Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

Lucky for me I was wearing pants at the footy. Otherwise I might have been liftingmykiltup watching him play. Get 30 or so games into this bloke n play him alongside a genuine key forward or two n he'll fair put the wind up a few backlines.

Reactions: 3 users
Lucky for me I was wearing pants at the footy. Otherwise I might have been liftingmykiltup watching him play. Get 30 or so games into this bloke n play him alongside a genuine key forward or two n he'll fair put the wind up a few backlines.
Just to confirm Maso o the Tiger, the thumbs up is for your second comment here, not the first. :mhihi

Myki's improvement even in a handful of games has been immense.
Game 1 looked totally lost and not to standard.

Gee, he has settled in since then.
Good hands. Lovely kick. Presents.

Also, like others, can't wait to see him getting 3rd backman (and not the 1st) once ArkMan and The Lynch mob return.

Coming from a totally different sport his progression has been utterly amazing.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Strangely for a convert, the kicking action looks super natural as well. Compare that to other converts where the kicking looks a bit mechanical, Lefaus doesn't.

I go back to that kick to Dusty for his goal I think in the 2nd quarter of the Melbourne game (might have been 4th we were kicking to the City end), perfectly weighted kick over Stephen Mays head to Dusty's advantage.

I'd seen him in the VFL and thought he was a brute, powerful and strong, but he's much more than that. As you say his kicking is very good which makes him a perfect option for the 3rd tall, has the endurance, power and speed to get himself up and down the ground, and his kicking both around the ground and towards goal is very good
Noah as a latecomer is the same.. beautiful kicking action.
Well taught at a professional level
rather that practicing mistakes from aged

Reactions: 1 users
Noah as a latecomer is the same.. beautiful kicking action.
Well taught at a professional level
rather that practicing mistakes from aged
Assuming you mean Noah Balta? He's no latecomer at all! He was in the talent pathway early and grew up playing footy, but also played soccer. No different than probably a 100 other footy players...

Assuming you mean Noah Balta? He's no latecomer at all! He was in the talent pathway early and grew up playing footy, but also played soccer. No different than probably a 100 other footy players...
Wiki describes him as growing up a passionate soccer player.
No matter. Both have a very good action
and promise to be great together in our forward line for many years to come.

Noah was playing footy with my brother-in-law in under age. Yeah probably played other sports, but was certainly not late to AFL. He was playing u12 in EDFL.

It's a magnificent kicking action.
His second goal was a clean a hit as I've seen all year.
Thudded off the boot beautifully & straight through the middle with ease from 45m.
He's not just a brute athlete. Kid has better skills than many.

Reactions: 12 users
It's a magnificent kicking action.
His second goal was a clean a hit as I've seen all year.
Thudded off the boot beautifully & straight through the middle with ease from 45m.
He's not just a brute athlete. Kid has better skills than many.
He can clunk a mark too. Strong enough to maintain his position/balance in a contest and get his hands in the right spot.

And because he has speed and agility I can see a forward line containing Lynch/Balta/Lefau being effective.

Has been thrown in the deep end and not just treading water. Real positive.

Reactions: 7 users
He can clunk a mark too. Strong enough to maintain his position/balance in a contest and get his hands in the right spot.

And because he has speed and agility I can see a forward line containing Lynch/Balta/Lefau being effective.

Has been thrown in the deep end and not just treading water. Real positive.

It would create some really difficult matchups for opposition with those 3 in attack. With the athleticism of Balta and Lefau, could we also play Dusty in that forward line with a couple of small around them?

Just adding some stats around this.

Both Lefau and Balta are regarded as Key forwards in the AFL stats.

Tackles - Lefau (2.5) - Above Average. Balta (1.8) - Average
Tackles inside 50 - L (1.7) - Elite, B (1.5) - Above Average
Pressure Acts - L (11) - Above Average, B (10.3) - Average
Spoils - L (1.8) - Elite, Balta (1) - Average

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
It would create some really difficult matchups for opposition with those 3 in attack. With the athleticism of Balta and Lefau, could we also play Dusty in that forward line with a couple of small around them?

Just adding some stats around this.

Both Lefau and Balta are regarded as Key forwards in the AFL stats.

Tackles - Lefau (2.5) - Above Average. Balta (1.8) - Average
Tackles inside 50 - L (1.7) - Elite, B (1.5) - Above Average
Pressure Acts - L (11) - Above Average, B (10.3) - Average
Spoils - L (1.8) - Elite, Balta (1) - Average
Love when stats back up what your eyes see at the ground. Lefau is QUICK.

Reactions: 1 user