Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

We shouldve got the Irish bloke that was at Collingwood and now at Adelaide.
He took 3544 intercept marks and had Dixon sniffing his jocks all night.

Reactions: 1 users
We shouldve got the Irish bloke that was at Collingwood and now at Adelaide.
He took 3544 intercept marks and had Dixon sniffing his jocks all night.
Well, if you’re looking for jock sniffers, Collingwobbles would be the first place I’ll start looking too.

How old was he when he started playing footy?
Athletic and strong with zero football nouse and not much natural ability- understandably

Is a worry for me. Last year he was the spoil king, can't seem to spoil a thing anymore. Is either too close and gets involved in a wrestle and usually loses either by giving a free kick away or not being balanced, or he gives the forward too much room and doesn't have the acceleration to close that gap over a short 5-10m lead.

Reactions: 3 users
Is a worry for me. Last year he was the spoil king, can't seem to spoil a thing anymore. Is either too close and gets involved in a wrestle and usually loses either by giving a free kick away or not being balanced, or he gives the forward too much room and doesn't have the acceleration to close that gap over a short 5-10m lead.

It;s not an easy role ATM - there is a lot of ball coming in. But for all the reasons you outline, we need to upgrade him Posh.

We're starting on our heels understandably. They are running before the bell.
Our backs can't get set up and take great position.
Lets judge him when we are breaking even in the middle

Reactions: 2 users
His confidence is shot. The ball is coming in with no pressure on the ball kicker up the ground. When we win possession there is nothing to kick to up the ground. The blame is up the ground in my view.

Reactions: 5 users
You gotta feel for him. Playing in the Richmond backline has quickly become the toughest gig in football.

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder how much that shoulder injury early in the year affected him? Missed a lot of the preseason & it seems to be showing.
Just seems a little bit off on in all areas where he was last year & those small reductions are being exposed badly with the amount of football flying in there.

Reactions: 4 users
Young had a bit of a nightmare yesterday but then, so did most of our team. Not much you can do when the ball relentlessly rains down on you when you are relatively inexperienced and have next to no support coming your way from the mids

No doubt he would benefit from more midfield pressure , however been beaten in contests or “ no” contests way to often , looks to light in the contest imho, looked much better with a few more kegs on him , other thing is it may be his second AFL
Season but he ain’t 21, starting to look nothing more then a depth player

Last edited: