Richmond v Carlton Friday 14/10/22 @ 6.30pm at IKON Park | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Carlton Friday 14/10/22 @ 6.30pm at IKON Park

Great endeavour by the girls. Always good to beat Carlton.

Reactions: 3 users
Just saw jbdumb03 in the cheer squad. (Looks good with those Tiger ears.)
It was a very enjoyable evening spent with a couple of PRE's finest, plus Mr B and Tooheys were there too. Suggest people get along if they can although going to be tough next week.

Seemed we were able to reduce the Carlton ruck's influence after quarter time. Conti and Wakefield were stars. Good to see Balmey and Mike Sheahan watching together. All players were great post game .

• Haha
10 games is too short. Now with 18 teams, they should do a full 17 rounds.

Reactions: 1 user
Swampthing said winning from 26 down is the equal biggest comeback in AFLW history

Reactions: 4 users
It was a very enjoyable evening spent with a couple of PRE's finest, plus Mr B and Tooheys were there too. Suggest people get along if they can although going to be tough next week.

Seemed we were able to reduce the Carlton ruck's influence after quarter time. Conti and Wakefield were stars. Good to see Balmey and Mike Sheahan watching together. All players were great post game .
Been to a fair few games this year (missed tomnight unfortunately), very enjoyable to watch.
Don't think i'll make it to Mildura next week for our home game (?) against GWS, but will be great to get to Arden Street the week after.
Then Finals!

Really impressed with the improvement this year, won as many games as past two years combined. And should have been 7 in a row except for dodgy umpiring down at geelong

The umps were pathetic, we still made a few poor decisions, some basic skill errors still being made....but geez, 6 in a row, finals locked in, possibly a top 4 finish,......it’s all now starting to get a bit serious. GO TIGES!!

I will say this tho...if the AFL want this comp to be a true spectacle, they need to do something about the umpiring.
Holding the ball, around the neck, push in the back, throwing, holding, sling tackle..all in the space of one piece of play..Umps reaction ..whistle..”Ball up”....or , “Play on”...Seriously, pay the *smiling* free kick... yes, it would initially see a massive amount of frees per game, but in the big picture, it would educate the girls , make them more accountable, force them to be adopting a better decision making process, and and eventually achieve a higher standard.......at the moment, they can almost do what they want and get away with it, hence the standards will be held back

Reactions: 1 users
The umps were pathetic, we still made a few poor decisions, some basic skill errors still being made....but geez, 6 in a row, finals locked in, possibly a top 4 finish,......it’s all now starting to get a bit serious. GO TIGES!!

I will say this tho...if the AFL want this comp to be a true spectacle, they need to do something about the umpiring.
Holding the ball, around the neck, push in the back, throwing, holding, sling tackle..all in the space of one piece of play..Umps reaction ..whistle..”Ball up”....or , “Play on”...Seriously, pay the *smiling* free kick... yes, it would initially see a massive amount of frees per game, but in the big picture, it would educate the girls , make them more accountable, force them to be adopting a better decision making process, and and eventually achieve a higher standard.......at the moment, they can almost do what they want and get away with it, hence the standards will be held back

While I agree, the same can be said for the umpiring of the Men's game - so many pushes in the back, holding the player while not in possession not paid it is ludicrous. A recipe for inconsistency when you only pay some of the frees some of the time. Just woeful.

I watched the first 5 minutes of Brisbane v Adelaide, wow, their skill levels are well beyond ours. Mind you, we did beat Brisbane and really should have beaten Adelaide if only we could control the game a bit better when they surged in the last.

What I hope for this year is a win in the finals. We need a few better players and a lot of work on skills, but the improvement this year has been huge. Carlton got hold of us in the first and their run was hard to stop, but stopping a team which was dominating is a huge step forward. You could see Carlton were able to occasionally get that run again after quarter time, but most of the time they couldn't. We had enough pressure on them so disposal was not so easy, the set up behind the ball improved a lot and we turned it into more of a contest which suits our team.

DS

Having watched the Tiges since day 1 , the improvement is astronomical, in fact the improvement in this season alone has been huge , their game is starting to look more like “AFL” then bush magoos .

Each of our players I have spoke with have been incredibly impressive in the way they sell the product and show appreciation for being a Tiger , they definitely have something special happening at Punt rd …..they are all Richmond people

Reactions: 9 users
Umps were average.

I'm glad they spotted the Carlton player grabbing Sheerin by the hair in the play before our last goal....

very poor form that by the Blue

Reactions: 5 users
How bad was the camera work on that last goal?

Still haven’t seen it kicked. Cuts back to the free kick and then cuts back to Brennan with arms raised.

Probably wasn’t the smart play to play on with a minute left. Should have run down 30 seconds lining up for goal and then slotted it with defence set up. If she misses the snap all set up for a quick transition. Hopefully they discuss that during the week.

Brisbane lost to us with same play where easy shot got smothered.

Reactions: 2 users
Having watched the Tiges since day 1 , the improvement is astronomical, in fact the improvement in this season alone has been huge , their game is starting to look more like “AFL” then bush magoos .

Each of our players I have spoke with have been incredibly impressive in the way they sell the product and show appreciation for being a Tiger , they definitely have something special happening at Punt rd …..they are all Richmond people
Katie Brennan speaking after the game about the team and the game and the club sounded like Cotch.
They all sound like they’re buying into the Richmond culture, and seeing the results on the scoreboard of their hard work must give them a lot of belief.
Can’t wait to see how they go in November!

Reactions: 1 user
How bad was the camera work on that last goal?

Still haven’t seen it kicked. Cuts back to the free kick and then cuts back to Brennan with arms raised.

Probably wasn’t the smart play to play on with a minute left. Should have run down 30 seconds lining up for goal and then slotted it with defence set up. If she misses the snap all set up for a quick transition. Hopefully they discuss that during the week.

Brisbane lost to us with same play where easy shot got smothered.
What about when Yassir when she kicked the winner a few weeks ago. The only footage looked like it was taken from a first generation Nokia