Want to buy - ADSL2+ modem | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Want to buy - ADSL2+ modem

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Hi everyone... my Netcomm modem recently died (again) so I need a replacement before my son murderises me for stopping him from playing online with his school friends.

Does anyone out there have an ADSL 2+ modem for sale at a reasonable price? I live in the inner South of Melbournetown.

Looking forward to the flood of generous offers... :spin

P.S. Only makes that are not Netcomm would be appreciated, cause Netcomm modems have shown themselves to be complete rubbish.

Missing33 said:
Agree Netcomm are sh!te.....what model was it btw?

I had a NB9 and it croaked after only 12 months.

Had an NBPlus4 that croaked after a year then
Netcomm replaced this one with another of the same model; it died after 10 months!
Next came a NB5, which I got for a good price and needed one quickly for work, which saw out the majority of 18 months.

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it...

Dunno what *smile* Smith stock in the way of ADSL2+ modems, but Thursday's that 10% everything for Richmond members sale thing (unfortunately no other discounts on modems are listed)...if you're anywhere near a *smile* Smith, might be worth a look.

skybeau said:
Dunno what *smile* Smith stock in the way of ADSL2+ modems, but Thursday's that 10% everything for Richmond members sale thing (unfortunately no other discounts on modems are listed)...if you're anywhere near a *smile* Smith, might be worth a look.

Thanks for the heads up skybeau, is very nice of you. :) Unfortunately *smile*'s prices are the same as most places, and as such, I will most likely end up on eBay... again. ::)