2016 - No Subs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2016 - No Subs

23.21.159 said:
THIS!

All the discussion on the sub rule and its removal seems to have completely ignored the main reason it was introduced !!!
I liked it and would have preferred 2 and 2. Maybe even more subs if you like but I reckon 2 interchange only.
Its not the main reason it was introduced

It was introduced with a interchange cap to get players more fatigued to open up the game because there were too many stoppages. It has been scrapped alongside a reduction of interchanges

I agree that a bi-product of it was the ability to offsett an injured player but it wasn't the reason is was introduced

It certainly was one of the reasons touted as to why a sub was introduced

I think TLC said it best....

http://youtu.be/FrLequ6dUdM

Sintiger said:
Its not the main reason it was introduced

It was introduced with a interchange cap to get players more fatigued to open up the game because there were too many stoppages. It has been scrapped alongside a reduction of interchanges

I agree that a bi-product of it was the ability to offsett an injured player but it wasn't the reason is was introduced

Disagree.
Fact : It was introduced completely independently of any interchange cap - at least a year or two before.
And as a matter of opinion, I believe that reducing the disadvantage in having a player sustain a game-ending injury was the main reason it was introduced. Happy to be corrected but that was my re-collection.

23.21.159 said:
Disagree.
Fact : It was introduced completely independently of any interchange cap - at least a year or two before.
And as a matter of opinion, I believe that reducing the disadvantage in having a player sustain a game-ending injury was the main reason it was introduced. Happy to be corrected but that was my re-collection.

Agree. Sintiger is wrong.