2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs West Coast - VOTE HERE

3. Lids
2. Cotch
1. Ivan

3 - Cotchin
2 - I Maric the irrepressible mullet
1 - Morris

3. Chimper.
2. Lids.
1. Maric.

3-Cotchin
2-Batchelor
1-Maric

Deledio and Martin very unlucky to miss out on my votes.

3.Deledio
2 Cotchin
1 Rance

3. Cotchin
2. Deledio
1. Batch

Coaches award votes from the game were

9 Daniel Kerr (WCE)
9 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
3 Jack Darling (WCE)
3 Brett Deledio (Rich)
2 Dustin Martin (Rich)
2 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
1 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
1 Matt Priddis (WCE)

Sintiger said:
Coaches award votes from the game were

9 Daniel Kerr (WCE)
9 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
3 Jack Darling (WCE)
3 Brett Deledio (Rich)
2 Dustin Martin (Rich)
2 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
1 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
1 Matt Priddis (WCE)

Wonder who gave the 2's and 3's to which players?

Clearly Deledio & Darling have received a 3 each, and none from the other coach. Likewise the 2's with Martin & Naitanui. Got a sneaky feeling Dimma might've voted for his own boys.

3: Lids
2: Cotchin
1: Batchelor

3 dusty
2 cotch
1 batch

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 4 vs Geelong - RESULTS POSTED

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 5 vs West Coast

Richmond 4.2 9.4 12.11 14.13 (97)
West Coast 5.3 11.6 12.9 16.11 (107)

GOALS
Richmond: Miller 3, Jackson 2, Martin 2, Riewoldt 2, Vickery 2, Cotchin, Ellis, Maric
West Coast: Darling 4, Hill 3, Hams 2, Lynch 2, Masten 2, Cox, Kennedy, S. Selwood

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 43 20 3 172 546 66 109.2
2 - Brett Deledio 19 28 6 119 386 53 77.2
3 - Alex Rance 0 0 3 3 248 3 49.6
4 ↑1 Nathan Foley 0 1 2 4 202 3 40.4
5 ↓1 Shaun Grigg 0 0 1 1 200 1 40.0
6 - Shane Tuck 0 0 0 0 160 0 32.0
7 ↑1 Ivan Maric 5 12 25 64 128 42 25.6
8 ↓1 Reece Conca 0 0 0 0 114 0 22.8
9 ↑2 Jake Batchelor 0 6 12 24 42 18 10.5
10 ↑4 Dustin Martin 3 4 14 31 38 21 7.6
11 ↓2 Dylan Grimes 0 0 0 0 36 0 7.2
12 ↑1 Steven Morris 1 0 2 5 22 3 4.4
13 ↓3 Jack Riewoldt 0 0 0 0 21 0 4.2
14 ↓3 Robin Nahas 0 0 0 0 18 0 3.6
15 ↑1 Bachar Houli 0 0 2 2 7 2 1.4
16 ↓1 Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 6 0 1.2
17 - Brandon Ellis 0 0 1 1 2 1 0.4
=18 ↓1 Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
=18 ↓1 Chris Newman 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.2
Total Voters=71

255610.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by Eat the rich

Friday night passes…Saturday comes and goes….Sunday arvo comes around, and I feel really fortunate that I can jump on a tram that takes me right to the MCG, or in this case, somewhat less fortunately, straight pass the ‘G and drops me of at the dome. Beautiful Melbourne Autumnal afternoon, and as long as I’m spending the afternoon watching my beloved Tigers, all is well in the world.

As well as 2 other Tiger mates, I brought along a WC supporter to contribute to Richmond’s gate takings, and just to make things interesting in the advent of an upset. Amongst the great unwashed on the lower level with me were Addam Maric (in his own jumper!) and his mates, with his number on their backs. One of Richmond’s most generous benefactors was a couple of seats in front of me; you just have to love the egalitarian nature of the crowds at our great game. Speaking of crowds, 28k is not a bad crowd for a Sunday arvo against live TV, and as always, a 28k Richmond crowd is worth double, noise wise, of other clubs. And we ROARED.

After promisingly more competitive efforts in previous rounds, I’ve noticed the rampant performance anxiety on PRE decreased markedly during the week prior to this match. You could even argue the case that it was almost positive. Maybe, just maybe, for a variety of reasons the team is performing to a level that allows us to dare to dream…. I for one, saw this as a very tough game indeed. WC boast formidable forward and back lines, bookending a strong and deep midfield supplied by the strongest ruck division in the competition. Game on.

Umpires: McBurney-, is there a more annoying umpire in the AFL?-/ Armstrong,- guilty by association /- Bannister- uncanny ability to bounce the ball consistently into the 3-4 metre killzone of NicNat.

Underway. A pulsating 1st Q with highlights being :

- Big Evarn goaling in the 1st minute. Love the way this bloke goes about it. Hustles and bustles, generally gets in good positions, and really runs hard. Is competitive in the ruck contests, but let’s face it, Nic Nat is a super freak ( Like most of the physical aspects of the game, you only truly appreciate this when you’re at the ground) and I thought Ivan rucked to the best of his abilities all day and was one of our best

- Dusty kicks the 1st of 2 for the Q and the crowd roars. Hello, we’re on!

- Unexpectedly, Jacko marks and kicks a goal for us! Bonus! I must say the late, behind the play bump on him by Waters when he had just turned to run with the flight of the ball and was wide open, would have split a lesser man in two. Jacko got up and played his best game of the year. Kudos. Typically, no free kick.

- Jack Darling proving to be the best orchestrated steal of recent draft history. Good overhead, and for his size, amazing below his knees. Going to be the Comps best CHF that we’ve seen for a while.

2nd Q highlights :

- Tyrone’s mark and goal. The blokes inability to influence a game this year has been my major disappointment. The crowd goes up in the hope that this signals the turning point. 2 mins later kicks a point from 35m. Good mark though…..Watched him closely today, and he really didn’t want the ball enough. For some reason he is way down in confidence.

- Jacks hanger and beautiful conversion, such a highlight of our great game, may the idiots at the rules committee NEVER touch it!

- Marics handball off to chimp for a running goal, crowd goes wild.

- Overall, our ability to hang tough and stay in the game when the WC looked on the verge of opening us up. A great sign for this team.

3rd Q highlights

- Jacksons try.

- Brandon Ellis kicks his first goal ,kicking a 45m set shot goal. He is a beautiful left-foot kick.

-dramatic swing in the momentum again with the Tigers kicking the last four goals unanswered, only to let the eagles off the hook with 4 defenders allowing Lynch an uncontested mark 20m out directly in front. Costly.

- The brilliant run and dash of Lids’- weaved his way through traffic and really backed himself, hits Dusty with a 50m pass that he fails to convert from 20m out….. Loved it today when Lids saw Coxy coming at him, and he just ignited the afterburners on his Jets…..gonski. He is an amazing physical specimen of a man.

4thQ and the game in general

- Well, this is really were we went wrong today. We kicked 2-4 to their 4-0 in the last and lost by 10 points, after being 2 points down at ¾ time.

- We kicked inaccurately all day as evidenced by us finishing 14- 11 from shots on goal compared to WC 16-4, a great conversion rate.

- Jack 2.3 V Darling 4.0

- Ty 2.2 V Hill 3.0

- Dusty 2.3 V Masten 2.0

- Cotch 1.1 V Hams 2.0

- Miller 3.1 V Lynch 2.1

And this has a lot to do with where WC take their shots on goal from.-

The thing with WC is they can kick from HB and hit a forward in the 35-50 zone. One kick from Hurn to Darling found Darling dropping off his man for an easy mark over the back from a 60m

kick. If their forwards aren’t positioned properly, they have an excellent ability to run and possess the ball wide until one of their forwards get loose. Composure. Kerr did this many times today,

controlling the running patterns and tempo, drawing defenders and feeding brilliant handballs into space for his outside linking mids. Gaff was tireless in his work in the midfield, and Kerr’s

influence on his development is certainly showing.

I thought our backline did really well today, considering how good and predictably the ball was coming in. Special mention to Jake Batchelor for a fantastic game, especially in the air. I’m more and more impressed with his ability to translate opposition analysis into on field completion of his role. Dimma and the coaches must love this bloke.

- And then of course, given their height advantage up forward, WC on occasion put it to that very dangerous hot spot 15- 20 metre out after drawing defenders out of there. Again, great place to take a shot on goal.
-
- Priddis and Kerr cut us up at the stoppages, aided by some fantastic tap work by NicNat. Like Bartel last week Kerr really imposed himself on the game when it was in the balance. Priddis hurt us in close just when we needed it least

I would love it if we could get a quick, skilful HF/outside mid into the team. It would make such a difference to our game plan and structure. At the moment Brett O’Hanlon seems a Sunday too far away. Did someone say…. Steele?

In the end , although disappointed of course to lose the game, Myself and my two fellow Richmond supporters left the ground with smiles on our faces. We ran them close, as evidenced by the face of my WC supporting friend in the last Q. They are a good team. We are becoming a good team. Finally. Go Tigers

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

A comprehensive review of the West Coast game from Eat the rich has left little to say. Cotchin was again recognised at the outstanding Tiger on the ground and has consolidated his place at the top of the leaderboard. The way he is playing would suggest that it going take some effort to chase him down. An early call perhaps, but his form on the field has been outstanding and I, personally, am rapt to see a player of his calibre playing in the Yellow and Black. Deledio is the only player really challenging the Chimp in the votes and he had a solid week in the polls. Some of his runs through the midfield this week were breathtaking as he made his opponents look like witches hats in a training drill. I had my heart in my mouth when he went down with what looked like a serious injury after a collision with Tucky, but he came back on the field as damaging as ever. The other outstanding player in the polls this week was Ivan, who came up against the best ruck combo in the league and battled the whole match. It is amazing to see what a difference a real competitor in the ruck can make to our midfield.

This week sees a crunch match for the Tigers as they come up against the improving Port Adelaide on South Australian turf. Both teams sit on 1-4, perhaps not a true reflection of either team's form this season. The winner of this match will still retain some hope whereas the loser will find finals a difficult challenge. The first five round are over. Time for the Tigers to assert themselves and announce themselves as a worthy finals side in 2012. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs West Coast - RESULTS POSTED

Thanks fellas. Awesome effort. :clapping

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs West Coast - RESULTS POSTED

Good stuff again. I'll put my hand up for the Sydney match report