Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Saw The Dandy Warhols at the Gov in Adelaide last weekend.Great show, great venue, packed house, crowd eating it up and easy to get a beer without missing a thing. Had a ball.

Reactions: 3 users
Went and saw Tedeschi Trucks a few weeks ago at the Palais. My old girl Snuppers likes them and a couple of our friends love them, so off we all went together.

I enjoyed it. I’m not really the biggest fan of bluesy rock. Tend to find it all a bit samey. Too much slide guitar, yokely lyrics and such. But Derek Trucks is an amazing guitarist and Sue has an amazing voice and is pretty handy on the guitar herself. Both are very talented.

The sound was good - as you’d expect in the awesome Palais - and they played really well.

Interestingly though Snuppers said to me afterwards that it was a bit repetitive and the long solos by Derek on most songs got a bit tiring. “Could he at least use a different guitar every now and then ?” Hah hah hah. But like me she still enjoyed it just the same.

Pleasant, enjoyable but probably don’t need to see again. Not really my thing.

Aficionados of the band and that style of music would have loved it, I’ve got no doubt.

Note: I watched some You Tube clips on Derek and the band days after and he seems a really good guy. Very humble and well grounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Went and saw Tedeschi Trucks a few weeks ago at the Palais. My old girl Snuppers likes them and a couple of our friends love them, so off we all went together.

I enjoyed it. I’m not really the biggest fan of bluesy rock. Tend to find it all a bit samey. Too much slide guitar, yokely lyrics and such. But Derek Trucks is an amazing guitarist and Sue has an amazing voice and is pretty handy on the guitar herself. Both are very talented.

I was there as well and loved it. Derek is such a phenomenal guitarist but yeah its rootsy music the whole gig which if it isn't your thing.... I love his slide guitar.