AA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AA

Pandaboy said:
Nah not stiff at all. Knew he was zero chance of making it and rightly so. Has grown as a leader tremendously this year, but overall has had a very average season. Lowest disposal numbers he's had for a while (only averaging 25 a game). All the mids in the squad would be averaging high 20s at least. Can think of heaps of mids who have had better seasons. Still miles off his 2012 season, and critics will say he doesnt hit the scoreboard enough. I think fair enough.

I'd argue he's had a bigger influence on more games this year than any year previously. Numbers aren't the be all and end all.

rokkafella said:
reckon this might sting cotch enough for him to have a blinder this week

I've got that feeling as well. Nothing says "we don't rate you" like being left out of the top 40 time and again.

Obviously the coaches have a different opinion. AFLCA votes since 2010, with games polled in and AA squad selections:

Player Vts GP A
-----------------------------
Pendlebury, Scott 451 79 6
Ablett junior, Gary 424 67 5
Selwood, Joel 406 63 5
Swan, Dane 394 61 5
Cotchin, Trent 361 64 1
Fyfe, Nathan 361 59 4
Kennedy, Josh P. 343 58 4
Mitchell, Sam 341 64 4
Thompson, Scott 332 60 2
Dangerfield, Patrick 304 53 3
Boyd, Matthew 301 52 3
Priddis, Matt 297 64 3

Midsy said:
I'd argue he's had a bigger influence on more games this year than any year previously. Numbers aren't the be all and end all.

Spot on, similar to Lids.

I'd have Lids over Dusty this year, but think Dusty is more likely to be picked. Lids deserves more than just 1 AA for his career to date.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Deledio - 5 x squad, 1 x AA
Martin - 2, 0
Rance - 2, 1
Riewoldt - 3, 1
Cotchin - 1, 1
Ellis - 1, 0

Maric - 1, 0

Pretty good list for us

Shane edwards should/would be in it but he got his leg kicked

That would be our money list

CarnTheTiges said:
Rance is a lock and has been for some time. I think Dusty may just miss out, but Lids could sneak in.

I agree, I really hope Lids doesn't get in over Dusty as that wouldn't be right. Lids has been played pretty much exclusively in the FWD line and has basically taken Dusty's time up there. Just look at the output from such limited time up FWD! I could go on about the other facets of his game that have improved but he is just consistent this year.

jb03 said:
http://thesportport.com.au/2015/09/09/10-things-i-hate-about-the-all-australian-squad/

Ok article, always easy to be critical, im not saying i agree with all 40 selections but that poll is a dead set laugh, its essentially asking if you agree with the selections, its nigh impossible to agree with all 40, even a few discrepancies and most would feel compelled to vote no... Silly poll :police:

Chimptastic said:
I'd have Lids over Dusty this year, but think Dusty is more likely to be picked. Lids deserves more than just 1 AA for his career to date.

This from The Age mounts a strong argument for Lids as AA:

Deledio is in career-best form, ranking alongside Brownlow Medal favourite Nat Fyfe in many key statistical categories in the second half of the year. Brad Scott gave him five votes in the AFL Coaches Association award (Hardwick did, too) in the round 23 game, so you can take it as read that the Richmond No.3 would have been highest on the Roos' scouting report this week. He had involvements in 14 of the team's 28 scores - 10 is usually considered a huge game - and he ranks No.2 in that category for the league. He presents a difficult match-up when he is forward, because he is too slippery for a tall, and too good overhead for a small.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-finals-2015-five-questions-on-the-richmondnorth-melbourne-elimination-final-20150912-gjl0di.html