Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Pendlebury fined $2500 for exactly the same thing. 50% extra for Marlion. Crooks.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Exactly. Not many have ever questioned his tenacity but 1st kick of the game, a dribble kick straight to the opposition, is typical of his disposal these days. Was a better game though. If he gets suspended a game, can't afford to miss any more for the season as will otherwise have to play next year to reach his 100.
Never question his tenacity when the footy is in front of him. Different story with a sky ball. Maybe a better than average foot soldier but needs to play like it. Goes to pot post first option, pirouette in a 80+ GF team not withstanding.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Clearly did his job on Petracca who only got off the leash late.

In our best 6 tonight.

Badly needed to get on top of the oppositions best mid - Steele, Yeo, Heeney, Butters, Cripps, Rowell etc have all torched us and been BOG this year.

Good move.
Surprised at the negativity. Kept Petracca quiet. Loved the move to the middle and to tag. He won"t give up, runs all day and hard as a cats head. Smart by Yze.

Hopefully the start of more centre square action.

Reactions: 19 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Surprised at the negativity. Kept Petracca quiet. Loved the move to the middle and to tag. He won"t give up, runs all day and hard as a cats head. Smart by Yze.

Hopefully the start of more centre square action.
Disagree on the hard as a cats head part. Especially when under the ball, as others have mentioned.

Vlastuin is as hard as a cats head. That’s my reference for such players, not Marlion.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Whatever role he played last night is his role for the rest of the season.

Run the kids through the wings and start getting some aerobic strengthening in season then build up more in the pre season.

what is it 16 to go or something?

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Pendlebury fined $2500 for exactly the same thing. 50% extra for Marlion. Crooks.
A hit like that should be a week IMO. But it never has been, and too many starts do it so they wont want to start rubbing them all out.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Disagree on the hard as a cats head part. Especially when under the ball, as others have mentioned.

Vlastuin is as hard as a cats head. That’s my reference for such players, not Marlion.
Yeh, I've pointed that out before. he's pretty much hopeless in the air unless running and jumping from behind.

But he doesn't shy from ground level contact, it's just an aerial thing. He likes hitting the body hard. He did a very good job on Petracca for the most part (he couldn't get separation, (Pickett is quick and has great aerobic capacity) and they didn't blitz us in the middle. He might have just found a new role.

The cupboard is bare.

Reactions: 5 users

phanevski

Tiger Cub
Feb 11, 2017
Except that this was Picketts second striking offence this year compared to Pendlebury's first, so nah, not 50% more just because he is Pickett or from Richmond.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeh, I've pointed that out before. he's pretty much hopeless in the air unless running and jumping from behind.

But he doesn't shy from ground level contact, it's just an aerial thing. He likes hitting the body hard. He did a very good job on Petracca for the most part (he couldn't get separation, (Pickett is quick and has great aerobic capacity) and they didn't blitz us in the middle. He might have just found a new role.

The cupboard is bare.

Yeah I liked his role. His ball use has been poor of late, so its probably best for us twice over if we can limit the possessions that Marlion has, but use him in a better way that stifles the opposition. I think the best way to look at Petracca is he only had 8 kicks, which is where he generally does his damage, he only had 8 kicks (his lowest for the year), in fact if you look back over the last few years, in 2023 he has 2 games of 8 or under kicks out of 25 games, in 2022 he had 2 out of 24, and in 2021 when they won the premiership he had 0 games with 8 or below kicks out of 25 games.

So essentially the 3 years prior to this one, he'd played 74 games, and only had 8 or under kicks in 4 of them. That was a big win for us.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Petrecca was rated 15th after the Brisbane game after he was tagged.
But against Pickett he was still the 2nd best player on the ground.
So Pickett must've done a shittjobScreenshot_20240428_215147_Gallery.jpg