A reminder about site rules | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A reminder about site rules

Tommy H said:
Really? And you get a father of a ex player coming on here and bagging our players? And then you close the thread off. Get him out of this board for gods sake. He's poison and my posts get deleted because of what? Get rid of his whole thread.

He is a known quantity and his critcism is hard to listen to, but he focusing on the players while his detractors are focussing on him. You want to shut him up? Win the argument. You want to fling insults (not saying you are one of them) then the mods will do what they have to but I'd reckon they'd rather cry into their soup like the rest of us than spend the night locking threads.

rosy23 said:
Might be a good idea for you to log off for a while. He said nothing others on here haven't been saying as well. Your personal abuse rather than discussing the opinions was well out of line and a breach of site rules. :mad:

Really? Where has his thread gone?

rosy23 said:
Hasn't gone anywhere

It's here
Rosy, I'll let you moderate and deal with that side of it.

My only comment is that it is very poor form for Rimau35 to come on start a thread like that. He has a personal axe to grind and for him to post what he did is childish. I don't like personal abuse but what did he expect, a group cuddle ? Come back Whitey ?

He didn't mention his son Sin and he didn't say anything others haven't said. He may or may not have a personal axe to grind, I wouldn't have a clue about that, but he is a Tiger supporter and a long time member of PRE. He's had mixed messages tonight., Some more supporter than others on here. He has the right, as we all do, to post opinions without copping personal abuse.

rosy23 said:
He didn't mention his son Sin and he didn't say anything others haven't said. He may or may not have a personal axe to grind, I wouldn't have a clue about that, but he is a Tiger supporter and a long time member of PRE. He's had mixed messages tonight., Some more supporter than others on here. He has the right, as we all do, to post opinions without copping personal abuse.
I haven't abused him Rosy.

I just think what he posted was childish. Anyone who has read his posts in the past knows he has an axe to grind, especially with Dustin Martin.

He came on just to sink the boot in.

Exactly Sin...There is no personal abuse from most here.
He is only here to stir the pot.

Sintiger said:
I haven't abused him Rosy.

I just think what he posted was childish. Anyone who has read his posts in the past knows he has an axe to grind, especially with Dustin Martin.

He came on just to sink the boot in.

Too true, he was baiting and goading as he likes to and in the emotion several posters fell for it andlcrossed the line. We are calling for the players to toughen up and not be mentally weak but Rimau posts and people go to water and start hurling personal insults. Irony much?

rosy23 said:
He has the right, as we all do, to post opinions without copping personal abuse.

I think bagging players on the night of our Hobart loss at 2-4, then going AWOL while the club is on a tear and returning to criticise again when we drop a final, is p!ssweak to put it mildly. Similar with an ex-PREer on another site, last active May 9 but who will no doubt return to spread his peculiar brand of doom and gloom.

At what point does a "supporter" become a troll?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I think bagging players on the night of our Hobart loss at 2-4, then going AWOL while the club is on a tear and returning to criticise again when we drop a final, is p!ssweak to put it mildly. Similar with an ex-PREer on another site, last active May 9 but who will no doubt return to spread his peculiar brand of doom and gloom.

At what point does a "supporter" become a troll?
It is weak and poor form, but the best way to deal with it is to ignore the people who do that. Nothing gets rid of them quicker than being denied oxygen.