Round 5 VFL - Richmond v Casey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 VFL - Richmond v Casey

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
First half compliment you have said all day, you need to balance the negative with more positives of which there are plenty with this side.
Really. Just counted (for the whole game as it gives a fuller picture):
Pg. 1 - self-deprecating, nothing negative about the team
Pg. 3 - 1 negative on team
- 1 positive re El Nour
- 1 critical of our recruiters, not team
- yes, critical (realistic?) re Kosi, but the context is I was one of the very few who stuck up from him after his 2nd last AFL game
- one factual: we were going well for half a Qrt, then Casey bridged the gap over 2nd half of (until us getting on top in last, to my pleasant surprise)
Pg. 4 - zilch
Pg.5 - positive about May as u quoted
- 1 very positive re team and coach ... and Kosi
- 1 purely factual

So, by my count, 2 critical and 3 positive, 2 factual re the VFL team. Maybe you can't count that well.

But I strongly believe progress, change, improvement and ultimately success comes from critical evaluation, not sitting around in a circle, holding hands and singing Kumbaya. But sure, I have a critical acumen - maybe a little glass half-empty, but I didn't actually know Casey had twice the number of AFL listed players as us until the end of the game. I happened to miss the start of the game and Q4.

Certainly tried to give full credit to Morro and the team at the end. Frankly your post above is also simply incorrect in the bigger picture.
Cheers.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Joel Nathan and Will Bravo both out with ACLs.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users