Game Day - Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Eagles

Forwards first of all must kick goals it’s not just chasing backsides
Must hold ball in forward line not allow easy rebounds
Macca Kosi Sonsie Ralphsmith Young Dow Mansell Graham had very poor games
They’re fortunate there’s so many injuries and have to be played

Reactions: 1 user
How many times did we handball blindly over the head in that second half in panic and fear of getting hit. Almost felt like it was a directive.
I’m sure it was its back to Dimma time knock the ball forward so butler or George can run onto it

Reactions: 2 users
Martin as uninterested as I've ever seen him in that last qtr. Probably thinking WTF am I doing. Should have joined Cotch and Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Martin as uninterested as I've ever seen him in that last qtr. Probably thinking WTF am I doing. Should have joined Cotch and Jack
I'm thinking WTF are you crapping on about. Yeah tee off on Dusty, good one goose You should have joined in with those genius WC fans booing him.

Reactions: 5 users
Rioli Junior and Mansell have one goal between them. It is fine that they do look to pressure but ffs there comes a time when you have to ask yourself are we getting enough from these two on the scoreboard and the answer is no.

Campbell who I think will be a player muffed two easy chances for goals had a quiet one after a good start.

Kosi can go back to Hawthorn he is *smile* useless worse than I thought.

Dow, i do like but geez needs to gut run and get to contest to contest 13 disposals is not good. Jack Graham another 17 disposals and as prime mid today not good.

Dusty just went through the motions a far cry from last week when he dominated.

Pickett get him to 100 games as the sub and that should be it see ya later

Macintosh 6 disposals are we still going to defend him? All i hear he guards space, he runs up and down and provides well i dont know what the heck he provides enough is enough he can play out his days in the ressies.

Young is a spud no two ways about it.

Sonsie I don't know I want him to make it but not sure he has the gonads to play in the midfield or forward as a high-pressure goal-kicking small forward. Its mid or bust it seems kinda explains why the Hawks let him pass after playing for box hill.

From 2021 Draft Brown, Clarke and Gibcus are the most likely. Banks and Sonsie I do have reservations about them.

Reactions: 4 users
He had 3 kicks for the game
Listen Pal, I went and looked, he had 12 disposals, 3k 9hb, 1m, 1t. Frankly, I really don't like the fact you're taking cheap shots at a first game player. Pathetic. HAGHLAY

Reactions: 5 users
Graham will be lucky to get us a 3rd rounder.
We need to ask Freo for a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder similar to what Collingwood paid for shultz.
Flappers is finished
Kosi isn't an AFL footballer
Pickett is finished
Young is a bush footballer. No hunger to contest. Always 2 metres behind.
He made Petty look like Carey last year and today he made Waterman look like Peter Sumich.

Rioli and Mansell have to hit the scoreboard. They don't.
Rioli missed 2 easy shots in the 1st qtr.

Dow and Sony are midget midfielders,
And slow

Clarke has left us with nothing.
He has destroyed our club in 6 yrs of poor chooses

Listen Pal, I went and looked, he had 12 disposals, 3k 9hb, 1m, 1t. Frankly, I really don't like the fact you're taking cheap shots at a first game player. Pathetic. HAGHLAY
Not taking cheap shots, just pointing out the fact that he had 3 kicks in almost 3 quarters of footy.

Looks like we've got the toys out of the pram brigade on here. Maybe an early night from PRE makes sense as I'm sure there's going to be enough BS thrown around here over the next week and a bit.

Defence - 2nd quarter we were rubbish here, and Young was rubbish for most of the game. I'll cut Miller a bit of slack, reckon he's played some good games and was a bit down defensively today but was having to cover and there was so much ball coming in. Miller I think is the least of our worries, his good ball use by foot was on show today, but he was left exposed by a very poor midfield performance. Young was rubbish. Brown I'd love to hear from people at the ground, not sure why he couldn't get near the footy today with the amount of ball that was going in there so interested to know what the go was from people that might have watched him at the ground. Rioli I thought was very good, but with Short out of the game had to drive all of the rebound himself. Broad and Vlastuin were ok.

Midfield - I thought Graham and Baker were quite good bearing in mind they were up against 3 very good starting mids, and they are 2nd string mids. Dow proved he's not up to it again IMO. McAuliffe did ok for essentially his 1st game, when Shai went in there we looked far different and able to win clearances, but ultimately our very inexperienced midfield group were frankly beaten up on by a more seasoned group and 1 of the most hyped mids ever drafted (he's going to be a very good player btw).

Forward - Its a bit hard to mark the forward line. I thought Kosi was ok around the ground, but rubbish as a forward. If we are expecting this position to be best in the ruck than Ryan has to play instead. Lefau - breakout game. I thought Mansell, MRJ and Campbell at times were good, but having such little ball in the forward line particularly after quarter time, they didn't have much of a chance to show what they could do.

Reactions: 13 users
Campbell & Brown were poor today too - they’ll both learn from that. In adversity, you just need to keep competing, get to as many contests as you can. Neither did that well enough today.

Reactions: 1 users
Dow was brilliant.....keeps this up we will be guaranteed top 2 pick. Keep it up son.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Looks like we've got the toys out of the pram brigade on here. Maybe an early night from PRE makes sense as I'm sure there's going to be enough BS thrown around here over the next week and a bit.

Defence - 2nd quarter we were rubbish here, and Young was rubbish for most of the game. I'll cut Miller a bit of slack, reckon he's played some good games and was a bit down defensively today but was having to cover and there was so much ball coming in. Miller I think is the least of our worries, his good ball use by foot was on show today, but he was left exposed by a very poor midfield performance. Young was rubbish. Brown I'd love to hear from people at the ground, not sure why he couldn't get near the footy today with the amount of ball that was going in there so interested to know what the go was from people that might have watched him at the ground. Rioli I thought was very good, but with Short out of the game had to drive all of the rebound himself. Broad and Vlastuin were ok.

Midfield - I thought Graham and Baker were quite good bearing in mind they were up against 3 very good starting mids, and they are 2nd string mids. Dow proved he's not up to it again IMO. McAuliffe did ok for essentially his 1st game, when Shai went in there we looked far different and able to win clearances, but ultimately our very inexperienced midfield group were frankly beaten up on by a more seasoned group and 1 of the most hyped mids ever drafted (he's going to be a very good player btw).

Forward - Its a bit hard to mark the forward line. I thought Kosi was ok around the ground, but rubbish as a forward. If we are expecting this position to be best in the ruck than Ryan has to play instead. Lefau - breakout game. I thought Mansell, MRJ and Campbell at times were good, but having such little ball in the forward line particularly after quarter time, they didn't have much of a chance to show what they could do.
Good analysis. Not sure why we didn’t try and use Brown more as a distributor off half back either. TV didn’t help with tight close ups making it hard to decipher.

With Short out do we try Kaleb Smith? Right about Young & Kosi. Do we try the latter as a key back?

Agree Ryan to come in and partner Lefau. Not sure what else can be done in the midfield - we have no options until injured players come back.

I’d probably throw the Hail Mary and bring Cumberland in as well. If Shai goes more on ball, might as well have goal smarts up forward.

On holidays so missed game.
How bad?
Saw stats for 2nd QTR.
Looks dismal