2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 4 v Collingwood - VOTE HERE

3. Cotchin
2. Martin
1. Newman

3.Martin
2.Cotchin
3.Deledio

Repetitive but...

3. Deledio
2. The Chimp
1. Dusty

Liked Grigg's game.

3. Deledio
2. Cotch
1. Martin

3.Cotchin
2.Martin
1.Deledio

Pity we don't have a 5 vote , couldn't fit in White & Griggs

3: Cotchin
2: Lids
1: Martin

apologies: Newman, Grigg and Jackson.

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 3 v Hawthorn - RESULTS NOW POSTED

MB78 said:
Yinnar this is the second time you have voted this for this game :hihi

Not sure exactly how Panthera collates the votes, but I suspect he would've picked up on this.

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 3 v Hawthorn - RESULTS NOW POSTED

MB78 said:
Yinnar this is the second time you have voted this for this game :hihi

Didn't realize this. At times, red wine tends to affect my recall. At least my votes were consistent. ;D

3. Cotchin
2. Deledio
1. Martin

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Not sure exactly how Panthera collates the votes, but I suspect he would've picked up on this.

Yep. My database flags any duplicate ballots and I delete the earlier one (if you want to change your votes - just vote again!).

My votes:

3-Cotchin
2-Deledio
1-Martin

3. Cotchin
2. Graham
1. Deledio

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 4 vs Collingwood

Richmond 2.2 5.7 11.10 13.12 (90)
Collingwood 8.6 13.9 15.12 24.17 (161)

GOALS
Richmond: Riewoldt 4, Martin 2, White 2, Vickery, King, Miller, Deledio, Graham
Collingwood: Swan 4, Cloke 3, Sidebottom 3, Thomas 2, Dawes 2, Beams 2, Johnson, Pendlebury, Blair, Wood, Brown, Wellingham, Ball, Didak

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Brett Deledio 24 18 10 118 347 52 86.8
2 ↑1 Trent Cotchin 33 21 5 146 340 59 85.0
3 ↓1 Jack Riewoldt 0 0 0 0 216 0 54.0
4 - Shaun Grigg 0 0 5 5 170 5 42.5
5 - Robin Nahas 0 0 0 0 159 0 39.8
6 - Daniel Jackson 0 0 1 1 114 1 28.5
7 ↑2 Dustin Martin 3 16 29 70 110 48 27.5
8 ↓1 Chris Newman 0 3 6 12 60 9 15.0
9 ↓1 Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 42 0 10.5
10 - Matthew White 0 0 1 1 38 1 9.5
11 - Jake King 0 0 0 0 14 0 4.7
12 ↑2 Angus Graham 0 2 2 6 10 4 2.5
=13 ↓1 Tyrone Vickery 0 0 0 0 7 0 1.8
=13 ↓1 Luke McGuane 0 0 0 0 7 0 3.5
=15 ↑1 Reece Conca 0 0 1 1 4 1 1.0
=15 ↓1 Alex Rance 0 0 0 0 4 0 4.0
=17 - Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
=17 - Bachar Houli 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
Total Voters=60

227537.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by Panthera tigris FC

Friday night footy saw the Tigers come up against one of their traditional rivals and the in-form reigning premiers in the Pies. Not much optimism surrounded the outlook for the Tigers pre-match and most of the faithful were just hoping for a good honest effort. However, as we have seen regularly in the 2011 season the Tigers were very slow out of the blocks and were consigned to playing catch up footy for the night. An 8 goal to 2 opening quarter ensured the Pies a very comfortable 40 point break at quarter time and it felt as if we were in for a long night. Dane Swan and Daisy Thomas, in particular, were dominant and our young backline, visibly outsized and outmuscled looked like they would be unable to stop the flood.

In the second quarter the Tigers finally managed to get their hands on the pill more often and Trent Cotchin sparked a mini-revival of sorts as the Tigers staged a stand against the onslaught. Mistakes still hurt the side, but the 5 goal to 3 margin in the term was more indicative of the Tigers improved effort. Even so, with a 50 point deficit at half time, a 100 point flogging certainly felt like a likely result for the night.

As it turns out, that wasn't to be with the Tigers, as seems to be their pattern this season, came out of blocks in blistering form in the 3rd. It was an awesome display, and arguably the Tigers best quarter for the season, considering the class of the opposition (did I just describe Collingwood as classy? ::) ) A number of players stood up in the quarter, none more so than Brett Deledio, who found the ball at will and whose disposal and ability to run with the ball and break tackles really showed the skill of our 2 time best and fairest. Cotchin continued to be prominent and Dustin Martin also stood up to kick a couple of great goals, the second of which really showed the natural skill and flair of Dusty. The Tigers absolutely smashed the Pies in the contested possession stats for the quarter, the first time that any team has achieved that against Collingwood this season, really showing the hard work that the team was willing and capable of doing. The Tigers comfortably won the quarter kicking 6 goals to 2 and headed into the final quarter with a glimmer of hope, only 26 points behind.

In discussions with some of my fellow supporters at the 3 quarter time break there seemed to be quite a bit of pessimism about the team's ability to continue at the level they displayed in the 3rd and as it turns out the fears were well founded. The insult of the 3rd quarter seemed to spark the Pies awake and they punished the Tigers, kicking a whopping 9 goals to 2 for the term to end up comfortable 71 point victors, a scoreline, which, if anything, slightly flattered Collingwood.

Overall, the game was quite characteristic of Tiger's season thus far, with, as Benny Gale put it at the Social Club after the match, 'glimpses' being shown by the team. The 3rd term was genuinely exciting footy and the Tiger army made itself heard as the reigning premiers were made to look pedestrian.

In the voting this week, it should warm the hearts of the Tiger faithful that 3 of our high draft picks and key players in the Tigers future success stood up to be counted against the most formidable opposition. Trent Cotchin has continued his good form this season, with a consistent 4 quarter effort. The Chimp is such a good mover and makes most of his possessions count. His 16 contested possessions were second only to Dane Swan's 18 and he was an extremely important cog throughout the match. He racked up a career high 30 disposals, delivered the ball inside 50 8 times and was appropriately rewarded for this effort with the most votes of round 4. Although Brett Deledio wasn't as prominent in the first half, he was sublime in the 3rd and set up attack after attack for the Tigers running through the midfield off the backline. When he is in full flight Lids is an impressive footy player and he seldom wastes the footy. His running goal from outside 50 lit up the crowd in the 3rd and was one of the highlights of the match. He is still holding the lead in the PREmier Fighting Tiger Award, but by a very slender margin, to the in form Cotchin. The other prominent player was Dusty Martin whose 28 touches and 2 goals capped off an impressive display. Both of his goals were freakish, displaying innate skill that can't be coached. His first involved him nutmegging Harry O and dribbling the ball through from distance, while the second was all class as he held off his opponent with one hand, brought the ball coming inside 50 to ground with the other and then slotted the goal from 40. If that moment didn't get your heart racing, see a doctor. His other major highlight for mine was his one on one effort, again against Harry O, when he actually managed to outmark the Pies defender from an inferior position. Although only a small thing, it showed his skill and strength against an opponent that is rarely beaten in such a situation.

This week sees the Tigers take on the Kangas in a Sunday twilight match. Interestingly, in one of my footy tipping comps, which only has a dozen or so competitors, all of them have tipped Richmond. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, but this match is the first of the season in which I have done likewise. It is going to be a good match, with both teams desperate for their first win of the season. As always, I look forward to a competitive effort from the side, in what is a winnable game. As I am unable to attend the match this week I would really appreciate a PRE volunteer to provide a brief match report for this column next week.

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 4 v Collingwood - RESULTS POSTED

3- Edwards (farewell votes)
2- TBA
1- TBA