Welcome to Punt Road End | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Punt Road End

Hi Rosy and Co.
I've been reading PRE for years and enjoy it a lot.
I've joined the Rookie club this week but if the pre-season's injuries are anything to go by we wont have any rookies by the end of the season! Best of luck to the Tigers for 2007 and BIG hello to all posters on PRE.

firebird :)

Wow................Can't believe I found this Website on , of all things , YouTube while viewing any Footy clips I could find.

Firstly , HI to all my fellow "TIGE FANATICS"

Thanks to Rosy for allowing me to join in, and congrat's on what looks like a phenomenal place for "all-things-Richmond". (only found this about 12 hours ago and have been checkin' it out for about 8 of those)

Well , where do I start ???

Please bear with me as mine is a long and varied story as far as the TIGES go.

Should start by saying that I live just outside St Louis , Missouri (USA) on the Illinois side of the river (Mississippi , not the Yarra) in a Scum-Bag town called Granite City.(Yes , it's as bad as the Name suggests)

Moved over here in 1988 and as you can imagine , miss the Footy more than anything in the World.
Born and Breed in Geelong and played the "88 season with the OL' VFA team Geelong West(Their last year of exsistence in the VFA). Played my whole career with my local team , North Shore before that.

Been a DIEHARD Richmond Lad since 1960 , thanks to Dad , so needless to say, have been through the "Thick 'n Thin of our varied results for the past 47 years , the last 27 being the hardest to cope with ofcourse.

Times have become even tougher the last year though , due to the fact the Games are no longer available on regular Cable here. I believe a company by the name of Setanta now has the Broadcast Rights but you have to have a subsciption with a Satelite Co. to be able to get it. So much for "Promoting" the Game Internationally AFL , now nobody over here even knows it exists..........................Wont get started on that.............I'll end up smashin' something.

So therefore my only way of catching the Games is through the Internet radio from the AFL page , which up until last year was also a Pay-Per- Listen item.......................Talk about frustrating. Not worth signing up for when the chance of being AWAKE are about 1000/1, seeing as a lot of games don't start till Midnight or later. (Yesty's game started @ 2.10am..............Ughhhhh)

So , as you can tell , it's not easy being a Fan-From-a-Far , but I'll do whatever it takes to follow the Mighty "Yellaaa.... and Black"

Mind you , after my FIRST POST , I was "blamed" as maybe the responsible party as to our insipid 2nd Half seeing as I nodded off at H/T (it was4.30am)and therefore took the majority of the team with me----------- :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh

Oh well , early day's and let's hope for improvement starting with next weeks game against the Swannies.

Might take me a while to get use to this site , it's a little different to the one I'm on a lot over here , that being The San Diego Charger's (Pro Gridiron) who I'm a feral fan of also.
Just like the Tiges , the Charger's seem to be one of those teams that just loves to "Break your Heart" every year. Show a heap of potential and never quite get over the Hump , but we Luv 'em anyway...............Right !

I'll spend the next few day's checkin' out all the threads etc................and see if I can become a little more up-to-date with this Newer Generation of Football , after all, the day's of Roachy , The Flea , and General Lee have well and truely passed us bye.

Did get hold of some Gear earlier this year though , through a most unlikely source that I could NEVER of imagined. My Brother-in-Law did some "Specialized" coaching with the team at the beginning of the 2006 season and sent me all his Training gear Last Xmas................was Luvin' it , unfortunately guess he didn't help out much and I don't believe he was involved in this years Pre-season , or at least he hasn't mentioned it (Maybe because he copped a bit of S**t from some ol' Geelong teamates). I'll have to ask him on our next phone call.................

Anyone , I'm sure I've bored you all into a Coma.......................

Thanks again , I'm stoked that I've found this place and will no doubt be spending a lot of time in here.

Rosy , could be in contact occasionally asking for your help ...................Hope you don't mind !!!!

Keep up the Good work......................and lest we forget , "EAT 'EM ALIVE..........."

jackfrost said:
Rosy , could be in contact occasionally asking for your help ...................Hope you don't mind !!!!

You're more than welcome jack. Great to have you onboard. :)

Have you checked out the clips on the TigerTv page? We try to add one or a few highlights of each week's game. Happy browsing and getting to know the site and the posters, from all walks of life, with one common bond. Go the Mighty Tiges.

Hi PREnders.

Wow! after that great intro by Jack anything I have to say will sound like dribble so - in the words of another Jack: "I won't say anything in case I say something."

Hey guys! I am 11.11.77 Looooord Nelson!, and I am a long-time reader of this site (about 4 years). Finally decided to join up as I love to give my opinion on my beloved Tigers. I hope to meet all your acquaintances soon, and will make sure I do plenty of posting! Cheers!

~ Nelson

Growl said:
Hi PREnders.

Wow! after that great intro by Jack anything I have to say will sound like dribble so - in the words of another Jack: "I won't say anything in case I say something."

Welcome aboard

G'day all,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm male, 33 years old and have alway been a tiger. I always will be a tiger no matter what! I have been looking at this site for a couple of years now and thought it was about time I registered and had a say.

1eyedtiger

PS. I'm shocked that this user name wasn't already taken! :)

1eyedtiger said:
G'day all,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm male, 33 years old and have alway been a tiger. I always will be a tiger no matter what! I have been looking at this site for a couple of years now and thought it was about time I registered and had a say.

1eyedtiger

PS. I'm shocked that this user name wasn't already taken! :)

Welcome.

When I first registered I used the name One Id Richmond. I didn't post with it for a while and some reason it stopped working. Then I found out about the OER forum and there is a bit of history between OER and PRE. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but I did notice it is still on the users list so I presume it was disabled because it was assumed to be inactive.

Cool name, happy posting. :fing32

Welcome to PRE 1eyed. :) Glad you've decided to join in after a couple of years of window shopping. Happy posting.

RROFO said:
When I first registered I used the name One Id Richmond. I didn't post with it for a while and some reason it stopped working. Then I found out about the OER forum and there is a bit of history between OER and PRE. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but I did notice it is still on the users list so I presume it was disabled because it was assumed to be inactive.

More like none of the above and instead a case of user error. I just tested the One Id Richmond acct and had no trouble logging in with it.

rosy23 said:
RROFO said:

More like none of the above and instead a case of user error. I just tested the One Id Richmond acct and had no trouble logging in with it.

:hihi You mean I forgot my password? Never! :rofl

Good morning tigers, i would like to quickly intro myself before i get posting.

I am a loud and proud tiger army member, and look forward to seeing that elusive flag . . . .hopefully before i die!

I thought id better get on here and join in the fun as my missus is always on it and loves it.

Short but sweet.

Evolution

Welcome to PRE evolution. :) Happy posting, hope you don't have to fight the missus for a turn on the computer.

rosy23 said:
Welcome to PRE evolution. :) Happy posting, hope you don't have to fight the missus for a turn on the computer.

:cutelaugh thats me rosy!!! and i have the pleasure of having the net at work all day to voice my opinions, where as he is a trady and cant get to it till he gets home.