A special night at the footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A special night at the footy

tigergollywog said:
Please indulge me to start a new thread for this good news story.

I had one of my all time great nights at the footy last night. Went with tigersnake and my three kids (11,9,6). We saw a really hard fought, promising victory where so many of our supposed second string youngsters showed so much (White, Edwards, Nason, Angus, Farmer). Lids, Martin and JR starred. JR took a screamer right in front of us that had my 6 year old leaping out of his seat as he yelled R-E-I-W-O-L-D-T as he went up. I had sufficient of my hard-earned on us at $3 to pay for our petrol, tickets and a slap-up feed in the big city after the game AND to top it all off Daniel Jackson handed my 11 year old a signed black and yellow Sherrin after the siren! He is now in a quandary over whether his favourite player is Jacko or big Angus Graham! BTW, I shook Jackos hand after he gave my boy the ball and he has hands like anvils. I am a farmer and a stone mason and have a pretty good calloused grip, but Jacko nearly busted my hand!

I love the footy

Red Sea Tiger said:
Just got back from a sortie to The GABBA for the first time. Sat in the Eastern Stand lower, just behind the point post. Had no idea we were going to be amongst so many Tiger Faithful.

Must have sat near you... I was behind the point post too, but a few rows up. Was a great game :) Sitting with all the fellow Tiger supporters at an interstate game was great!

Hartbalme said:
3rd trip to the Gabba for Mrs. HB and I, and we are unbeaten :clap Gotta love these trips up from the Melbourne winter.

Had a great night. Thanks to Obelix for navigating us to the Broadway (I wasn't in condition to read a map :p)

Same here 3rd trip 3 wins.
Then had a few drink with the boys as we watched the round ball.

Just home from a great weekend in Brisbane.

Same story.....3 trips and 3 wins.

I just love the Gabba, especially when you get an opportunity to sit with dedicated Tiger supporters. It was all yellow and black in our section.....deafening when we goaled.

We had a fantastic time at the game, especially seeing the enthusiasm and tackling of the young players. The older ones like Cuz and Newman also played their hearts out. Despite a few clangers (yes the third quarter was not good!), we always came back. I think the team has gained mental toughness with Dimma and are playing with self belief.

It was great to see both Newman and Lids go to reassure my man, Dave Astbury, after his inexperience led to a Brisbane goal. The support for the young players is evident all around the ground.

I especially enjoyed seeing the improvement in Matty White and Andy Collins and even Jake King was disciplined in driving Luke Power crazy.

Quack said:
Warms a heart to read this thread.

Bloody love being a Tiger.

x2. Really loving my choice of the sydney rd3 game over the brisvegas trip right now ::)

Im 0-5 interstate trips, perhaps i should stay......never!

I had a great time with Hartbalme and his missus - a ripper nite. We sat right behind the goals, which meant ring-side seats for the melee - perfect spot.

And a big thank you to the bloke on my left who terrorised the Lions supporters around us all evening - they just don't get us Tigers fans do they... ;D