1st Rnd Priority Pick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1st Rnd Priority Pick

Which would you prefer?

• Pick 4(2011 Draft)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Pick 1(2012 Draft)

Votes: 35 81.4%

• Total voters

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
After reading Jake Niall,s article in regards to Priority Picks.He mentioned that should we "qualify" for a 1st rnd draft pick next year,We should have the choice to either use it that year[2011] or Bank it to the following year[2012] when the draft is uncompromised.
What would you do?

Pick 4 this year. Gives us an extra year to develop a potential gun and we will more than likely get a decent pick next year anyway. Dont see the point. Pick 4 most likely not all that far off pick 1 anyway.

Bank it as these days you can't miss with the number 1 pick (some may say Watts but that hasn't been proven), and we have no luck with picks around #4. Tambling and what was Fiora number 4 too?
shawry said:
Pick 4 this year. Gives us an extra year to develop a potential gun and we will more than likely get a decent pick next year anyway. Dont see the point. Pick 4 most likely not all that far off pick 1 anyway.
The question is not about this years draft, but next year if we get priority pick 4, we could save it and use it in 2012 as a number one. Definately save for me.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
After reading Jake Niall,s article in regards to Priority Picks.He mentioned that should we "qualify" for a 1st rnd draft pick next year,We should have the choice to either use it that year[2011] or Bank it to the following year[2012] when the draft is uncompromised.
What would you do?

Since no one knows yet the strength of these 2 drafts (2011/2012) wouldn't you think it's a near impossible question to answer. Odds of the AFL allowing us to bank a pick is also unlikely.

MrRuss said:
Bank it as these days you can't miss with the number 1 pick (some may say Watts but that hasn't been proven), and we have no luck with picks around #4. Tambling and what was Fiora number 4 too?The question is not about this years draft, but next year if we get priority pick 4, we could save it and use it in 2012 as a number one. Definately save for me.

We beg to differ then.

I think the gist of what he was saying is that should be qualify for a priority pick we should be given the option of using it in 2012 as we would NOT get pick 1 in 2011 regardless due to GWS. I.e. delay the pick 1 year so that we get pick 1 instead of pick 4. I'd go pick 1 in 2012.

I'd go for the bank a pick option (if we could), then I say we go all out for the tank in 2012 and get the first 3 picks in 2012!!! Banked PP#1, PP#1 and Pick 2.

Barnzy said:
Since no one knows yet the strength of these 2 drafts (2011/2012) wouldn't you think it's a near impossible question to answer. Odds of the AFL allowing us to bank a pick is also unlikely.
LOL.

shamekha said:
do you mean typical response to your post or typical response from madcow in general..

Typical response from Madcow in general.

He's incapable of forming arguments against any of my posts so he just replys with childish remarks/personal attacks. As I said, very immature for age 46.....and bitter.

Bank it, but I don't reckon they would let us do that.

Everyone is assuming that we will only win 4 games next year! I think it is a chance, however we are also a chance to do something stupid and win 5-7 games lol. I hope not...we need the extra top ten pick.

Barnzy said:
Typical response from Madcow in general.

He's incapable of forming arguments against any of my posts so he just replys with childish remarks/personal attacks. As I said, very immature for age 46.....and bitter.
Bitter?Don,t make me LOL again Champ.Why is it every other poster had no problem with what was being asked in this poll except you.Some accountant you are if you can,t put 2 & 2 togeather :hihi :hihi

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Bitter?Don,t make me LOL again Champ.Why is it every other poster had no problem with what was being asked in this poll except you.Some accountant you are if you can,t put 2 & 2 togeather :hihi :hihi

I gave you a reply on the previous page. A) Impossible to tell the strengths of the 2 drafts this far out, maybe 1 might be better quality than the other B) AFL would never let us bank our pick IMO.

Barnzy said:
I gave you a reply on the previous page. A) Impossible to tell the strengths of the 2 drafts this far out, maybe 1 might be better quality than the other B) AFL would never let us bank our pick IMO.
Ok i,ll make the question alot easier for you.
If the AFL GAVE us a choice of either using our 1st Rnd Priority Pick in 2011[Pick 4] or banking it for 2012[Pick 1],What would you do?