2015 Jack Dyer Medal Night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Jack Dyer Medal Night

TigerForce said:
and the rest:

43 B Ellis
40 Batchelor
39 Ivan
38 Hunt
37 Edwards
32 Chaplin
31 McIntosh
22 Vickery
19 Lambert
19 Newman
18 Morris
15 Lloyd
12 Griffo
6 Lennon
5 Hampson
4 C Ellis
4 Gordon
2 Astbury
2 Menadue
2 Thomas
1 Conca
1 Drummond
1 Knights

Besides the kids, this list highlights the players that are no good.
Chaplin played 20 games most As the loose man in different and still couldn't get enough votes to finish top 10. His finished.
Edwards, besides some flashes of brilliance every 3 weeks, brings nothing. His kicking especially in the final was disgraceful.
Conca 1 vote in a season ::)

zippadeee said:
Chaplin played 20 games most As the loose man in different and still couldn't get enough votes to finish top 10. His finished.
Edwards, besides some flashes of brilliance every 3 weeks, brings nothing. His kicking especially in the final was disgraceful.
I know I have no hope of changing your mind here, but I'd like to point out something about Shane Edwards last season. He played 16 games out of a possible 23. He missed 7 games due to injury and he came back for the last few games on a recently broken leg. He was good enough to play, but I think it was a hard ask to expect him to be anywhere near his best after that.

zippadeee said:
Chaplin complete dud. Just get rid of this bloke. Provides nothing, We're playing one less every game.

CarnTheTiges said:
I know I have no hope of changing your mind here, but I'd like to point out something about Shane Edwards last season. He played 16 games out of a possible 23. He missed 7 games due to injury and he came back for the last few games on a recently broken leg. He was good enough to play, but I think it was a hard ask to expect him to be anywhere near his best after that.

I totally agree with you. But his kicking is bad for a bloke that has been in the system for so long.
He still plays like his a first year player.
Best chance (now) is to trade him. Same with Ellis ( his not has good as Gaff) and we saw what happened to West coast on the weekend .you can't have blokes that touch it 40 times and have no influence on the game.
3 finals 3 straight losses
It's time for change
Out.conca Chaplin Edwards Ellis Griff and astbury

TigerForce said:
Interesting comment from Tross on not been able to play with Astbury this season. Possible goodbye to him? He blamed Dimma in a humorous way, but I reckon it's true.

Ever since Astbury was bitten by that jellyfish, I remember Dimma publicly calling him a 'moron' which must've ruptured their relationship a bit.
It was a stingray barb, not a jelly fish, when he went to do extra recovery session alone, not club authorised. Not sure why that would make him a 'moron'? More likely shows dedication, a guy trying to look after himself. It was sheer bad luck.
But what source or evidence makes you claim Dimma called him that? Just curious - don't recall reading that.

Thanks again L2R2R

Great work all year with some of the stats you come up with!

We all I know appreciate it. And others toothat provide an insight ...

leon said:
It was a stingray barb, not a jelly fish, when he went to do extra recovery session alone, not club authorised. Not sure why that would make him a 'moron'? More likely shows dedication, a guy trying to look after himself. It was sheer bad luck.
But what source or evidence makes you claim Dimma called him that? Just curious - don't recall reading that.

Because it was against club protocol, Dimma was obviously pissed off, and humorously called him a moron in one of his Happy Thursday pressers. I just think that Astbury didn't take it in a humorous way, and maybe didn't get on with Dimma. It happens with egos.

The way Dimma has managed the team over the years makes me think that moron comment would have been received ans intended, without offence. He's a school teacher and seems to know which players need a slap, which need encouraging, which can handle some stick.

Baloo said:
The way Dimma has managed the team over the years makes me think that moron comment would have been received ans intended, without offence. He's a school teacher and seems to know which players need a slap, which need encouraging, which can handle some stick.
Chocco is a school teacher, Dimma is an accountant i believe. When an accountant calls you a moron, it hurts.

Baloo said:

Yep. Jack copped a lot of it from Dimma and now comes across as a more mature person to me.

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Chocco is a school teacher, Dimma is an accountant i believe. When an accountant calls you a moron, it hurts.

Financially. :hihi

I was at the JD last night, here's a few casual observations.
So much better having Sandy Roberts hosting than Craig Whatshisname.
Got pics taken with the Flea and Chris Newman, both genuinely great blokes.
Reece McKenzie seemed to be very popular with the younger ladies, he's a big guy with a sort of huge rory hilton horse head.
I need to apologize to Dave Astbury for calling him Kamdyn (I'd had a few brewskies).
Nobody got the competition to list the top 5 in the correct order, I had Rance,Martin,Deledio,Cotchin,Riewoldt but Miles came in 4th.
Peggy again spoke extremely well, she continues to lead with class.
The opportunity to have your pic taken wearing the JD medal was cool, and damn if that medal isn't heavy.
Overall a terrific night.

TigerForce said:
Because it was against club protocol, Dimma was obviously p!ssed off, and humorously called him a moron in one of his Happy Thursday pressers. I just think that Astbury didn't take it in a humorous way, and maybe didn't get on with Dimma. It happens with egos.
Thanks for the explanation. Anyway, if the SEN report is right this afternoon, Astbury must not have been too offended. Staying, a required player it's claimed. I must admit, I do like the way RFC is pretty loyal to our players, with the possible exception of Matty White. But really thought if we were going to trade anyone, it would be him.

TigerForce said:
Because it was against club protocol, Dimma was obviously p!ssed off, and humorously called him a moron in one of his Happy Thursday pressers. I just think that Astbury didn't take it in a humorous way, and maybe didn't get on with Dimma. It happens with egos.

Astbury wouldn't have been in the mood for anymore barbs that week, it's understandable.

5SKULL5 said:
I was at the JD last night, here's a few casual observations.
So much better having Sandy Roberts hosting than Craig Whatshisname.
Got pics taken with the Flea and Chris Newman, both genuinely great blokes.
Reece McKenzie seemed to be very popular with the younger ladies, he's a big guy with a sort of huge rory hilton horse head.
I need to apologize to Dave Astbury for calling him Kamdyn (I'd had a few brewskies).
Nobody got the competition to list the top 5 in the correct order, I had Rance,Martin,Deledio,Cotchin,Riewoldt but Miles came in 4th.
Peggy again spoke extremely well, she continues to lead with class.
The opportunity to have your pic taken wearing the JD medal was cool, and damn if that medal isn't heavy.
Overall a terrific night.
I only follow it via the web - but well done for being there and giving this good report.