2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 9 vs Hawthorn - VOTE HERE

U2Tigers said:
wonder how that one broke down. trying to figure how it would break down between the 2 coaches, but its got me stumped.

suspect it's like this:

8 Trent Cotchin (Rich) 4 & 4
8 Ivan Maric (Rich) 5 & 3
7 Shane Tuck (Rich) 5 & 2
3 Alex Rance (Rich) 3
2 Brett Deledio (Rich) 2
2 Nathan Foley (Rich) 1 & 1

3. Tuck
2. Martin
1. Foley

3. Cotchin
2. Tuck
1. Rance

3: Cotchin
2: Lids
1: Martin

The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 9 vs Hawthorn - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 9 vs Hawthorn

RICHMOND 4.4 8.8 13.9 21.11 (137)
HAWTHORN 1.3 4.9 8.10 10.15 (75)

GOALS
Richmond: Riewoldt 6, King 3, Edwards 2, Martin 2, Jackson 2, Morris, Cotchin, Tuck, I. Maric, Nahas, Deledio
Hawthorn: Breust 3, Rioli 2, Roughead 2, Young, Smith, Franklin

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 17 16 9 92 758 42 84.2
2 - Brett Deledio 0 4 2 10 673 6 74.8
3 - Ivan Maric 22 13 14 106 585 49 65.0
4 - Shaun Grigg 0 0 0 0 325 0 36.1
5 ↑3 Shane Tuck 28 19 11 133 323 58 35.9
6 ↓1 Nathan Foley 2 8 6 28 310 16 34.4
7 ↓1 Alex Rance 5 6 13 40 298 24 33.1
8 ↓1 Dylan Grimes 0 0 0 0 218 0 27.3
9 - Reece Conca 0 0 0 0 114 0 12.7
10 ↑1 Steven Morris 3 8 12 37 88 23 9.8
11 ↓1 Robin Nahas 0 0 0 0 86 0 9.6
12 ↑1 Dustin Martin 0 1 3 5 47 4 5.2
13 ↓1 Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 43 0 6.1
14 - Shane Edwards 0 3 5 11 37 8 5.3
15 - Jack Riewoldt 0 1 3 5 27 4 3.0
16 - Chris Newman 0 0 0 0 9 0 1.0
17 - Bachar Houli 0 0 0 0 8 0 0.9
18 - Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 6 0 0.8
19 NEW Jake King 1 0 1 4 4 2 0.8
20 NEW Daniel Jackson 1 0 0 3 3 1 0.4
21 ↓2 Brandon Ellis 0 0 0 0 2 0 0.2
=22 ↓2 Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
=22 ↓2 Matt Dea 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.2
Total Voters=79

258388.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by Eat the rich

A WIN FOR THE AGES

I'm not superstitious, but there were some great portents leading into Saturday's game. Not one Hawks supporter on my tram for the entire trip through their heartland. A LOT of Tigers fans. A moment to gladden my heart when a bunch of young kids got on, all decked out in their Tigers gear, and started pumping up the Tige's chances in proud voices, and a steely resolve in their eyes. A hawks fan running to catch the tram....and missing it, followed by a cheer.

Swan St. had a buzz. The yellow and black were up and about.

Although I've a seat undercover in the Richmond reserve, I chose to join a friend who was sitting in the AFL reserve......and yes, our seats were completely surrounded by a bunch of arrogant, mouthy Hawks supporters, very bullish about their chances, face paint galore :hihi

Hawthorn. Is there a club that epitomises success in the modern era more than this mob? Their rise to dominance in the 80's was on the back of our fall from grace. Dunstall kicked 17 against us. They have pulled off some amazing coups that have set them up as one of the most stable financial super powers of the competition. On the back of their Tassie 'two heads and pets' memberships they have successfully inflated their members levels to the 3rd largest in the AFL. They beat a highly fancied Geelong for the 2008 premiership. They took BUDDY instead of bling.

BUT, they are not Richmond, and as much as it galls them, they are not a 'big4' club in Melbourne.

Thank you Hawthorn for Damien Hardwick. Thank you Hawthorn for Ross Smith. These two gentlemen will go down in history as two significant architects of our resurrection.

On this particular day they proved the architects of Hawthorn's demise. The game has been dissected and disseminated almost more than any game in recent Richmond history, so I don't need to go into great detail. However I will say it was an historical turning point for our club, a validation of what our coaches have been trying to build, a vindication of our blind faith in them to finally deliver us out of the ignominious wilderness, that has been a Richmond supporters domain for longer than I care to remember. This was a win for the Richmond faithful.

The media had thrown down the challenge; were we the real deal? could we beat the PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES? You could almost hear them sniggering behind their hands.
Right from the opening bounce, the boys hunted this game. They wanted it bad. You almost had a sense everything else was a dress rehearsal for THIS game.

Stuctures, match-ups, clearances, skills, running to space, running to support, discipline, intensity levels , decision making, EVERYTHING clicked, and the boys were ON.

The Hawks supporters around me began to worry, Buddy began to worry. He just couldn't shake Rancey out of his blind spot, he didn't know which way to turn, and when he did SOK or D were in his face. He fumbled. He kicked under pressure. He was wildly inaccurate.

The Hawks supporters around me began to panic, Hawthorn began to panic. Our over the ground defensive pressure was enormous. The Hawks were struggling to win the contests let alone the game.They were hearing footsteps all over the ground. We answered all the Hawks challenges with a surety I haven't seen for far too long.

And then the Heavens opened, and so did the floodgates. The moment had arrived. It was time to flick the switch and take advantage of all our good running and positioning. It was time to put a Goliath on its knees, to the sword. And we were merciless.

I didn't notice all the Hawthorn supporters around the ground leave. But, leave they did. When I looked around the ground, all I could see were a sea of Tiger supporters, dancing and delirious, shouting and laughing, and then with a sense of celebration not often witnessed at games it was OUR turn to sing OUR song.

- Just a couple of points I loved from the game:

- Our defensive structures and discipline. When the game was won and Jack was lining up on another goal, the Boys were yelling at each other to make sure their positioning was right just in case it was a point and Hawthorn tried a quick release from their back line. This goes a long way to winning games.

- Ty's tap work was very impressive.

- Three Big Ben moments 1. his first kick in for the set play. 2. His attempted hanger over Hale, great sign. 3. Not only his long bomb at goal, but the work before that when he ran from the backline in support of Rance, took the hand ball receive, and held his nerve with a closing Buddy coming at him, until he was IN RANGE :rofl and got the kick off cleanly, before taking the contact. This guy could be a huge X factor with some game time and the ensuing confidence it brings.

I'm a Very Happy Tiger. Keep up that good work everyone and soon we WILL arrive in the promised land. Those kids on the tram, and any of you Richmond Supporters out there who haven't seen this proud and great club at it's best, deserve it. Buy a membership now. Those tickets are going to be in scarce supply when our time comes.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

What an excellent day at the footy. Traditional Saturdary arvo timeslot, plenty of rain and plenty of jubilation. Thanks to Eat the rich for stepping up and providing a great report on the match.

In the voting this week plenty of PREnders, unsurprisingly, cast their ballot. There were plenty of Tigers that gathered votes after our most dominant match that had contributions from most players. The clear winner though was the reborn Shane Tuck who demonstrated his grunt and ferocity in the wet and won a ton of contested ball for the Tiger midfield. As he approaches his 150th game this evening he is playing his career best footy and is now a pivotal piece of the Tiger midfield. Recruit of the year and now footy cult legend, Ivan Maric, also featured prominently in the votes after another dominant display. He leads the Tigers for contested marks, which is an invaluable addition to his dominance in the ruck and his work around the ground. What a difference he has made to this Tigers outfit and what a bargain we got when he came across from the Crows. Finally, the ever reliable Trent Cotchin also secured a large number of votes and has re-established a small break at the top of the table as Lids had closed the gap over recent weeks. His creativity and ability to win the ball and elude tacklers makes him our most damaging midfielder, a fact not missed by our opponents as he now is the main focus of shutdown players. That mark and goal in the wet on Saturday shows how damaging he can be when he goes forward as well. The complete footballer and still so young.

The Tigers take on the Saints in tonight's match of the round. I am hoping to see Richmond break their 9 year drought against our bogey side. The Saints have been travelling well in recent weeks, setting up a huge battle for spots in the top 8. Win this and the Tigers have taken a huge stride towards playing finals footy for the first time in 11 years!

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 9 vs Hawthorn - RESULTS POSTED

Great job. That was a great read.

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 10 vs St Kilda - VOTE HERE

3. Cotchin
2. Jack
1. Robbie

We're back!!!!!!!!!!! We are seeing the rebirth of our club. This is special. We are not pretenders. This is the beginning. We are at the dawn of a Golden Age. This is the real deal.

How good is Ivan, Newman, Rance. Lots of apologies. Congrats Tucky, jack on Milestones.

Happy days are here again...

3-Jack
2-Cotch
1-Nahas

3 -Jack
2 - Morris
1 - Cotch

A Maric nearly got the 1 vote just for that tackle on Goddard

3 - Riewoldt (8 goals)

2 - Maric (Solid 4 1/4 effort)

1 - Deledio (His 2 goals assists early in the last were instrumental)

Unlucky: Cotchin, Nahas, Morris and Griffo.

3. Lids
2. Chimp
1. Mullet Maric

3 Reiwoldt
2 Cotchin
1 Newman

3. Jack
2. Chimp Kazoo
1. Slumdog