Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

And then halfway through the article about the free kick bias against us it deteriorates into a pile of gibbering about all the other clubs n technical analysis over which player gets what free kick for when and where.

Reactions: 1 users
Laura Kane defends bakers tackle that wasn’t given htb. Very selective media. Must not had to to review the others they missed. Interviewed by afl employee.
What did you expect her to say??
She was never going to bag the umpires.
They should show her that one and then the ones paid to Freo player's
Did she explain the No holding the balls? 3 times?
What was the reason for the free kick to Darcy??
Was the a hard bump by Mansell to be awarded down the ground?
The non stop holding by defenders on our forwards.

Reactions: 1 users
The only game we had an even go by the umpires was in th3 Sydney game.
And we won the game.
These 22-11 or 20-9 free kicks games are killing any chance of us staying competitive.
They are draining the players. They are scared to tackle, scared to play the game.
Something needs to happen

Reactions: 6 users
Laura Kane defends bakers tackle that wasn’t given htb. Very selective media. Must not had to to review the others they missed. Interviewed by afl employee.
So we learned something from that interview. Umpires have the ability to see the game in slow motion. Given that's the only way they could discern a handball it can be the only explanation.

Do they even understand what they're saying.

• Haha
Until the club stands up and calls out the bias it will continue. Where is the leadership?

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven’t heard anyone in the media or the afl explain how, week after week, year after year, our opposition nearly always seems to be on their best behaviour in regards to not giving free kicks away to us. Please, someone, anyone, tell us what the secret is so we can implement it ourselves. Do the players need to change jumpers, clubs?

Reactions: 4 users
What I don't understand is that Collingwood and Essendon are "being rewarded for their tackle pressure" but the reason for our free kick differential in the past was our tackle pressure ???
It probably explains why Ralph only looks at 21-23. If he included 17-20 his argument simply does not hold.

Reactions: 3 users
Until the club stands up and calls out the bias it will continue. Where is the leadership?
That question has been going around in my head for a while now......not just the overt umpiring bias but a number of other items.

Reactions: 1 user
Laura Kane is just another forked tongue, flip flopping, make it up on the run, excuse making, bs AFL executive. She's no different to Hocking and a bunch of others.

And you can throw Dillon into that mix as well.

Reactions: 11 users
This year, Shai Bolton has given away three 50m penalties,
Including one of the sofest non-stand 50s ever paid.
Yet after the Tigers gave away a soft holding-the-man free kick to Sean Darcy on the stroke of halftime, Thomson Dow simply dropped the ball
After he heard to siren and looked at the umpire who had his arms raised to signal the end of the quarter.
But yet when a Freo player tossed the ball to the boundary umpire after deliberate was given no 50 was paid, or when the Swan booted it into the crowd no 50 was paid.
And yes the free was soft. like many paid against Nank.

Reactions: 4 users
Laura Kane is just another forked tongue, flip flopping, make it up on the run, excuse making, bs AFL executive. She's no different to Hocking and a bunch of others.

And you can throw Dillon into that mix as well.
That's why they got the job!

They absolutely refused to pay us HTB yesterday particularly when it was Brayshaw or Serong. No wonder those guys can rack up so many possessions in the middle and hold onto it as long as they do, as they knew a free was never going to be paid against them. The umps were just waiting for us to send a 2nd man into the tackle, slip a little high so they could pay Freo the free instead.
Brayshaw and serong got tackled and didnt make any effort to dispose of the ball but its playin..Shai bolton gets it at tge cenrre bounce gets tackled and its a freo free...and it goes on and on and on,week after week

Reactions: 3 users
Laura found one free kick in our game that was controversial? That the crowd reacted to a little?
They've got no idea how pissed off Richmond supporters are.
Our membership numbers are down 10k & will continue to drop given the way our club is umpired compared to others.

Ralph’s article reads like a copy paste job from an AFL press release.

Brayshaw and serong got tackled and didnt make any effort to dispose of the ball but its playin..Shai bolton gets it at tge cenrre bounce gets tackled and its a freo free...and it goes on and on and on,week after week
Yep. That one against Bolton broke me. I really didn’t take that much notice of the rest of the game.

Reactions: 1 user
Of all the journos to have write an article we Tiger faithful have been waiting years to be published, Jon 'Wind Tunnel Between My Ears' Ralph would have been the absolute last on my list.

And my fears have been justified.

He has absolutely *smile* up the point, as only Jon can. And with it any sort of understanding from the rest of the league and opposition supporter bases.

Now it's primarily because of our lack of discipline. What a moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
"Essendon has been rewarded for tackles this year but Hawthorn have been pinged more often than any other side.
Essendon’s “Edge” has them +17 in holding-the-ball decisions, with the brilliant Zach Merrett (six free-kicks for) and Archie Perkins (five) leading the defensive charge."

This paragraph is beyond laughable, so Essendon "Edge", whatever the hell that is (finally putting some effort in?), gets rewarded but ours in 2017-2020 was just poor discipline. What a complete BS article this is from the AFL mouthpiece. Nothing to see here folks.

Reactions: 5 users
Of all the journos to have write an article we Tiger faithful have been waiting years to be published, Jon 'Wind Tunnel Between My Ears' Ralph would have been the absolute last on my list.

And my fears have been justified.

He has absolutely *smile* up the point, as only Jon can. And with it any sort of understanding from the rest of the league and opposition supporter bases.

Now it's primarily because of our lack of discipline. What a moron.
We really needed someone like Warner to write it. Bear in and down on the true subject matter i.e. the umpires simply dont like paying free kicks to Richmond, that they havent for years, that the numbers don't lie, and that the AFL nor anybody else has provided an explanation for it that passes muster, and that otherwise there is something very very fishy going on at AFL House.

From there, he can then make the association that an ex-Richmond employee (maybe...possibly... a disgruntled one ?) has been in charge of the umpires the last 4 years, and then he'll really have a story for every football follower and media dunce to bite their teeth into.

Somebody get on the phone or email to him.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users