1st Rnd Priority Pick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1st Rnd Priority Pick

Which would you prefer?

• Pick 4(2011 Draft)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Pick 1(2012 Draft)

Votes: 35 81.4%

• Total voters
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Ok i,ll make the question alot easier for you.
If the AFL GAVE us a choice of either using our 1st Rnd Priority Pick in 2011[Pick 4] or banking it for 2012[Pick 1],What would you do?

As I said, too hard to answer right now.

Who knows what the strength of the 2011/12 drafts could be. 2011 could be super strong and 2012 could be weak.

We would either get Pick 4 + 6 in 2011,

or pick 4 (2011) + Pick 1 (2012).

It's a question of Pick 6 in 2011 or Pick 1 in 2012 if we're allowed to do it.

Pretty obvious to me.

1 is far better than 6, even if it was a 'weak' draft.

You'd have to go the pick #1 in the 2012 draft if we were allowed the option.

Regardless if the upcoming drafts are strong or weak you'd still be in a position to snag a star at #1.

As one previous post states, if this happened (and we will still be rebuilding at that point) we could have a few 1st rounders in the 2012 draft which would hopefully put us in really good stead.

Tis a shame but it is reality that we won't be successful within at least the next couple of years and likely to be a few or more - but we are in a good position with regard to the beginning of our rebuilding phase. Shame really about the 2 new clubs coming in otherwise we would have had pick #1 (PP) and #2 in this years draft and probably picks 18 (PP) and 19 too. Not that we can do anything about that now but I do believe that we are making good on our current predicament.

Definitely bank it, but make sure Rudd doesn't change the interest tax rules in the meantime.

rockstar_tiger said:
We would either get Pick 4 + 6 in 2011,

or pick 4 (2011) + Pick 1 (2012).

It's a question of Pick 6 in 2011 or Pick 1 in 2012 if we're allowed to do it.

Pretty obvious to me.

1 is far better than 6, even if it was a 'weak' draft.
It would be Pick 6 2011 and Pick 1 2012.

Giardiasis said:
It would be Pick 6 2011 and Pick 1 2012.

no. last place will get pick 4, if there is no PP. if there is a PP that will be pick 4 and last place will get pick 6.
if we finish last without a 1st round PP we get pick 4. if we finish last with a 1st round PP we get pick 4 and pick 6.

We wont finish last next year kids.

Outside of Priority picks we well not have a pick before Gold Coast.

We will be clearly better than them.

Brodders17 said:
no. last place will get pick 4, if there is no PP. if there is a PP that will be pick 4 and last place will get pick 6.
if we finish last without a 1st round PP we get pick 4. if we finish last with a 1st round PP we get pick 4 and pick 6.
Yeah I was moving the pp without realising by default that meant we take pick 4. :spin

Let's not forget that, if we turn Pick 6 (2011) into Pick 1 (2012), we will still have another 1st round pick to come. It'd be nice to get the BEST kid from the draft even though we're moving up the ladder.

Giardiasis said:
Surely 2012 will be better because 17 year olds will be included. Should all be moot though I agree with Leysy.
Sorry champ, not so, the draft age goes up this year to only include those 18yo on draft day and the 17 yo's will be filched by the new teams. :'(

BIGNIGE said:
Sorry champ, not so, the draft age goes up this year to only include those 18yo on draft day and the 17 yo's will be filched by the new teams. :'(
Yes and also next year, I was comparing 2012 to 2011 and how in 2012 there will be 17 year olds.

Danog said:
Let's not forget that, if we turn Pick 6 (2011) into Pick 1 (2012), we will still have another 1st round pick to come. It'd be nice to get the BEST kid from the draft even though we're moving up the ladder.
Seriously? You guys look like the first team with a shot at being 0-22.

Barnzy said:
Since no one knows yet the strength of these 2 drafts (2011/2012) wouldn't you think it's a near impossible question to answer. Odds of the AFL allowing us to bank a pick is also unlikely.

Reading between the lines, of other media as well as Nialls article, I think the state of the Tiges this year has caught the league by surprise, which shows how dumb they are. I acyually reckon they'll be looking for a way to give us some kind of back door compo, its the least they can do.

DemonHead said:

Yes unfortunately for us cheating isn't in our nature, unlike some other clubs, and we are now paying the price.

DemonHead said:

Melbourne's last premiership: 1964.

That's all that matters you dumb Melbourne troll.