2015 list changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 list changes

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
By height

New. Out

Chol Gordon
C Moore. Dea
Broad. Thomas
A Moore. Petterd
Townsend Knights
Markov. Newman
Yarran. Arnott
Marcon. McDonough
Rioli Foley

Well in order of height we have gone taller until the last three.
We are going to be a lot younger in 2016.

We really brought in mid size players to replace mid size players, but at the last minute grabbed a project ruck and forward.

I believe we've brought in a good mix.
Aside from youth, There's more pace in this group, and some really good marking power.

This is probably the happiest I felt after any rookie draft ever.

Other thing to note,
We had a good season until the final but there's room for improvement.
The departures who played more than a couple of games are Newy and Gordon.

Yarran and Townsend should offset those losses.

We've ploughed in some more younger developmental stock - Rioli chol markov C Moore.

DirtyDogTiger said:
By height

New. Out

Chol Gordon
C Moore. Dea
Broad. Thomas
A Moore. Petterd
Townsend Knights
Markov. Newman
Yarran. Arnott
Marcon. McDonough
Rioli Foley

Well in order of height we have gone taller until the last three.
We are going to be a lot younger in 2016.

We really brought in mid size players to replace mid size players, but at the last minute grabbed a project ruck and forward.

I believe we've brought in a good mix.
Aside from youth, There's more pace in this group, and some really good marking power.

This is probably the happiest I felt after any rookie draft ever.
In theory our list should be now much stronger with a good percentage of the list coming into prime years , also the players who have left were either old and injury prone or simply not of AFL standard.

At this point Yarran may well be the only walk up start for rd 1 , however I like the added potential on the list

Looking at our list now I have C Moore, Hampson, Soldo, Castagna and Morris down as terrible kicks.

At a stretch Butler and A Moore also but thats it.

Our list is actually looking good.

The fact that Morris is a terrible kick does not matter because he rarely gets to kick

Letsroar said:
The fact that Morris is a terrible kick does not matter because he rarely gets to kick

Morris should now be well outside our best 22 and should be the least of our worries, hell he probably isn't even in our best 35 anymore. You couldn't say that just 3 years ago, that shows how we have developed our list.

CC TIGER said:
In theory our list should be now much stronger with a good percentage of the list coming into prime years , also the players who have left were either old and injury prone or simply not of AFL standard.

At this point Yarran may well be the only walk up start for rd 1 , however I like the added potential on the list

Yeah I have to agree.

I'd like to think A Moore and Townsend will also get opportunities because we either recruit guys to make a difference, or why bother?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Yeah I have to agree.

I'd like to think A Moore and Townsend will also get opportunities because we either recruit guys to make a difference, or why bother?
Hence the short contracts. But then they only get opportunities if they show good form in practice matches and/or ressies. If not only last their first contract.

Our main needs going into the off season were , small forward = Rioli, speed skill off the back half = Yarran, big bodied mids= Townsend, Moore , Developing ruck = Chol, developing key defender = Moore an to a lesser extent Broad. Plus adding of speed and skill with OTY an a ready made footballer in Macron

No garuntees at all, however they have ticked a lot of boxes in theory

mrposhman said:
Morris should now be well outside our best 22 and should be the least of our worries, hell he probably isn't even in our best 35 anymore. You couldn't say that just 3 years ago, that shows how we have developed our list.
Definitely outside the 22 - but don't reckon he's outside the 35.
If required he could plug a hole in the backline e.g. if we copped a few injuries.
But it certainly is an indicator of an improved list - as there should be too.

mrposhman said:
Morris should now be well outside our best 22 and should be the least of our worries, hell he probably isn't even in our best 35 anymore.

Let's hope Hardwick agrees with you.

Will be interesting to see the leadership group for next year and if Morris is dropped out. Felt last year that because he was part of the group that meant he got games when he really wasn't best 22.

Just had a little investigation

As far as I can tell

The only ex-tigers still around are white nahas Schulz & Derickx

Two of them have survived heavily against the odds

Am I right?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Just had a little investigation

As far as I can tell

The only ex-tigers still around are white nahas Schulz & Derickx

Two of them have survived heavily against the odds

Am I right?
Sarge would be the only possible stater for rd1 if they were all still at Punt rd IMHO

I was wandering of all the new players, who is most important for us to take the next step NEXT YEAR?

Yarran as another running back with Houli.
Andrew Moore and/or Townsend and/or Marcon to cement that inside grunt role?
Rioli to be a pest around goals? (big ask for such a small man I know)
Broad to replace Batchelor?

Markov, Chol and C.Moore and most probably Rioli are more project players with little impact next year.

Yarran on the backline
Hunt out
Marcon into the middle

It is looking like their could be some seniors who will need to go hard over summer.

Most competition, for places, we have had for a VERY long time IMO. Like it lots!

blx said:
I was wandering of all the new players, who is most important for us to take the next step NEXT YEAR?

Without a doubt, this person is Conca.