2010 Federal election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2010 Federal election

As a result of the 2010 election, a hung parliament would:

• be a good thing - force the major parties to be more inclusive in policy-making

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • be a good lesson for the pollies, but is a bad thing for good governemnt.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lead to political instability and be a bad thing for the country

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Rumour from the Dept of Agriculture federal public servants is that the indeps are leaning towards a LNP minority govt, with the Greens getting the bums rush.

Azza said:
Rumour from the Dept of Agriculture federal public servants is that the indeps are leaning towards a LNP minority govt, with the Greens getting the bums rush.

always the most likely option

get ready for the showdown at the Senate

Tiger74 said:

Be interesting if there's any movement on the NBN as well.

Tiger74 said:

So who'll be more representative of the 'will of the people'? A lower house minority govt with it's short and curlies held by 3 independants, or an upper house with balance of power held by a party with 9 seats selected by proportional voting from most of the states? Gotta think the Greens would have a pretty strong argument for a mandate.

If the LNPs get a minority govt together with the indeps, I reckon we'll be back at the polling booths pdq.

Azza said:
So who'll be more representative of the 'will of the people'? A lower house minority govt with it's short and curlies held by 3 independants, or an upper house with balance of power held by a party with 9 seats selected by proportional voting from most of the states? Gotta think the Greens would have a pretty strong argument for a mandate.

If the LNPs get a minority govt together with the indeps, I reckon we'll be back at the polling booths pdq.
greens senate wouldnt come into play until mid next year

Giardiasis said:
greens senate wouldnt come into play until mid next year

True nuff. Still only less than a year or so into whatever govt it is that materialises.

Azza said:
Labor could still win Brisbane, they are closing fast. That could change everythnig.

evo said:
Labor could still win Brisbane, they are closing fast. That could change everythnig.

Yep. Very close now. Hard to keep up! It was Hasluck, now Brisbane. The seat I live in, Corangamite, is now back on the AEC's "Close" list.

Hard to see how this is going to pan out until those 3 seats are decided.

Check out this picture in today's Australian. If you are into body language, it says 1000 words.

116256-katter-swan.jpg

"Bow before the King of Kennedy you unworthy knave".

evo said:
Check out this picture in today's Australian. If you are into body language, it says 1000 words.

116256-katter-swan.jpg

"Bow before the King of Kennedy you unworthy knave".

Yep. No eye contact from Katter. Swan's in his rightful place, lickspittle.

AEC is now declaring Brisbane & Hasluck has gone to the Liberals and Corangamite to Labor plus Dennison to Andrew Wilkie making up a total of 4 independants.
They are no longer listed as close seats, most margins are around the 1% mark, I think counting has finished but not sure if there will be any recounts

That leaves a total of
73 Coalition
72 Labor
1 Green
4 Independants

Which is pretty much what was expected

Yep. It is all over. The psephology gnome has called all the seats now.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?action=post;topic=41348.30;num_replies=33

Azza said:
Is the multi-party geni well out of the bottle, with voters realising they don't HAVE to stick to Labor or the Liberals?

this is what i'm really hoping for

evo said:

the mark knight cartoon in yesterdays hun was absolutely brilliant. maybe someone can upload it?

150 seats, 3 to decide. ALP need 2 indis, or Libs need all 3.