should be called "father of Hawthorn player Campbell Brown"

More up to date and he's more a hawk than a tiger these days. Thank Chr*st.

The Hun did link Brown to hawthorn, even has a quote from Clarkson
No mention of the tiggers in the Hun story :clap

SEN at the 5:30 news break also mentioned him as former Richmond player Mal Brown.

Couldnt belive his comments on SEN this morning in an interview, where you could tell he really didnt think he had done anything wrong.

Michael said:
The Hun did link Brown to hawthorn, even has a quote from Clarkson
No mention of the tiggers in the Hun story :clap

Give them time the journo who didn't make the link has no doubt been fired.

As much as I hate to back up the ABC, their Journo is technically correct. Mal Brown is a former Richmond Player whether he played 1 or 100 games. He is also a *smile*.