A question for fellow Old Timers? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A question for fellow Old Timers?

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Last night we saw Jack Riewoldt soar above the opposition to pull down a screamer.

When it happened I thought - gee that looks familiar. On Foxtel IQ I replayed it again and again and came to the conclusion it looked a lot like how that Richmond Champion of yesteryear use take his screamers.

If you remember the late 1960's early 1970's - Did Jack's high flying mark last night remind you of Royce Hart?

No replies yet RT?
We must all be young fellas here. ;D
But after perusing some old dvds, ;) yep he did a bit.

Now fossils ;D , I actually made commment to the guys I was with last night at the time(one been a very old tiger :hihi)

Yeah there was a bit of Royce about the mark that the "Jack in the Box" took last night.
Royce is probably the reason why i barrack for the Tiges, wasn't he a champion.

I reckon with Jack we have another potential Royce, he's good in the air and good on the ground.

Nuh! Reminded me of Jaaaack!
Why are we trying to pigeonhole him up against an all time Tiger legend?
I'm guilty of having a serious mancrush on the way Jaaack plays footy, from the first time I watched him play for Coburg.
Stuff trying to compare or analyse who did what when or how. The era's are different the game is different and the team talent is way different.
Jaaaack's got a truckload of footy talent and I'm going to do nothing more or less than just savour the way he plays footy, in the air and at ground level.

A lot of what Jack does in the goal square reminds me of Peter Hudson.
He uses his body (big backside) so effectively that he very hard to beat one on one.
His ground work is also fantastic.

Very reminiscent, and a lot of these younger players remind me of the depth of the youngies back then................ might be exciting times in the next few years???? :clapping :clapping

BBC said:
A lot of what Jack does in the goal square reminds me of Peter Hudson.
He uses his body (big backside) so effectively that he very hard to beat one on one.
His ground work is also fantastic.
Agree with BBC. I thought his use of his hips was very like Hudson's.

It certainly reeminded me of Royce.

The spring, the aerial drift and the clean hands....just magic!!!!

When he starts flying across the packs from the sides then you might be able to convince me of some sort of comparison with Royce, but until then I will just enjoy the fact that Jack has shown a hell of a lot of improvement in all aspects of his game, and given us all reason to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Reminded me of Michael Roach's fabulous mark against Hawthorn. Roye's great 1967 mark was a screamer from the front and side of the Geelong player.

Saw Natanui take a mark on the TV game last night that reminded me of Royce Hart.

Nothing will match Royce Hart's mark in the last quarter of the 1967 Grand Final. Hot day, 15 mins to go. All leap, no ride. This turns game and we win flag. From a 19 yo in his first season.

Nevertheless Jack's mark was good. His game was better. We finally have a forward around whom the forward line can be rebuilt.