Cat B rookies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cat B rookies

As Couch heads west, Zak “Cherry’’ Evans is weighing up his future amid persistent speculation about a move to football.

Evans also lost his state contract 12 months ago.

He led St Kilda’s pace attack last season with 27 wickets at 22.63.

But it appears Evans is not in Victoria’s plans for next season and at 24 he has reached a now-or-never point with the football option.

He had taken the eye of recruiters while playing school football for Xavier College in 2017 and AFL clubs could land him as a Category B rookie, as Collingwood did with state-contracted leg-spinner Wil Parker in February.

As Couch heads west, Zak “Cherry’’ Evans is weighing up his future amid persistent speculation about a move to football.

Evans also lost his state contract 12 months ago.

He led St Kilda’s pace attack last season with 27 wickets at 22.63.

But it appears Evans is not in Victoria’s plans for next season and at 24 he has reached a now-or-never point with the football option.

He had taken the eye of recruiters while playing school football for Xavier College in 2017 and AFL clubs could land him as a Category B rookie, as Collingwood did with state-contracted leg-spinner Wil Parker in February.

Brisbanes category b rookie Bruce Reville has played 2 games so far and hasn’t looked out of place (especially v Adelaide). He’s ok but he’s no Mate Colina.

Reactions: 1 user
Collingwood Cat b rookie pick Will Parker to make his debut this weekend. They only picked him up in February. We signed Colina in 2020! With OHB playing in the Ammos and Phantom Colina we’re not really killing it in this space.

Why don't we get any Irish players?
Been a while, 2009, 2012.

Might be wrong but I recall Heslin did a pre-season then left, homesick or not happy with support from the club.

Been a while, 2009, 2012.

Might be wrong but I recall Heslin did a pre-season then left, homesick or not happy with support from the club.
With a name like O’Reilly how could we go wrong

• Haha
Give you Soldo on one side of that equation. Was recruited about 9-10 years ago though. Not much since then with lots of injuries.

Give you Soldo on one side of that equation. Was recruited about 9-10 years ago though. Not much since then with lots of injuries.
Yes Soldo was added as a Cat b in Nov 2014
Dekka Smith was the next in late 2017 & played 9 Senior games, was delisted & re-signed in 2020
Colina was added in Sep 2020
OHB added in Aug 2023

Only 4 all up in 10 years & 1 was an absloute win