Mid Season Draft 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid Season Draft 2024

The only time I've seen improvements in our development (not because we won the flag)
Was under McCrae & Leppisch.
But HotRod Hardwick had them out door 12 months later because there can be only 1 king in the building.
Very true that even Rutten had our backline purring before he went to the dons.

Reactions: 1 users
We definitely have 2 spots with Gibcus and Clarke out.

Could have 3 depending where Fawcett is with his back problems.

Reactions: 1 users
Get the best 2 kids available now before the draft forget about rejects.

Reactions: 1 user
Good lord.
Why not
Been in the best 2-3 players in VFL last 2 years
Huge X Factor
Marks overhead
Kicks goals
And wins plenty of own ball
We have half our team who struggle in those areas
Oh and he can kick as well

Woodcock can play. Was a bit of a flopper at Poort Flopelaide but arguably earned another crack via leather poisoning the last couple of years. Only question is he's a mid at VFA level, but is he too small and slow for AFL?

Why not
Been in the best 2-3 players in VFL last 2 years
Huge X Factor
Marks overhead
Kicks goals
And wins plenty of own ball
We have half our team who struggle in those areas
Oh and he can kick as well

Well then, Port must have made a huge mistake letting such a talent go. He does all that?

All I saw at the Power was a contest avoiding flopper.

Disagree. Think he is at his level.

Plays the easiest position on the ground - spare man in defense.

Is very good when the ball is in the air but struggles below his knees.
Plays very well when on opponents and when not 9n opponents
Easily our best player in the vfl
And should play in our senior team this year

Woodcock can play. Was a bit of a flopper at Poort Flopelaide but arguably earned another crack via leather poisoning the last couple of years. Only question is he's a mid at VFA level, but is he too small and slow for AFL?
Watched him closely over past 2 years . If we are fair dinkum about improving our list . He is well above VFL level . Would automatically be in starting 22 for us . . After all we currently persist with players who can’t kick and can’t win a ball in dispute !!

Boyd Woodcock
I don't know about him specifically but I understand why you would be suggesting him. We need another mature ball winning mid as we got badly beaten up around the ball yesterday. Woodcock was a decent player with Port and has done well with Southport in the vfl.
The question really is one of tactics. Do we pick someone who may help us this year or do we get the best young talent for the future?

I don't know about him specifically but I understand why you would be suggesting him. We need another mature ball winning mid as we got badly beaten up around the ball yesterday. Woodcock was a decent player with Port and has done well with Southport in the vfl.
The question really is one of tactics. Do we pick someone who may help us this year or do we get the best young talent for the future?
Go the latter. Pick the best young talent regardless of position. Like it or not we are rebuilding and all list decisions must now be made with regard to how they will impact five years from now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users