2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Might get a game in the 2's!
Well, if he gets named in the 2's as 23rd player... and we don't have enough fit players to bring into the seniors this weekend... and we get an exemption from the AFL (just like West Coast did) to promote players from the VFL to make up the minimum numbers in the seniors...

...then congratulations on your RFC senior debut, Jagga Smith!

You know it makes sense!

Reactions: 1 user
We need to somehow rationalise our picks down to 2 x Top 10 (Smillie/O'Sully and Jagga/Lalor/Gross) quality mids picks and another first rounder to get the best KPP available (Whitlock/O'Farrell/Shanahan) imo.

Then a second or third rounder go for someone speculative with lots of upside and X Factor.

If we can pull that off and go home with three almost sure bets and a couple of upsiders and have kept our first rounder next year we will have killed it.
Ideally we can get a combo of 2 mids that compliment each other, it'd be a waste of they are going to spend their careers fighting for the same spot/role. I don't know too much about the players etc but that's what i imagine we'll be looking for. Also hoping we don't touch any future picks, what we need to do will take more than 1 draft. ideally we can trade some later picks for a future pick in return, that'd be great on top of the above mentioned.

I am a fan of Lalor…. So if we can get FOS with our first then double up with Sam… nice. Then best available key forward….The Twins, Faull etc bit early to tell …. And I like Flynn “Strawbs” Penry… Big Ruck Ranga later on…
Obviously need to smash the FS trades….

Regards,
Stan

From what I've seen and read,it's obviously down to Finn Sullivan, Smillie for pick 1 but if it's north with pick 1,maybe not.
The best of the best mids are the goal kicking mids so if Smilie keeps getting high disposals with goals, he would be hard to pass on,but it's also hard to pass on elite speed with agility and endurance.