Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
I think we will get absolutely spanked and the wheels will fall off from here.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerwa

Tiger Cub
Mar 20, 2024
Vlastuin - Miller - Grimes
Brown - Koschitzke/ - Smith

Rioli - Martin - Broad
Nankervis - Hopper - Bolton

Campbell - Ryan - Mansell/Rioli one of. We only need one defensive small forward who lacks polish.
Cumberland - Lefau - Naismith.

Baker - McAuliffe - Sonsie - Graham.

We will get spanked regardless and we just lost to wce the wheels have already fallen off. We have reached critical mass and the dam walls are wide open.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I think we will get absolutely spanked and the wheels will fall off from here.
The doomsayers on this site are starting to give me the sh%$@ts. Every game is there to be won and despite the recent “hand-picked by Hardwick recruitments” over the last 4 year, and he jumping off the ship, the Tigers have been mostly competitive except against WC.

The brutal list of injuries has slaughtered us and the AFL fixture did the Tigers absolutely NO favours – those bastards at AFL House are good at that.

Our new coach is doing a good job knitting a jumper with one needle and is more substance than a lot people give him credit for. He knows what is going on; he knows who he goes forward with and he knows who to let go at the end of the season.

Watching his Richmond side evolve is worth watching.

Reactions: 14 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Interesting. Considering all the players at the club were already here before Ouzo got the coaching job. Which part of the Richmond side is actually his? ....................... Maybe Newy?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The doomsayers on this site are starting to give me the sh%$@ts. Every game is there to be won and despite the recent “hand-picked by Hardwick recruitments” over the last 4 year, and he jumping off the ship, the Tigers have been mostly competitive except against WC.

The brutal list of injuries has slaughtered us and the AFL fixture did the Tigers absolutely NO favours – those bastards at AFL House are good at that.

Our new coach is doing a good job knitting a jumper with one needle and is more substance than a lot people give him credit for. He knows what is going on; he knows who he goes forward with and he knows who to let go at the end of the season.

I agree

FFS guys just take a deep breath and enjoy watching the young fellas develop. We are a middling team that has been turned into a bottom team by injuries atm.

I also don't like the way some post about our players. I suspect there isn't a player on the list who isn't doing the best he can and if that is not good enough then so be it. But constant bagging and mocking of players is getting a bit tiresome imo.

But that's just me.

Reactions: 23 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I agree

FFS guys just take a deep breath and enjoy watching the young fellas develop. We are a middling team that has been turned into a bottom team by injuries atm.

I also don't like the way some post about our players. I suspect there isn't a player on the list who isn't doing the best he can and if that is not good enough then so be it. But constant bagging and mocking of players is getting a bit tiresome imo.

But that's just me.
I’d love to watch the youngsters develop, but this season every time we put one in they get injured.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I’d love to watch the youngsters develop, but this season every time we put one in they get injured.
McAuliffe
Dow
Sonsie
MRJ
Campbell
Brown
Banks
Ryan
Lefau

All of these players are in the team or have been in the team and none of them are currently injured

Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Broad Miller Young
Mansell Vlastuin DRioli
Pickett Sonz McIntosh
Campbell Bolton MJ
Martin Lefau Naismith

Nank Baker McAuliffe
Cumbo Brown Coulthard Graham Koschitzke

Mansell where he should be playing HB or BP to take on dangerous smalls (Kosi Pickett)

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Injury report so long Meehan now inserts an intermission and sells chock-tops to the members

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Interesting. Considering all the players at the club were already here before Ouzo got the coaching job. Which part of the Richmond side is actually his? ....................... Maybe Newy?
Watching his side evolve means he is the head coach and doing things his way. Meaning he is playing guys who have debuted this year under his decision making. Players like Tom Brown and Ben Miller have come along nicely under the coach’s watchful eye. Lefau will be given every chance by the new coach. Seth Campbell is another given every opportunity by our new coach.

The side is evolving under his coaching!

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If Gawn gives silver service to Pickett ,Clarry and Petracca out of the middle. the our defender's will be in for an Anzac style siege.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This is the annual Petty kicks 6 goals game and looks like Carey.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Last one, i know its not a popular opinion but Sam Naismith has totally dominated in the VFL. Maybe we just play him as back up ruck for Toby and see if he can at least bring ball to ground for our small fwds.
It would allow Toby to play more behind the ball and get back more to help the defenders.
Be good just to reward his good form if nothing else.
We have played Soldo and Nank together in the past and i reckon Naismith is more mobile and better in the air than Ivan.
I'm with this.... indeed I seem to recall (mistakenly?) that he played well in the pre-season game against Melbourne and held his own against the much lauded Melbourne ruck.

Out: Short, Dow, TBC
IN: Hopper, Grimes, Naismith

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I'm with this.... indeed I seem to recall (mistakenly?) that he played well in the pre-season game against Melbourne and held his own against the much lauded Melbourne ruck.

Out: Short, Dow, TBC
IN: Hopper, Grimes, Naismith
If Grimes carries on his early season form those are pretty good ins

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hopper has his knee strapped up like he has been biten by a great white.
How the *smile* is he ready??

• Haha