Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's not far off having a breakout performance.
There are a lot of things he's doing that are almosts & every game will be a learning tool.
Pretty excited to think where he'll be this time next season.

Reactions: 9 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I reckon in time can be the big bodied mid that has some pace & a beautiful kick that we have dying for

Reactions: 3 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
his team-mates need to get the ball in his hands more often. not sure why he's not doing kick ins.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Spook it was even better than that it happened right in front of me, Brown was 3 on 1 it could have even been 4 on 1 a normal defender would have spoilt straight down into the waiting Dee's hands whereas as Brown lept and did a reverse palm which would have found Rioli if not for drawing a free, it was special.
Another was his centering bullet pass to Nank who stuffed it up with that handball.
He did another sublimely weighted kick between a maze of defenders only for Lefau to go one handed instead of snaffling it.

Oh and that would be screamer

And I forgot, in a game where 90% of the time we were doing short handballs running ourselves into trouble was it not Brown who picked up the ball cleanly off half back under pressure and immediately executed a seemingly blind 30 metre lateral centering handball that hit Baker or Rioli, (one of the defenders anyway without them breaking stride). That was either incredibly lucky or the guy has a sixth sense o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Again hit 3-4 ridiculous kicks last night. Tracking very very well. Less than 10 games!!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Did he spend much time on Fritsch?
He was definitely matched up with him on occasions, but not sure how much.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Did he spend much time on Fritsch?
He was definitely matched up with him on occasions, but not sure how much.
Yeah was interesting he rotated between Fritsch, Van Rooyen and I think Turner from what I saw. Easier to pick when the Dee's were kicking to the City end as I'm in the Ponsford stand.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He’s gonna be a good player. Besides showing that class and poise, he’s slowing learning to play with more physicality and intent too. See big ups here if he stays injury free. Why did I say that…..whyyyyyy ?????

Reactions: 2 users