Supercoach Bargain Players ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Supercoach Bargain Players ?

3 major prelims. 1 loss by 66 points, 1 by 8 points and 1 win.
schneider, chapman and cheney cost me.

Yep, 21 in for me as well, plus a particularly disappointing effort from Rance coming in for Newman. Thankfully both Lids and Hurn played very well.

In the finals of all three leagues, so there's a fair bit of pride on the line.

Won all three grand finals with a score of 2293 (incl a zero). Happy with that, I've always finished on top of my league then lost in the finals before, so it's nice to claim victory :D

Yep, I won one of the Punt Road End Supercoach Leagues (SkillzThatKillz).

I beat Tigers of Old in the grand final.

Already looking forward to the comp next year.

Won one off here too, oh yeah

This one...

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=35166.0

Won my work one too ;D

Lost to Braddles in the final of another one - no disgrace there. Well done Braddles :clap

Also won 3/3 DT ;D

nice work Braddles !
I finished ranked 33,445. I won the minor premiership in one league, lost the other by about 50 points.
I did win my SuperTipping league though. I was one point down, tipped 5 this week and leader only got 3, so I pipped him on the line.

update: Braddles you finished equal 20th with Fiona :hihi

Yeah well done Braddles, i managed my best year finishing 1,906th. Only had 3 rounds this year where i didnt score over 2000 points for the week, compared to about half a dozen last year. Gee it really comes down to the origional team you pick, makes all the diff between avging around 2150 and 2300 a week and having trades left at the end of the year.

mtench said:
Yeah well done Braddles, i managed my best year finishing 1,906th. Only had 3 rounds this year where i didnt score over 2000 points for the week, compared to about half a dozen last year. Gee it really comes down to the origional team you pick, makes all the diff between avging around 2150 and 2300 a week and having trades left at the end of the year.

Cheers mate. Anywhere in the top few thousand's a good result :fing32

Yeah, your start up team is crucial, though I'm still regretting having N.G. Brown and Daniel Wells in originally, cost me big time...

Those in my original 30 who didn't make the grade for whatever reason were:

- Houlihan, Mundy, C. Cornes, Raines, Hill, (Petrenko)
- Wells, Rich, (Otten)
- Cox
- Higgins, Skipworth, N. Brown, Hentcshel, (Walker, M. Brown)

Replaced by:

- Hurn, Newman, Gilbert, Hodge, (Rance, Post)
- Goodes, Cross, (Muston)
- Clark
- N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, (Wright)

All season keepers were:

- Goddard, Fisher, (Broughton, elevated to starting 22)
- Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood, Judd, (Anthony)
- McIntosh
- Deledio, Chapman, Krakouer (demoted to the bench by season's end).

Great season overall. Now the planning starts in earnest for next year. Time for a crack at the title ;D.

Braddles said:
Cheers mate. Anywhere in the top few thousand's a good result :fing32

Yeah, your start up team is crucial, though I'm still regretting having N.G. Brown and Daniel Wells in originally, cost me big time...

Those in my original 30 who didn't make the grade for whatever reason were:

- Houlihan, Mundy, C. Cornes, Raines, Hill, (Petrenko)
- Wells, Rich, (Otten)
- Cox
- Higgins, Skipworth, N. Brown, Hentcshel, (Walker, M. Brown)

Replaced by:

- Hurn, Newman, Gilbert, Hodge, (Rance, Post)
- Goodes, Cross, (Muston)
- Clark
- N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, (Wright)

All season keepers were:

- Goddard, Fisher, (Broughton, elevated to starting 22)
- Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood, Judd, (Anthony)
- McIntosh
- Deledio, Chapman, Krakouer (demoted to the bench by season's end).

Great season overall. Now the planning starts in earnest for next year. Time for a crack at the title ;D.

Outstanding effort. Your pulling my leg with the planning comment right?

SCOOP said:
Outstanding effort. Your pulling my leg with the planning comment right?

Not entirely. I generally tend to go through the rankings to see which players haven't performed as well as they usually do this year. Then work out a rough value for them and drag that sheet out when the game opens.

Also look at guys who were injured and missed big chunks of the year, or who didn't play at all (David Hille, Brad Ottens and Robbie Warnock spring to mind). Those who cop injuries generally get a percentage taken off their starting price as worked out from their average, and a bloke like Warnock will probably start at the same price as a rookie given he didn't play at all.

Will probably spend a couple of hours doing this, so it's not exactly 'in earnest', but it's worth doing to jog your memory at the start of the season.

The other thing I suggest everyone does is completely ignore second year players when putting their team together. They rarely improve significantly on their first year output, and thus represent poor value. Just pretend they're not there.