2016 top 8 predictions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2016 top 8 predictions

Going by these figures it's slightly more likely you play finals the next year if you finish 7th than if you finish 5th. 11 out of 21 for 7th and 10 out of 21 for 5th. Must depend on whether you're on the upward or downward cycle I guess.....(except if you are Hawthorn .....they only seem to have one trajectory....As said on the Couldabeens a week or two ago, Hawks supporters have followed their team through Thick......)

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Final 8 era 1994-2015

Position after finals on left, position after finals the following season across the top

[size=12pt]Pos 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
----------------------------------------------------------

16th 3 1 1 2 1 2 4 3 1 1

Who and when were these 3 teams LTRTR?

DirtyDogTiger said:
And the fixture

Injuries will be the greatest factor in affecting the teams that finished 5th to 12th this season as any of them can make the top 8 with a good run if they keep their top 10 fit and on the field for most of the upcoming season.

New players take 3 or 4 seasons to have a significant impact and delisted players usually don't hurt a side too much, and it is tough to recruit more than one "star" player each pre-season that will have an immediate impact.

23.21.159 said:
Melbourne, 1997-98.
Brisbane, 1998-99.
West Coast, 2010-11.

Thanks Dane. Interesting how it happened 2 years in a row and the Pies missed out on 2000.

Dees moved from spoon to top 4 in Neale Daniher's first year in 1998, and the same with Brisbane when Lethal took over in 1999.

Let's hope it doesn't happen for the Blooze with Brendan Bolton's first season in 2016.