Matthew Richardson Tribute thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Richardson Tribute thread

tigerman said:
I really enjoyed Richo being interviewed by Bob last night, what a humble champion he is.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/matthew-richardson-on-bob-former-tiger-opens-up-on-famous-dummy-spits/news-story/5728e25a0a4562d3f1d79ddf1ddf8640

Saw it last night too, but where was the dummy spit walk-out shown in the ad? Fake ad to attract watchers?

his presence on grand final day walking out with the cup and then presenting and the Richo chant shows how loved he is and will always be only at tigerland will that happen . Cant even begin to talk about his mojo and greatness as a player.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
zippadeee said:
Imagine him playing now.. We will be a juggernaut

Not sure we could play Richo and George in the same forward line. Not even sure Richo can handpass

Sir said:
It was GREAT TV :clap

You truly saw what a humble character he is.

Eddie Vedder who?????? He should be the one grateful for drinking with RICHO!!!

:rofl

I wasn't aware that Eddie Vedder dedicated a song to Richo at the Etihad concert, and that they then got on loudmouth soup together, how cool is that.

I think Eddie got his name wrong and called him Mark. I've got that concert on USB and play it from time to time and have a Pearl Jam lyric in my signature.

Richo's call as the siren went in the Prelim will be played for ever.

What an absolute legend Richo is.

Had to laugh when they were talking about the day Richo kicked ten against the Bulldogs.
What they didn't say is that that win took us to 4-4, and we didn't win another game for the season, finished last, and that was the end of Spud.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

A great footballer and a great fellow.
Just a pity he never experienced great team success during his career.
Richo was possibly the only reason many Tiger supporters hung in with the club during some very lean seasons.

Reactions: 1 user
Bullarto Tiger said:
Richo was possibly the only reason many Tiger supporters hung in with the club during some very lean seasons.

Yep.

He was a ray of light in our darkest days.

Bullarto Tiger said:

FACT.

Reactions: 1 users
I still remember that 18 year old dashing around the goals in the 2nds and is hard to believe he's gonna be 50 next year.
First game I ever saw Richo play live was in the 2nds early in his first season. It was at Princes Park.
He was like an unbroken colt but so exciting