2024 season wrap up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 season wrap up

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We have had a horrendous season, players 'checked out' administrators planning there next move and probably the worse fitness program in sport.
Besides that we saw Lefau, Mansell & Green play some decent footy.

Collingwood couldn't make the 8 let alone take that ordinary list B2B, Mr Happy wasn’t really Happy anymore.

Geelong did what they always do finish top 4 and avoided us in the finals only to *smile* the bed again. What a weak and paper thin footy club.

Carlton, Just imagine if they didn't have Weithering and Cripps, they would be sitting next to us in the bottom 4.

Essendon, they are us between 1983-1994, full of broken promises and dreams. When your best player is a bloke like Merritt, you must know that your no good.

Sydney. No more 'bloods' crap for a while now. 2 players have gone missing, Warner and Papley they will find you!.

Gws, Kingy did a really good job, but he needs to know when to slow them down, they play like headless chooks. Shouldve gone close to winning it but shat the bed twice.

Brisbane Congratulations.
Top class kids mixed with Zorko Neale Dunkley, Andrews and Daniher
The old codger out coached both Scott and Longfailure.

Footscary. They don't have the best list,
They have talented players that pick and choose when to contribute.
Darcy is Ottens 2, and Bompmytelly is just too tired carrying them.
They need a new coach. Beveridge has done their heads in.

Stkilda, all my life Besides 1991-1992 & 2009-2010 have been just an irrelevant football club, nothing has changed.they couldn't win a flag with Riewoldt Hayes Ball and Milne, they aren't winning anything with this group.

Hawthorn, has there ever been a more arrogant club that is more used to being irrelevant?
What a bunch of knobs, carrying on like they were the ones that went back to back to back.
They need to understand (and the genius) they got knocked out of the finals by properly the worse final 8 side in the history of the final 8.
They need to calm down.

Port Adelaide, what can you say.
When a club brings in players of the calibre of Ratonmygear, Therk Thatcher & Soldo and think that will improve them. They need to go back to the SANFL. Because the AFL is for big boys.

Adelaide. If there was a hospital for a football club, they would be the 1st admitted.
They still have the trauma of 2017 haunting the joint. Close to the wose football club in the country. Even South Australians don't want to go there.

Gc. The circus will be back in 2025 with the Ring Master Dimma.

Freo 'Anyone there??' the longer you keep Longmuire, the longer you will wait to win a flag. That list is as good as Brisbane's.

West Coast the Rich football club from the West, powerless and unable to draft hidden gems like the good old days. This is there 2010 era all over again.

North Who Cares??

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I've been thinking about how Adelaide has fared since their ill-fated premiership mission in 2017.

2017: 1st
2018: 12th
2019: 11th
2020: 18th
2021: 15th
2022: 14th
2023: 10th
2024: 15th

That is a nuclear-like implosion. There are so many issues at that club. Lack of resilience would be at the top of the list.

For players, it looks like the kind of place you go to have the joy of life sucked right out you.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been thinking about how Adelaide has fared since their ill-fated premiership mission in 2017.

2017: 1st
2018: 12th
2019: 11th
2020: 18th
2021: 15th
2022: 14th
2023: 10th
2024: 15th

That is a nuclear-like implosion. There are so many issues at that club. Lack of resilience would be at the top of the list.

For players, it looks like the kind of place you go to have the joy of life sucked right out you.
Bryce Gibbs thought he was going on to greener pastures by ditching Carlton at its lowest ebb (the first time he tried to unsuccessfully leave, he was still under contract).

I took great delight in watching the traitor's career fizz out after that. Find it pathetic how these days he parades around as a Carlton man and a lot of the fans seem to have forgotten how he was more than happy to up and leave when the club needed him most. I haven't forgotten.

Reactions: 4 users
We have had a horrendous season, players 'checked out' administrators planning there next move and probably the worse fitness program in sport.
Besides that we saw Lefau, Mansell & Green play some decent footy.

Collingwood couldn't make the 8 let alone take that ordinary list B2B, Mr Happy wasn’t really Happy anymore.

Geelong did what they always do finish top 4 and avoided us in the finals only to *smile* the bed again. What a weak and paper thin footy club.

Carlton, Just imagine if they didn't have Weithering and Cripps, they would be sitting next to us in the bottom 4.

Essendon, they are us between 1983-1994, full of broken promises and dreams. When your best player is a bloke like Merritt, you must know that your no good.

Sydney. No more 'bloods' crap for a while now. 2 players have gone missing, Warner and Papley they will find you!.

Gws, Kingy did a really good job, but he needs to know when to slow them down, they play like headless chooks. Shouldve gone close to winning it but shat the bed twice.

Brisbane Congratulations.
Top class kids mixed with Zorko Neale Dunkley, Andrews and Daniher
The old codger out coached both Scott and Longfailure.

Footscary. They don't have the best list,
They have talented players that pick and choose when to contribute.
Darcy is Ottens 2, and Bompmytelly is just too tired carrying them.
They need a new coach. Beveridge has done their heads in.

Stkilda, all my life Besides 1991-1992 & 2009-2010 have been just an irrelevant football club, nothing has changed.they couldn't win a flag with Riewoldt Hayes Ball and Milne, they aren't winning anything with this group.

Hawthorn, has there ever been a more arrogant club that is more used to being irrelevant?
What a bunch of knobs, carrying on like they were the ones that went back to back to back.
They need to understand (and the genius) they got knocked out of the finals by properly the worse final 8 side in the history of the final 8.
They need to calm down.

Port Adelaide, what can you say.
When a club brings in players of the calibre of Ratonmygear, Therk Thatcher & Soldo and think that will improve them. They need to go back to the SANFL. Because the AFL is for big boys.

Adelaide. If there was a hospital for a football club, they would be the 1st admitted.
They still have the trauma of 2017 haunting the joint. Close to the wose football club in the country. Even South Australians don't want to go there.

Gc. The circus will be back in 2025 with the Ring Master Dimma.

Freo 'Anyone there??' the longer you keep Longmuire, the longer you will wait to win a flag. That list is as good as Brisbane's.

West Coast the Rich football club from the West, powerless and unable to draft hidden gems like the good old days. This is there 2010 era all over again.

North Who Cares??
LoL@Longfailure
How apt.

Bryce Gibbs thought he was going on to greener pastures by ditching Carlton at its lowest ebb (the first time he tried to unsuccessfully leave, he was still under contract).

I took great delight in watching the traitor's career fizz out after that. Find it pathetic how these days he parades around as a Carlton man and a lot of the fans seem to have forgotten how he was more than happy to up and leave when the club needed him most. I haven't forgotten.
So did Deledio

Reactions: 1 user
Poor year due to injuries but at least we have No 1 draft pick. Young players will muscle up over the break so expect 2025 will be more productive for them. Looking at other lists we could sneak into the eight for 2025 with the right draw.

Reactions: 1 users
Poor year due to injuries but at least we have No 1 draft pick. Young players will muscle up over the break so expect 2025 will be more productive for them. Looking at other lists we could sneak into the eight for 2025 with the right draw.
We need a mix.
We need to find ready made players too
Ah chee, Dunkley, Daniher, Dunkley, Neale

Reactions: 1 user
West Coast, Essendon and St Kilda will get nowhere near premiership calculations for a generation.

Saints have the most promising kids of those three clubs but their reliable older core of Crouch, Membrey, Steele, Hill, Wood and Jones don't have much left in the tank.

Then it's over to Stocker, Dow, Windhager, Bonner, Wilkie and Clark to lead the charge. Good luck with that.

The big problem these eternal strugglers have is the years ahead of compromised drafts.

Essendon has made a meal of its recent draft bounty and its trading has been abysmal. Mid-table finishes for a decade are the best it can hope for.

West Coast needs to smash at least two drafts out of the park to fix its problems.

West Coast, Essendon and St Kilda will get nowhere near premiership calculations for a generation.

Saints have the most promising kids of those three clubs but their reliable older core of Crouch, Membrey, Steele, Hill, Wood and Jones don't have much left in the tank.

Then it's over to Stocker, Dow, Windhager, Bonner, Wilkie and Clark to lead the charge. Good luck with that.

The big problem these eternal strugglers have is the years ahead of compromised drafts.

Essendon has made a meal of its recent draft bounty and its trading has been abysmal. Mid-table finishes for a decade are the best it can hope for.

West Coast needs to smash at least two drafts out of the park to fix its problems.

Didn't Essendum win the draft last year, the year before & the year before that etc etc etc.

Thats about the only thing they've won.

My feelings re Rioli and Bolton's departure this year. We need them to help the new kids develop and learn.

Would also require a blessed run with injuries.

Ignoring our season for a moment and reflecting on others
Collingwood , when we played them in a preseason game people from here that went to the game were in awe , then at one point in the season I counted their injury list at 19 , second behind us , and they lost their games at that time , I’d put that a mix of injury interruptions and premiership hang over derailed their season
Carlton - hit their straps mid season and became premiership favs , then injuries hit and it all fell apart , I’d put it exposed their lack of depth , something a Blues supporting co worker was bemoaning before the injuries

The lesson for us while rebuilding our list is to have 2or 3 depth players ,most likely mids , but somehow they don’t become list cloggers
Miles & Lloyd come to mind