2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Main Training today Thursday:

Prestia Balta & Graham all got through full training.
Good to see Bauer complete as well so hopefully some VFL this week?

I have doubts on Shorty & Bakes
Of course some Premiership guys have to go out.

3 guys back.
2 MUST go out.
That's how 2024 works.
Gods still unhappy.
What a year.
Outside of Myki (and very briefly McAuliffe and Revenge of The Sith) it's just been a barren wasteland.

Given our only win was not on tv, I have yet to see a replay of any of our games.
No rush it's only Round 9.
Early days.
Onwards and upwards!

I don't get why we would be risking Prestia or Graham for that matter, both recovering from tissue injuries, on the basis they, 'got through training'.

Decisions to be made on both players at seasons end. Both would be safer and ultimately more productive, playing restricted time in the VFL.
Only one possible decision to be made if we punt both blokes to " restricted " minutes at VFL level and it would have nothing to do with trade value.

The club would rather see players break down at afl level than vfl level? Must be tanking in that case.
Well that's probably because he might be able to have some influence on the game at important senior level before breaking down rather than having some influence at irrelevant magoos level before breaking down.
Everyone knows his injury issues, so what. He's a quality senior player he plays at senior level, if he breaks then he breaks, but it's purely pointless if he breaks in the magoos.

Reactions: 2 users
Risky going with Prestia and Graham both underdone has the club learnt.
The Ooze said in his presser that Prestia was keen to play last week but they held him back ( the same with Balta) so he should be ready to go.
Fridge has only missed one game so he shouldn’t be underdone.

Reactions: 1 users
The Ooze said in his presser that Prestia was keen to play last week but they held him back ( the same with Balta) so he should be ready to go.
Fridge has only missed one game so he shouldn’t be underdone.
fridge shouldn’t play regardless of fitness. It’s his form that doesn’t warrant it. Has been horrible for 24 months.

Reactions: 1 users
Prestia has been training fully for near on 3 weeks so is ready, if he breaks down he breaks down and no questions asked for mine.

Players can train as much as they like but it doesn't compare to actual match practice, even at VFL level.

That would be my preference but lets cross our fingers and hope he gets through.

Reactions: 2 users
Only one possible decision to be made if we punt both blokes to " restricted " minutes at VFL level and it would have nothing to do with trade value.
Might have put it better. Not focused on resale but concerned that we should protect the interests of both players so that their future careers should not be further put at risk.

Don't have any faith in the notion that a successful workout at training is any sort of guarantee for players returning from hamstrings etc especially to try and keep up with the Doggy midfield. VFL the safer course.

What do u think?

Last edited:
Might have put it better. Not focused on resale but concerned that we should protect the interests of both players so that their future careers should not be further put at risk.

Don't have any faith in the notion that a successful workout at training is any sort of guarantee for players returning from hamstrings etc especially to try and keep up with the Doggy midfield. VFL the safer course.

What do u think?
Definitely nothing safer by playing at VFL level, it's still a game of footy and anything can happen. Fitness bloke a few years back reckoned that he put the returning players through a more physically demanding process prior to them returning to make absolutely certain that as much as possible the injured area was able to cope with footy loads.
Just wondering what sort of future career a players gunna have getting restricted minutes at VFL level?