Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

The worst part of our injury list is that apart from Gibcus I dont think any others allow for replacement under LTI.

Yet we have a raft of blokes our 6-12-14 weeks.

Just when the club needs Bauer up forward ................................................................................

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
For Gods sake send Bauer to Dubai

I'm hoping a sense of sarcasm there, DA.

Gibber went there. Injured.
CJ from Hawks went there. Injured.

I think this should be the end of the Dubai (expensive) experiment.

Also, I am hoping this is who you were referring to yesterday(Bauer).
I don't think many of us can endure another out.

Further, I suspect the VFL side is getting close to not being able to field a Team.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
So RD 3 completed. Lynch is to have his operation and is expected to be out for 10-12 weeks. In that time we have two byes, Rounds 6 and 15 so that's two less games that Lynch will miss. Trying to take some positive out of an awful situation.

Reactions: 4 users

Further, I suspect the VFL side is getting close to not being able to field a Team.
Gibcus’s latest injury is totally unrelated to his previous hamstring injury.
Don’t know the details of CJ from the Hawks.
But Bauer’s hamstrings have been affecting him near on 6 months now and they can’t get it right. Either put him down or find some experts who have more of an idea than Meehan.

Reactions: 2 users

Gibbus did an ACL not his hammy.

Reactions: 1 users
We have 9 players out for at least a month. During this time we'll most likely accumulate more injuries. Our injury list could climb to record numbers.

• Sad
Gibcus’s latest injury is totally unrelated to his previous hamstring injury.
Don’t know the details of CJ from the Hawks.
But Bauer’s hamstrings have been affecting him near on 6 months now and they can’t get it right. Either put him down or find some experts who have more of an idea than Meehan.

Bauer did his hammy in Round 17 last year, 9 months ago.

Just when the club needs Bauer up forward ................................................................................
Unfortunately Bauer is no surprise, I mentioned he left the track basically in the warm up last week, club has been covering up his chronic hammy problems all summer, never appearing on their injury list when he has only joined the main group about 4 times all up pre & post season :(

Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately Bauer is no surprise, I mentioned he left the track basically in the warm up last week, club has been covering up his chronic hammy problems all summer, never appearing on their injury list when he has only joined the main group about 4 times all up pre & post season :(
Needs to go overseas ....... horrendous that he is still struggling with hamstring issues after 6 months

Dr Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt is the man.

at this rate we won't be able to field a 22 man side. what happens if it comes to that? like during covid when wce could draw on state leaguers?

Latest injury report from Hellmond.

IMO, this glass half-full assessment from Meehan doesn't match the length of time these players are out.

Not when you go front on and impact the head. It's 2024 not 1970, the game's changed a little bit in recent years.

Yes, I looked at it again closely since that post. Sorry. I was wrong he had to cop a week for that in today's context ... although JVR ultimately got off for probably a worse hit last year! Baker has to alter his attack on the opponent to be a little more 'prudent.'

Latest injury report from Hellmond.

IMO, this glass half-full assessment from Meehan doesn't match the length of time these players are out.

Interesting that the Lynch injury is not a hamstring, it’s the back of the knee. Also described as very unusual.

Balta’s injury was a contact injury, not a lot we can do about that. Grimes has a wrist injury.

Some of these things are just bad luck.

No mention of Judson Clarke in the report