2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

His lack of magnetic movement is concerning
I was thinking something about his coaching has been looking different lately - he was moving the magnets around quite a bit in our first 4 or 5 games. Seems like he's given up on that now

I was thinking something about his coaching has been looking different lately - he was moving the magnets around quite a bit in our first 4 or 5 games. Seems like he's given up on that now

There aren't many magnets he can move around, there aren't a lot of options available to him.

Reactions: 3 users
I imagine what is said behind closed doors, is different to what is said in press conferences.
You don't air your dirty linen in public.

Reactions: 5 users
I imagine what is said behind closed doors, is different to what is said in press conferences.
You don't air your dirty linen in public.
Don’t expect dirty laundry to be aired but I don’t want to hear from Yze the effort was there
Members aren’t stupid don’t treat us as such

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
He needed to call out that last night was an unacceptable standard despite the ‘adversity’ and good play of the opposition First time I haven’t been impressed. Still has the training wheels on and imagining was protecting the group.

Reactions: 2 users
I really hope he has put it to the players in no uncertain terms about their desire to play for the team.IF,and I mean IF players like Dusty and Bolton are looking elsewhere then let them go now.IF there are others in their twilight just going through the motions for the paycheck that also needs to be addressed. And waiting for Lynch to be our saviour is pie in the sky stuff given his age and injuries.

Yes,being a new coach it takes time to build a team,and injuries certainly has not helped the cause and that is out of Yze control. Having said that please put a team that is FULLY committed on the ground with a clear vision around game play.

And what has happened to the discipline idea around dragging players off the ground for doing real stupid mistakes and crybabying to the umpires?

We know it is going to be a lean year but aim for a committed group every gameday.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hardwick would give it to the players if their performance was crap.
This softly spoken, gold star for everyone approach isn't working

Members aren’t stupid don’t treat us as such
Dunno, this forum suggests otherwise at times.
But anyway, the post game pressers arent Yze's thoughts. Livingstone is feeding him answers through an ear piece.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Not confirmed but apparently Ooze isn't averse to dropping the odd expletive or 10.
Certainly hope so.
That performance was worthy of a myriad of said profanities.
In layman's terms it was fookken shiitt.

Main Training Today Thursday:

Bake's:
Attempted one drill and then spent the session in rehab.
Grimes: Walked a couple of laps only and then departed

Balta: At least he had all that heavy taping off his knee at training today, but it was mostly just transferred to both Tom Brown's shoulders ;) which were heavily strapped, at one point showing some discomfort at raising his left, continued to train however, (have seen in several games where Brown grabs at his shoulder so most likely has some weakness there?)

Only positive was Lynch did 15 minutes of the warm up with the main group and thereafter very active in rehab.

Reactions: 28 users
Main Training Today Thursday:

Bake's:
Attempted one drill and then spent the session in rehab.
Grimes: Walked a couple of laps only and then departed

Balta: At least he had all that heavy taping off his knee at training today, but it was mostly just transferred to both Tom Brown's shoulders ;) which were heavily strapped, at one point showing some discomfort at raising his left, continued to train however, (have seen in several games where Brown grabs at his shoulder so most likely has some weakness there?)

Only positive was Lynch did 15 minutes of the warm up with the main group and thereafter very active in rehab.
Grimes has a back issue. Might be a Grigg/Caddy-type mid season pulled plug

Just to add to what @caesar reported. I was on Punt Road right next to the rehab group.

I don't see as many sessions as @caesar but compared to the last session I saw, a couple of weeks ago, the rehab was way more hands on with a fitness staff member monitoring and driving the activities.
- Banks and Trezise did full pace run throughs and agility. I get the "doubts" on Banks but he works and runs hard.
- Lynch and Hopper between 80% and 90% on the run throughs. With Lynch way better than a few weeks ago.
- On the agility exercise Tom looked very comfortable whereas Jacob was "tentative".
- Liam did a heap of 100% run throughs, left rehab and joined the main group, did one exercise and then re-joined rehab and focused on agility.
- Jack Graham and Seth Campbell did 50% to 60% run throughs and some gentle agility.

At the conclusion of the Gauntlet main exercise and the start of Stoppage and Blitz (which is a contact drill) Timmeh left the main group and joined rehab.

The rehab group then split into Jack and Seth doing gentle run throughs and agility and the rest (Timmeh, Tom, Liam, Sam and James doing a variation on EKP (we think means Elite Kicking Practice) I see it as a variation on circle work but a focus on good kicking. The interesting bit, at least to me, was that Truck came across to run that and drive the guys. That's a first for the sessions that I have seen.

Couple of other things that stood out for me was that in one of the Contest drills it was forwards vs backs and then mids vs mids. Steely was in the mids group. Daniel was driving/leading in this drill (amongst the defenders) and pushing the others along. Quite vocal.

• Love
Reactions: 36 users