Changes for R9 v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for R9 v Dogs

I get the caution re: Prestia but surely you get to a point where you say “this isn’t a Miami rehab centre for over 60s, this is a footy club for professional athletes.”

If he’s good to go, just play him. If he pings, he pings. Last year.

• Dislike
Reactions: 11 users
If they rush Prestia back its laughable, that just screams panic.

Seasons over no point rushing blokes back.
Yze said they've held him back a few weeks. Reckon he'd have trained fully twice by the weekend. Is that enough or should we bring him with limited time in the vfl first? I have no idea with these types of injuries but whatever we've done in the past with prestia hasn't been effective.

Reactions: 1 user
I get the caution re: Prestia but surely you get to a point where you say “this isn’t a Miami rehab centre for over 60s, this is a footy club for professional athletes.”

If he’s good to go, just play him. If he pings, he pings. Last year.
100%.

Reactions: 1 users
A week too late.
remember Naithsmith had a ripping start to the year and earned his shot
but at AFL he level looks clunky
while Sampson had a slow start to the year and has kept building
he is taking some nice marks and is earning a call up off the back of his last month

my fear is they will both be very capable VFL players but fall short of AFL

Sampson as a forward / ruck is worth a try so we know

Reactions: 2 users
Libba will be out and indefinitely due to another concussion issue. Geez...this bloke looks scary with that 2nd time he's collapsed on ground after the hit to the head. Probably best to finish the season for his sake.

Enough is enough. :LOL:Out with the rusty old toys and in with the shiny new ones.
A lazy eight changes and i will attempt to justify them all.

Smith - Banks. One is banging on the door every week the other is really struggling. Both can play similar roles. Reward good games.
Coulthard - Campbell. Coulthard to play high forward in nice touch. Campbell badly out of form for weeks needs a break.
Cumberland - Mansell. Okay i get the angst but we cannot persevere with Mansell forward, he is in horrid form and offers little. We need goals.
Ryan - Naismith. Need some help for Toby but we also need a forward ruck who is kicking a few in the ressies, not just a pure ruckman.
Balta - MRJ. Went with the extra tall. Maybe Maurice can be the sub.
McAuliffe - McIntosh. Big bodied brute we need one in the midfield. Should have been playing for Taranto and Hopper while injured.
Prestia - Dow. Some will say old player taking games of a younger one. Is Dow really the future? Besides we need his experience in there.
Trezise - Short. Cant see why Trezise cant play wing or h/b. No substitute for accountability.

Vlastuin - Young - Grimes
Brown - Miller - Trezise

Broad - McAuliffe - D Rioli
Nankervis - Prestia - Sonsie

Coulthard - Balta - Bolton
Ryan - Lefau - Cumberland

Martin - Smith - Baker - Pickett

Sub MRJ - Short - Ralphsmith.

Looks good to me fire away anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
Banks, Dow and Sonsie laying 0 tackles between them against Freo.
Every week we have our share of players who dont lay a tackle or only one. WCE and us are on the bottom of the ladder when it comes to tackles laid this year.
Of those three as an inside mid Dow should be laying plenty of tackles every week.

Every week we have our share of players who dont lay a tackle or only one. WCE and us are on the bottom of the ladder when it comes to tackles laid this year.
Of those three as an inside mid Dow should be laying plenty of tackles every week.
Probably not a good way to earn the respect of senior team mates when you’re young and trying to cement your spot in the team. Pathetic actually tbh

Probably not a good way to earn the respect of senior team mates when you’re young and trying to cement your spot in the team. Pathetic actually tbh
Seems to me the kids are only following the lead set by too many of the seniors and the coaches.
Would have thought one way to make us more competetive would be to prioritise tackling. Rather than look at the KIDS in this i would be inclined to ask what are the coaches doing about such a basic of the game and why are many senior players not leading from the front..

In Balta, Coulthard, Cumberland, McAuliffe, Ryan and Smith. (If fit Prestia to return through VFL).
Out Banks, Campbell, Dow, Mansell, McIntosh and Naismith.

B Young Miller Vlastuin
HB Brown Broad Short
C Ralphsmith Rioli D, McAuliffe*
HF Cumberland* Balta* Rioli M Jr,
F Martin Lefau Ryan*
R Nankervis Bolton Baker
I/C Coulthard* Grimes Smith* and Sonsie. (Grimes could be nearing a farewell).
Sub Pickett.

Reactions: 3 users
In Balta, Coulthard, Cumberland, McAuliffe, Ryan and Smith. (If fit Prestia to return through VFL).

B Young Miller Vlastuin
HB Brown Broad Short
F Martin Lefau Ryan*
R Nankervis Bolton Baker
Sub Pickett.
Good changes.

B Young Miller Vlastuin
HB Brown Broad Short
F Martin Lefau Ryan*
R Nankervis Bolton Baker
Sub Pickett.
I doubt MCAuliffe will play on the wing, but DRioli probably wont make his centre square debut this week so they could swap, and Coulthard could also play there.
You also have 2 defenders on the bench. I dont think it would be right to play debut Smith anywhere else other than the HBF he has been playing in the VFL.

Zips tips
3 votes Bompmytelly (he won't be on the bench with 7 minutes to go)
2 Votes English (His 1 good game a season)
1 Vote Naughton (will end his baron run and go close to the Coleman lead)