Richmond Brownlow votes?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Brownlow votes??

I'll go

Tambling - his very good games came in a few wins for us.
Lids - he was our best but probably miss votes in those games as we were very poor as a team for most of them.
Cousins - could be our top voter - as umpires notice him.

Cousins will get a few. Don't know about anyone else.

Maybe a few of our players could get votes for other teams. Our players were some of the best players for the opposition some weeks by continually kicking it to them, or running into tackles, or running around in circles until tackled, or, well you know what I mean.

Ha! I would have given Pav 3 votes for that line he gave to his players before the game. "Put your superman capes on guys it's wharfie time!" Pure gold ;D

TIGEREXTRA said:
Richmond players should not even be going tonight after such a season!

Are we even there? Is our table in the back corner again? Haven't seen a Tiger on camera...

TigerMasochist said:
Cuz, Lids n Bling may get a handfull of votes. Club total will be down the arse of the tally board again. We'll probably get less votes collectively than the winner.

After Round 11, we are one in front of the leader.

More confirmation of Lid's fine first half of the year.

He might yet become a star of the competition but he ain't ever going to win a Brownlow. He must be invisible to umpires.

Agree with the dismal first half, but Lids has another problem. He doesn't stand out enough even when he's playing really well. I'm not sure what it is but he isn't instantly recognisable as some players.

Maybe he should shave his head or grow a Mohawk. Dunno what it is and it's a shame.

Baloo said:
Maybe he should shave his head or grow a Mohawk. Dunno what it is and it's a shame.

Time for this 'do again.
brett+deledio_26+july.jpg

Lids wont get votes cos he plays for a rabble, which doesnt allow for Brett to stand out as he cuts throught the field.

If Brett was playing for any of the top top 4-5 sides he'd poll a great deal better.

Ya gotta be in a successful side to win a Brownlow or an absolute stand out of the highest echelon ie Lockett during the dark days at STK.

craig said:
Ya gotta be in a successful side to win a Brownlow or an absolute stand out of the highest echelon ie Lockett during the dark days at STK.

To win it yes but you'd think he'd at least poll at least relatively well given he's a standout at Richmond.

In saying that I do think that it's changed over the years that now winning teams receive the bulk of the votes awarded.