2015 list changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 list changes

blx said:
I was wandering of all the new players, who is most important for us to take the next step NEXT YEAR?

Yarran as another running back with Houli.
Andrew Moore and/or Townsend and/or Marcon to cement that inside grunt role?
Rioli to be a pest around goals? (big ask for such a small man I know)
Broad to replace Batchelor?

Markov, Chol and C.Moore and most probably Rioli are more project players with little impact next year.

Why Batchelor. Not the worst player we have. How about replacing Morris??

graystar1 said:
Why Batchelor. Not the worst player we have. How about replacing Morris??
Stevie M already went back to the magoos mid season. I think blx might have been referring to the seniors that were still holding their spots at seasons end.
Couple of seniors n fringies retired at seasons end. Fairly large list overhaul been undertaken last year n this year, with a combination of kids n young seasoned players. Reckon there's going to be a fair few spots opened up for those that want one in 2016.
Might also be a few stutters as the newbies try n gell into the team. Definitely time for the entire team to put the hand up n establish themselves as better than fringe finalists.

We must love the M.

Now with 2 Moores and a Marcon and Markov, we have 12 Ms. Must be a record. ;D

We've got fourteen guys who haven't played a senior game. So that could be seen as pretty serious improvement potential.

21 guys played in the final

Grimes Chaplin Houli
Vlastuin Rance b Ellis
Grigg Mcintosh Deledio
Conca Vickery Martin
Riewoldt Edwards

Maric Cotchin miles
Griffiths batch Hunt lambert

4 experienced guys who missed the final.
Morris Hampson Lloyd Astbury

6 developing players who have debuted
Elton McBean Lennon c Ellis menadue Drummond

5 young players with 1 season.
Butler Mckenzie short Castagna soldo

3 new experienced players
Yarran Townsend A Moore

2 mature age new players who haven't played.
broad Marcon

4 Young 1st year players.
C Moore Markov rioli Chol

DirtyDogTiger said:
We've got fourteen guys who haven't played a senior game. So that could be seen as pretty serious improvement potential
This really important to remember before we all get carried away with 2016. We have probably 40% of our list very inexperienced. Our depth is promising but young.

For all the commentary about taking the next step we have actually undergone a pretty large list regeneration.

DirtyDogTiger said:
We've got fourteen guys who haven't played a senior game. So that could be seen as pretty serious improvement potential.

11 by my count. plus another 5 who have played under 10 games.
but of those 16 guys like CEllis, Elton, McBean and Marcon are good/old enough to perform if called upon.

i reckon our depth is good enough, and pretty evenly spread across the ground to cover us if injuries hit.

Brodders17 said:
11 by my count. plus another 5 who have played under 10 games.
but of those 16 guys like CEllis, Elton, McBean and Marcon are good/old enough to perform if called upon.

i reckon our depth is good enough, and pretty evenly spread across the ground to cover us if injuries hit.

You're right - it's 11.
I included Yarran Moore and Townsend because they haven't played for Richmond

DirtyDogTiger said:
You're right - it's 11.
I included Yarran Moore and Townsend because they haven't played for Richmond
Add Drummond who played about 30 minutes of senior footy plus Lennon, Mcbean, McIntosh, Elton, CEllis and Menadue who are all inexperienced players and Lloyd and lambert who despite their age have played little AFL footy. How many has townsend played, maybe 15 ?

We have 20-21 players who have played less than 25 games and probably about 100 between all of them.

This is a pretty inexperienced squad