Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Interesting times for the club. We’ve lost our longstanding coach, captain, president and now CEO in the space of a couple of years.

Really hoping this vacuum at the club gets filled with quality people otherwise the dark days will be back with a vengeance.

Reactions: 6 users
It doesn’t say where he is going but would be very surprised if it’s not Tassie

The most important person to walk through our doors in recent years.

I have him ahead of Hardwick, Cotchin etc.

Reactions: 9 users
Interesting times for the club. We’ve lost our longstanding coach, captain, president and now CEO in the space of a couple of years.

Really hoping this vacuum at the club gets filled with quality people otherwise the dark days will be back with a vengeance.
Totally agree with this. Why have we literally collapsed so quickly?

Bring Peggy back! Or that Simon Wallace fella on Twitter, seems to have a very level-headed take on all of it, and has a legal / business background I believe. I admire Benny for not doing a Dimma on us and allowing the transition to be thoughtful and calm, but it's telling that they've called it so early in the season, they must really be looking longterm club-wide knowing how wrecked this year is going to be for us. Hoping that all the hard work we've done on our back of house comes to fruition and it's a positive transition that injects life, but this is a sad blow and really the end of an amazing era. The sad cherry on top will be Dusty's departure and then it'll truly hit.

Reactions: 2 users
Totally agree with this. Why have we literally collapsed so quickly?
Don’t think we’ve collapsed (although it may appear that way). Hardwick was cooked; Peggy stepped aside as per the club constitution provisions; Cotch retired. It happens

Reactions: 7 users
Don’t think we’ve collapsed (although it may appear that way). Hardwick was cooked; Peggy stepped aside as per the club constitution provisions; Cotch retired. It happens
Yeah, couldn't think of a better word. 'Departed' maybe. Just so soon...

Reactions: 1 user
Vale Benny G.
The epitome of the Richmond Man.
A breath of fresh air is required, through every organisation from time to time.
The new CEO can ditch the extortionate, unwieldy development plan.
No harm in reneging on the costly folly, as Vic & Qld govts have done with their white elephant projects.
A new building is no guarantee of on-field success and performance, as we can see.

Reactions: 1 user
The Chief is officially finishing up at end of this year. Just announced on RFC site.

We all knew it but we did not want it to happen.

Thanks Benny, what a leader, what a contribution to our club!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 11 users
Shattered, but was resigned to it happening.

See you chief. You'll leave some very big boots to fill.

Reactions: 7 users
Sad to see this happen but after 15 years it's understandable. All the best Benny. Just hope that group find the right CEO for our club.

Reactions: 5 users
The biggest of all the recent and forthcoming departures from our great club.

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing much to say except thankyou.
Dreamed big and delivered more than we could have expected.
A giant of our great club, legend.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Thank you for your Great service.
Best Club CEO in history of the game.
Stuck to his plan and got the ultimate success.
Big shoes to fill for the next bloke.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users