Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Israel-US game plan for Gaza is staring us in the face​

30 April 2024
The western media is pretending the West’s efforts to secure a ceasefire are serious. But a different script has clearly been written in advance
Screenshot-2024-04-30-at-12.01.02.jpg

One does not need to be a fortune-teller to understand that the Israel-US game plan for Gaza runs something like this:
1. In public, Biden appears “tough” on Netanyahu, urging him not to “invade” Rafah and pressuring him to allow more “humanitarian aid” into Gaza.​
2. But already the White House is preparing the ground to subvert its own messaging. It insists that Israel has offered an “extraordinarily generous” deal to Hamas – one that, Washington suggests, amounts to a ceasefire. It doesn’t. According to reports, the best Israel has offered is an undefined “period of sustained calm”. Even that promise can’t be trusted.​
3. If Hamas accepts the “deal” and agrees to return some of the hostages, the bombing eases for a short while but the famine intensifies, justified by Israel’s determination for “total victory” against Hamas – something that is impossible to achieve. This will simply delay, for a matter of days or weeks, Israel’s move to step 5 below.​
4. If, as seems more likely, Hamas rejects the “deal”, it will be painted as the intransigent party and blamed for seeking to continue the “war”. (Note: This was never a war. Only the West pretends either that you can be at war with a territory you’ve been occupying for decades, or that Hamas “started the war” with its October 7 attack when Israel has been blockading the enclave, creating despair and incremental malnutrition there, for 17 years.)​
Last night US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken moved this script on by stating Hamas was “the only thing standing between the people of Gaza and a ceasefire… They have to decide and they have to decide quickly”.​
5. The US will announce that Israel has devised a humanitarian plan that satisfies the conditions Biden laid down for an attack on Rafah to begin.​
6. This will give the US, Europe and the region the pretext to stand back as Israel launches the long-awaited assault – an attack Biden has previously asserted would be a “red line”, leading to mass civilian casualties. All that will be forgotten.​
7. As Middle East Eye reports, Israel is building a ring of checkpoints around Rafah. Netanyahu will suggest, falsely, that these guarantee its attack meets the conditions laid down in international humanitarian law. Women and children will be allowed out – if they can reach a checkpoint before Israel’s carpet bombing kills them along the way.​
8. All men in Rafah, and any women and children who remain, will be treated as armed combatants. If they are not killed by the bombing or falling rubble, they will be either summarily executed or dragged off to Israel’s torture chambers. No one will mention that any Hamas fighters who were in Rafah were able to leave through the tunnels.​
9. Rafah will be destroyed, leaving the entire strip in ruins, and the Israeli-induced famine will worsen. The West will throw up its hands, say Hamas brought this on Gaza, agonise over what to do, and press third countries – especially Arab countries – for a “humanitarian plan” that relocates the survivors out of Gaza.​
10. The western media will continue describing Israel’s genocide in Gaza in purely humanitarian terms, as though this “disaster” was an act of God.​
11. Under US pressure, the International Court of Justice, or World Court, will be in no hurry to issue a definitive ruling on whether South Africa’s case that Israel is committing a genocide – which it has already found “plausible” – is proved.​
12. Whatever the World Court eventually decides, and it is almost impossible to imagine it won’t determine that Israel carried out a genocide, it will be too late. The western political and media class will have moved on, leaving it to the historians to decide what it all meant.​
13. Meanwhile, Israel is already using the precedents it has created in Gaza, and its erosion of the long-established principles of international law, as the blueprint for the West Bank. Saying Hamas has not been completely routed in Gaza but is using this other Palestinian enclave as its base, Israel will gradually intensify the pressures on the West Bank with another blockade. Rinse and repeat.​
That’s the likely plan. Our job is to do everything in our power to stop them making it a reality.

Yep, it's Israel which is aiming to take over the remaining small part of what was once Palestine all for themselves, in line with the ruling party's policy.

DS
Big copy and paste.
Quick reply.
Well make sure the ruling party terrorist members and others don’t jump the fence and start murdering 1200 innocent men, women and children. And kidnapping hundreds of others.

Yeah, because classes are held on the South Lawn are they :rolleyes:

No disruptions to classes going on there and the university appears to be calmly letting the students make their point. I can't see a problem.

DS
WHAT HAS BEEN THE IMPACT ON REGULAR CAMPUS LIFE?

Columbia has at times had to switch to all-virtual classes.

The University of Southern California called off its main-stage graduation ceremony after canceling the valedictorian speech by a Muslim student and dozens of arrests after police cleared a pro-Palestinian encampment.

California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt, canceled in-person classes after students barricaded themselves in an administrative building.

The University of Michigan said it would allow free expression and peaceful protest at its early May graduation ceremonies but would stop "substantial disruption.

Those “peaceful” pro Palestinians should be made to pay for all the damage they did to the university.
As this young lady tells how she has been personally targeted with pro Hamas emails and all the rest for the usual cowards who can only target innocent civilians.

So far these pro Palestinian protesters have bobbed up at 32 university colleges. Hard to believe that they don’t have any anti semitic feelings. Anyone who says they all don't, must be a Hamas operative, a Hamas supporter or just a naive *smile*.

But no doubt all the pro Palestinian apologists will make a case that it’s all Israel’s fault. *smile* wits that they are
Are the Israeli sympathisers racist against Arabs?

Can’t have it both ways

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, he’s back, you can’t help yourself. :giggle:
Maybe you can post what you’re referring to , instead of just quoting my post to ask a question.
Or do you expect me to do your research for you?

I was replying to David’s post about university faculty members and their comments regarding anti semitism.
The clips I posted were to show there were anti semitic comments and actions against Jewish students
Can’t have it both ways

Well how about you show some examples, rather than ask me and expect me to answer what you haven’t got.
If you want to partake, do some of your own work. Where’s the examples you’re referring to?
Is it an individuals comment or an organised group?

Last edited:

Can’t have it both ways
Now don’t deflect and change the subject like you pro Palestinians do when you’re shown up and can’t offer a reply.
Change the subject, deflect, blame Israel, blame what’s happened for the last 100 years on Israel, colonialists, Netanyahu, rwnjs.

But make sure you don’t answer what you don’t like to admit to.

But to answer your question, because I‘m polite and not a coward. By “sympathisers” are you referring to university students? Which I was, so I’ll answer in that vein.

I don’t profess to know what is in other peoples heads, without having any context. Which you haven’t given. Just the usual generalisation.
But at a guess and it only being my gutfelt opinion. I’d say maybe some are, at the same ratio of Pro Palestinians being supporters of Hamas.
I‘d say the majority are not against Arabs. Are other Arabs protesting for Palestinians?

Palestinians? they could be, they might not be. Depends if they’re protesting peacefully or not. Or restricting or stopping Jewish students of intimidating them. Or causing destruction of property.

Willo, you don't pretend to know what is in other peoples' heads but claim those who support Palestinian self-determination are pro-Hamas?

Yeah, you don't presume to know what other people are thinking, until you do when it is convenient.

Unlike you, neither myself nor Sin have claimed that Zionists all see Palestinians as sub-human, we only quote those who say so. We also don't go around claiming anyone who is not a rusted on supporter of Israel wants to see Israel wiped off the map, but we do quote those Zionists who clearly state they want all Palestinians to leave "Greater Israel" and, like the PM, run around with maps which show what they really want. We also point to actions, such as bombing the crap out of Gaza making it uninhabitable and encouraging settlers to take over as much of the West Bank as they can get away with until they can get away with more.

Israel's actions speak volumes.

As for your comments on the Melbourne Uni protests, you have clearly never been there, the South Lawn blocks nothing, there is not 1 entrance to a building abutting the South Lawn, you have no idea.

DS

PS: I stated months ago that the Palestinian groups need to be aware if anti-semitism arises amongst those who support them, do you condemn the words of Israeli cabinet ministers who claim Palestinians are sub-human, or those who state that Palestinians do not exist? Do you condemn Netanyahu for taking that map to the UN which implies that all Palestinians should leave their land?

Israel arrests anyone they like, usually with an unsubstantiated claim they are somehow a terrorist (where's that evidence against UNRWA again, oh not forthcoming, how surprising) and here we see that in action:

War on Gaza: Prominent Palestinian doctor tortured and killed in Israeli detention​

Adnan al-Bursh was arrested by Israeli forces in December of last year (X)

By MEE staff

Published date: 2 May 2024 18:41 BST | Last update: 17 hours 54 mins ago

Adnan al-Bursh, a Palestinian surgeon and professor of orthopaedic medicine, was killed by torture while in Israeli detention, according to a statement from the Palestinian Prisoners' Society.

In what has been termed a "deliberate assassination", Bursh, 50, died in the Israel-controlled Ofer prison in the occupied West Bank on 19 April, according to the Palestinian Civil Affairs Committee, and his body remains withheld.

Another detainee, Ismail Abdul Bari Khader, 33, also died in custody, according to the joint statement, and his body was handed over on 2 May along with 64 other prisoners.

“The two victims died of torture and crimes committed against Gazan detainees,” the statement said.

Bursh was the head of orthopaedic medicine at al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City and had been arrested in December, around the same time that he had reportedly been wounded by Israeli bombardment at the Indonesian hospital in northern Gaza.

Until his arrest, Bursh regularly travelled around to different hospitals in the Gaza Strip to tend to patients, and at the time of his arrest, he was working at al-Awda hospital. Several medical staff and patients were also arrested alongside Bursh.

Francesca Albanese, the United Nations special rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian Territories, said today that she was "extremely alarmed" at the death of the prominent doctor.

"I urge the diplomatic community to intervene with concrete measures to protect Palestinians. No Palestinian is safe under Israel's occupation today," she wrote in a statement on X.

Medical groups, including the World Health Organisation, have repeatedly demanded that attacks on Gaza's healthcare workers stop, with more than 200 killed so far in the Gaza conflict, according to one estimate.

The Palestinian health ministry said in a statement that Bursh’s death raised to 496 the number of medical sector workers who had been killed by Israel since 7 October when the war broke out. It added that 1,500 others had been wounded while 309 had been arrested.

The war in Gaza began on 7 October, when Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups launched a surprise attack on southern Israel, killing 1,140 people and taking around 240 people hostage. Israel responded to the attacks with a declaration of war, launching a siege on Gaza and a devastating aerial bombing campaign that was followed by a ground invasion.

Israel's war on the enclave has killed more than 34,500 Palestinians, most of whom are women and children, levelled entire residential neighbourhoods, and targeted other civilian infrastructure including schools, hospitals, and mosques.

Unprecedented​

At the end of six months of renewable administrative detention in April, Israel released dozens of Palestinian prisoners from several jails - people who had been arrested in the wake of the start of the war on Gaza on 7 October.

The evidence of mistreatment shown by the prisoners is indicative of what rights groups have warned is an unprecedented level of abuse taking place in Israel's jails, Middle East Eye reported late last month.

Palestinian prisoner groups say the Israeli army has arrested more than 8,000 Palestinians from the West Bank alone since 7 October, including 280 women and at least 540 children.

Rights groups have documented widespread mistreatment, with the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) last week releasing a report detailing - among other abuses - detainees being urinated on and made to act like animals, and children being attacked by dogs.

There has been a complete blackout on the treatment of Palestinian prisoners, with rights groups relying on the testimonies of those released to document the abuse carried out against them.

The testimonies of Palestinian prisoners have horrified their families and the families of those with relatives still in jail.

At least 18 Palestinian prisoners are now thought to have died since 7 October.

They destroy the hospitals and kill the doctors, this is the reality of what the IDF are doing.

DS

Hello, he’s back, you can’t help yourself. :giggle:
Maybe you can post what you’re referring to , instead of just quoting my post to ask a question.
Or do you expect me to do your research for you?

I was replying to David’s post about university faculty members and their comments regarding anti semitism.
The clips I posted were to show there were anti semitic comments and actions against Jewish students

Well how about you show some examples, rather than ask me and expect me to answer what you haven’t got.
If you want to partake, do some of your own work. Where’s the examples you’re referring to?
Is it an individuals comment or an organised group?
It’s be pretty simple Willo. If Palestinian supporters are terrorist sympathisers and anti semites then Israeli supporters can equally be labelled racist against Arabs

All of it is crap of course but I am simply following your flawed logic.

Bye

It’s be pretty simple Willo. If Palestinian supporters are terrorist sympathisers and anti semites then Israeli supporters can equally be labelled racist against Arabs
No, obviously you don’t know what you are talking about, or what I was replying to.
All of it is crap of course but I am simply following your flawed logic.
No, once again you went off on a tangent.
I was replying to David’s post about University faculty saying there were no anti semitic comments or actions against Jewish students.
I showed clips to show there were.

I don’t what you were trying to compare. Apples to almonds.

My “flawed logic” must have really done a number on your consciousness :giggle: Now you’re imagining posts and comments I haven’t done.
Again? See you soon

No, obviously you don’t know what you are talking about, or what I was replying to.

No, once again you went off on a tangent.
I was replying to David’s post about University faculty saying there were no anti semitic comments or actions against Jewish students.
I showed clips to show there were.

I don’t what you were trying to compare. Apples to almonds.

My “flawed logic” must have really done a number on your consciousness :giggle: Now you’re imagining posts and comments I haven’t done.

Again? See you soon
You not even being a very good *smile* Willo, but you are giving a good try.

You not even being a very good *smile* Willo, but you are giving a good try.
So no reply then. Ok I understand you might have been a tad confused and just shot from the hip. ….and hit nothing.
Obviously because you didn’t actually read what my response was for.

Yeah well, pats on the back to me for trying eh?

Willo, you don't pretend to know what is in other peoples' heads but claim those who support Palestinian self-determination are pro-Hamas?

Yeah, you don't presume to know what other people are thinking, until you do when it is convenient.

Unlike you, neither myself nor Sin have claimed that Zionists all see Palestinians as sub-human, we only quote those who say so. We also don't go around claiming anyone who is not a rusted on supporter of Israel wants to see Israel wiped off the map, but we do quote those Zionists who clearly state they want all Palestinians to leave "Greater Israel" and, like the PM, run around with maps which show what they really want. We also point to actions, such as bombing the crap out of Gaza making it uninhabitable and encouraging settlers to take over as much of the West Bank as they can get away with until they can get away with more.

As for your comments on the Melbourne Uni protests, you have clearly never been there, the South Lawn blocks nothing, there is not 1 entrance to a building abutting the South Lawn, you have no idea.

DS

PS: I stated months ago that the Palestinian groups need to be aware if anti-semitism arises amongst those who support them, do you condemn the words of Israeli cabinet ministers who claim Palestinians are sub-human, or those who state that Palestinians do not exist? Do you condemn Netanyahu for taking that map to the UN which implies that all Palestinians should leave their land?
labelling people as anti semites and terrorist sympathisers is a convenient diversion.
My issue is that those are ugly labels and say a lot about those who throw them around. It’s what Dutton does as well.

Reactions: 1 users
What a number of holocaust survivors think about the genocide in gaza, zionism and the uni protests.

Where have I claimed that? I think you are confused or telling flat out lies David.
Show me a post where I’ve claimed those who support Palestinian self -determination are pro Hamas. No doubt some are, that’s obvious by what they say. Not what I think is in their heads.
But go on show me a post where I’ve claimed what you said.
Mate, don’t tell lies, stick to the truth . If you have no comeback don’t tell lies about me.
Oh yeah, like when? Put up or shut up
Unlike you, neither myself nor Sin have claimed that Zionists all see Palestinians as sub-human,
What the *smile* are you talking about? Show me where I’ve said that. Bet you can’t. Stop telling lies!
we only quote those who say so.
Again, are you drunk?
We also don't go around claiming anyone who is not a rusted on supporter of Israel wants to see Israel wiped off the map, but we do quote those Zionists who clearly state they want all Palestinians to leave "Greater Israel"
What? Talk some sense.
Well good for you. Funny, I’ve never seen those quotes from you or Sin.
Not like any of those Palestinians and pro Palestinians supporters who want a return to 1948, 1967 borders, or like Hamas the total destruction and eradication of Israel and the Jews living there . Is that what you mean. I think you’ve confused yourself or are just drunk.
Student of history :giggle:
and, like the PM, run around with maps which show what they really want.
Like hamas, like Iran. Ohhh they just want everyone to live as brothers and in pieces, er peace
We also point to actions, such as bombing the crap out of Gaza making it uninhabitable
You’ve pointed *smile* all out. Everyone can see for themselves, you (both) have shown nothing that people haven’t seen with their own eyes.
to take over as much of the West Bank as they can get away with until they can get away with more.
Well that’s the price you pay when terrorists entities butcher, torture, maim and rape innocent civilans..
Blame hamas for doing that and bringing war to the Palestinians.
They’ve had enpugh practice over the years. Kill, maim, torture, rape. Then provoke a retaliation and go and bleat about being the victims
Of course. Hamas knew the price that would be paid when they planned to butcher, maim and rape innocent civilians.
Its all gone to plan for them
No I haven’t. Sober up. It wasn’t Melbourne Uni campus we were talking about.
It was Colombia University and other uni‘s in the US.
You even posted the first clip of it . Here’s your post on it #2,449

Geezus too funny mate
The only person who mentioned anything about Melbourne Uni was Sin, when I asked “in Australia?”
You really need to give it a rest for a while, you’re all over the place.

DS

PS: I stated months ago that the Palestinian groups need to be aware if anti-semitism arises amongst those who support them, do you condemn the words of Israeli cabinet ministers who claim Palestinians are sub-human,
oh previously you accused me of supporting that statement. Which I never have.
And no I don’t
or those who state that Palestinians do not exist?
What? Dumb question
Do you condemn Netanyahu for taking that map to the UN which implies that all Palestinians should leave their land?
He can do whatever he likes. Carrying a map doesn’t mean anything.
If he carried a map of the 1947 Partition Plan with him, do you think that meant he was going to revert to that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
labelling people as anti semites and terrorist sympathisers is a convenient diversion.
Have you two shared a bottle or six?
I didn’t bring anything up about anti semites. I replied to a clip and quote from David about anti semite from faculty members of Columbia University. Read his post here #2,449 you might begin to get some context.
“terrorist sympathisers?” What context are you referring to?
My issue is that those are ugly labels and say a lot about those who throw them around. It’s what Dutton does as well.
Who are you referring to with that comment?

Care to answer or will you do the usual and make an open comment without backing it up?
Gee who does that remind me of…target then run off.

Actually, how many times have you left this thread? I’ve lost count now. If you keep popping in, can you at least keep some semblance of the conversation when you start making accusations or mis quoting.

Last edited:
Hmm, no answers as usual, just a lot of drivel.

I'll ask you again Willo:

Do you condemn the words of Israeli cabinet ministers who claim Palestinians are sub-human?

Do you condemn Netanyahu for taking a map to the UN which clearly shows a desire to ethnically cleanse Gaza and the West Bank of Palestinians?

DS

Have you two shared a bottle or six?
I didn’t bring anything up about anti semites. I replied to a clip and quote from David about anti semite from faculty members of Columbia University. Read his post here #2,449 you might begin to get some context.
“terrorist sympathisers?” What context are you referring to?

Who are you referring to with that comment?

Care to answer or will you do the usual and make an open comment without backing it up?
Gee who does that remind me of…target then run off.

Actually, how many times have you left this thread? I’ve lost count now. If you keep popping in, can you at least keep some semblance of the conversation when you start making accusations or mis quoting.
If you believe I was talking about you then so be it but it was a general comment because there are many who make them. It refers to all people who throw around these comments, including the leader of the opposition as I mentioned, some leaders of Jewish groups in Australia and many others. All diversions and all wrong. Their arguments are quite often based on a comment or action of a few and then used to label all, which is a typical tactic used to create a false narrative.

If the caps fits then wear it but don’t overstate your importance by thinking everything is about you.

I have never left this thread, I’ve taken a break a couple of times. I have stopped replying to you a few times to bring an end to a particular conversation but never left.

Last edited:
So no reply then. Ok I understand you might have been a tad confused and just shot from the hip. ….and hit nothing.
Obviously because you didn’t actually read what my response was for.

Yeah well, pats on the back to me for trying eh?
I replied, there was no question there just a post of you trying to be sarcastic and nasty.
So I gave it the reply it deserved

If you believe I was talking about you then so be it but it was a general comment because there are many who make them. It refers to all people who throw around these comments, including the leader of the opposition as I mentioned, some leaders of Jewish groups in Australia and many others. All diversions and all wrong.
Oh of course it was. Have some balls and own it.
Their arguments are quite often based on a comment or action of a few and then used to label all, which is a typical tactic used to create a false narrative.
A false narrative.
You mean like when you and David make up lies when you say I said something I didn’t. And keep continuing on with it.
Just make sure you check what I said next time. I know you both can get confused, muddled up then start imagining things that I’ve said.
Just ensure you have the correct facts and don’t make things up to suit yourselves at my expense. Because I’ll keep calling you both out for telling lies.
Its ok to make a mistake but to deliberately try to make out I said something I didn’t, is not only disingenuous and a misrepresentation but fraudulent.
If you want to have a go at something I post, fine. But don’t start bull shitting to try to put me down.

If the caps fits then wear it but don’t overstate your importance by thinking everything is about you.
Hardly, but why post it if it wasn’t.
Dutton and others don’t read your comments so it was obviously directed at me,, or otherwise you would have just said it wasn’t.
I have never left this thread, I’ve taken a break a couple of times. I have stopped replying to you a few times to bring an end to a particular conversation but never left.
ok, maybe you need to again if you can’t rebut honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.