2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 10 vs St Kilda - VOTE HERE

3 Jack. What a game

2 Maric. Recruit of the year

1 Nahas. Very important to our win.

3 Chimp
2 Jack
1 Grigg

3 Riewoldt
2 Cotchin
1 Newman

St Kilda v Richmond
10 Jack Riewoldt (Rich)
7 Ivan Maric (Rich)
6 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
3 Brendon Goddard (StK)
2 Robin Nahas (Rich)
1 Chris Newman (Rich)
1 Ahmed Saad (StK)

3. Jack - definitely back, hope it's permanent
2. Chimp - wow, so glad I will get to watch him for the next ten years.
1. Slumdog - was huge in the 3rd qtr. Stuffs it up a bit, but geez he does some clever things.

What a great game. Go Tiges

3 jack
2 cotch
1 morris

3 - Morris
2 - Nahas
1 - Edwards

3 Jack
2 Cotch
1 Grigg

Nahas & Maric very stiff

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 10 vs St Kilda - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 10 vs St Kilda

RICHMOND 3.7 9.8 12.11 18.13 (121)
ST KILDA 3.4 9.6 10.14 16.17 (113)

GOALS
Richmond: Riewoldt 8, Edwards 2, Nahas 2, Deledio, Tuck, I. Maric, Martin, Vickery, Ellis
St Kilda: Saad 3, Riewoldt 3, Armitage 2, Milera 2, Gram 2, Goddard, Dal Santo, Koschitzke, Milne

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 19 26 16 125 883 61 88.3
2 - Brett Deledio 3 9 10 37 710 22 71.0
3 - Ivan Maric 1 13 9 38 623 23 62.3
4 - Shaun Grigg 0 0 4 4 329 4 32.9
5 - Shane Tuck 0 0 1 1 324 1 32.4
6 - Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 310 0 31.0
7 - Alex Rance 0 1 0 2 300 1 30.0
8 ↑7 Jack Riewoldt 53 15 4 193 220 72 22.0
9 ↓1 Dylan Grimes 0 0 0 0 218 0 27.3
10 ↑1 Robin Nahas 0 7 15 29 115 22 11.5
11 ↓2 Reece Conca 0 0 0 0 114 0 11.4
12 ↓2 Steven Morris 1 4 6 17 105 11 10.5
13 ↓1 Dustin Martin 0 1 1 3 50 2 5.0
14 ↓1 Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 43 0 5.4
15 ↓1 Shane Edwards 0 0 3 3 40 3 5.0
16 - Chris Newman 0 1 7 9 18 8 1.8
17 - Bachar Houli 0 0 0 0 8 0 0.8
18 - Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 6 0 0.8
19 - Jake King 0 0 0 0 4 0 0.7
20 - Daniel Jackson 0 0 0 0 3 0 0.3
21 - Brandon Ellis 0 0 0 0 2 0 0.2
=22 NEW Ben Griffiths 0 0 1 1 1 1 0.5
=22 - Matt Dea 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.2
=22 - Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.2
Total Voters=77

259059.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by lukeanddad

Let’s face it. Trudging to Etihad on a cold dark Friday night is not a patch on marching to the 'G from Richmond station with thousands of optimists on a Saturday afternoon. But there was a sense of expectation in the air – and hell, no matter what happened, we would be warm and dry all evening.

We had great seats just near the coaches’ box, so kept an eye on Dimma, Leppitch, Smith and others during the game. I’m amazed at how calm they all looked in the face of the drama playing out on the ground…

The first 10 minutes saw us absolutely dominate general play – but not able to put it on the scoreboard. I was with a couple of Saints supporters and they commented on how much quicker we looked. Jack and Ivan missed gettable goals and who knows what it would have done for momentum if we had been 20 points up at quarter time. Our best was clearly Cotchin who was brutal at the clearances, willing the ball out. I rarely give Grigg votes, but credit to him too. He is crucial across half back in helping us get the ball out of our defensive 50 from kick outs. Also great to see Ty getting his hands on the ball. His unforced errors have been discussed, but we have to keep reminding ourselves: 22-yr old mobile ruckman who is a great set shot for goals. When did we last have one of those?

Cotchin, Foley and Martin were again great in the second quarter, but the Saints were looking stronger. Jack – for the second time in two weeks - launched himself to take a beauty in the goal square. It was still very congested in the F50, but the difference is that Jack is leading more than he was a few weeks ago, and this seems to be also helping his confidence in one-out contests. (In fairness, it is also possible that Ty’s improved performances mean that the drifting ruckman now has to make a decision). Rance went down hard in a contest and emptied the contents of his stomach on the way to the interchange bench. Thoughts of him being subbed were dispelled when he wandered back on five minutes later!

The third quarter was dominated by St Kilda everywhere but on the scoreboard. They won the clearances through Lenny Hayes and Foley was clearly looking sore. Perhaps the hard turf is not good for someone with chronic foot/ankle problems? Nahas almost single-handedly kept us in the game, with some brilliant work in the forward 50 – and his five-bounce run to deliver to Ivan was scintillating. Special mention to Lids as well. He continues to develop his game and is now one of our best 2-3 clearance players.

I was hopeful that the recent, consecutive 6-day breaks would take their toll on the Saints. It did – eventually, but not before I almost had a heart attack. Two of our youngest (Ellis and Conca) made mistakes they will never make again to allow a couple of goals that saw us headed at around the 18-minute mark after looking home and hosed 5 minutes earlier. Cotchin absolutely tore the game apart, willing himself out of packs on about three occasions to move it forward.

And then came the turning point of the match…

The Saints picked it up at half back and kicked across goal – but only slightly to Goddard’s advantage. And who was coming the other way? Cotch? Lids? Morris? King? Oh no, it was Adddddam Maric - who has looked OK with the ball this season, but poor without it. More importantly, he was only a few minutes on and likely not to have picked up the speed of the game. The tackle was perfect, the ball spilled and by then Titch had come in to help out … and the rest is history.
On the strength of two last quarter efforts, I reckon A Maric has deserved to start next week. Perhaps Ellis can have a rest, with Dea to come in and Houli to start on the bench.

A special mention to Benny Griffiths. He was on Kosi, who has loved playing against us for the past 2-3 years. Kosi had just 11 possessions – all the more disappointing given he spent time on the ball – and had something like 200 games of experience on Ben. I have no idea whether Ben settles at CHB or CHF, but his kicking - mostly chips – on Friday night was flawless. And his kickouts add a huge variable for oppositions to counter. He either chips 30m to Houli/Grigg, or 65m to Maric/Tuck/Lids. He really looks like he belongs out there with these guys.

And finally, Jack. Yes, I know someone else had a better weekend on the scoreboard, but I’d rather have Jack any day of the week.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

Another classy performance for the boys in Yellow and Black on the big stage for Friday night footy. The largest crowd at Etihad Stadium this season is a testament to the growing support of the Tiger army, topped off by the club cracking the 50k member barrier this week!

In the voting this week it was hard for the voters to go past Jack's 8 goal haul. He has clearly managed to get his game together over the past couple of weeks and it was great to see him marking on the lead and leaping for marks! It makes such a difference to our side when our forward line is functional. Cotchin continues to dominate in the midfield and has extended his lead at the top of the table. He has all the tricks and his work to get to so many contests and impact on them is truly elite. Finally, Ivan managed to pip Lids for the third most votes. It's great to have a ruckman who can provide a contest in the middle, take defensive marks to cut off opposition attacks and pose a threat in the forward line.

This week sees the Tigers take on the Dockers in a Saturday arvo clash at the 'G. It will be the last home game in Melbourne for Richmond until the second half of July, so a win against a side that has been less than their best and often struggle at the 'G seems likely, although Freo aren't to be taken lightly. It will be great for the boys to get Dimma's first win as a senior coach against Lyon.

Carn' the Tiges!

As usual great stats, game report and summary. It's very much appreciated. Thanks heaps fellas. :clapping

Excellent summaries
Very much appreciated. :clap

llukeandad:

Rance went down hard in a contest and emptied the contents of his stomach on the way to the interchange bench.

We were sitting pretty near to the bench. That Rance spit was an absolute balltearer. One of the best I've ever seen on a footy field.

Thoughts of him being subbed were dispelled when he wandered back on five minutes later!

mrs evo, who doesn't got to the footy very often, was absolutely appalled when he strutted back onto the field about 5 minutes. It was a pretty good effort by Rancey.

evo said:
We were sitting pretty near to the bench. That Rance spit was an absolute balltearer. One of the best I've ever seen on a footy field.

Broadcast in full technicolour LIVE!

Panthera tigris FC said:
Broadcast in full technicolour LIVE!

On the big screen? If so, good effort. I didn't notice it in the TV replay.

evo said:
On the big screen? If so, good effort. I didn't notice it in the TV replay.

I only saw the game on TV. It was certainly shown on the live broadcast. Perhaps they chose to omit that particular scene from the replay?

Panthera tigris FC said:
I only saw the game on TV. It was certainly shown on the live broadcast. Perhaps they chose to omit that particular scene from the replay?

He spewed 3 times after that hit, I had my binoculars on him.. It was a really gutsy effort to come back on so soon.