2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

He might have Shedda footwork but he racks up touches. Ture mid.

The way we are going O'Sullivan is in the frame. I reckon if Trainor has a big champs, he is in the frame for them.

They need key backs and forwards. Trainor has played forward his entire career before this year.

Goal-kicking mids are still the rarest type, only 5 average 20 touches and a goal. Bont, Issac Heeney, Chad Warner, Josh Kelly and Horne Francis.

Can Jagga or Finn be in that type of company? In this draft they are the best chances.
This is the type of mid we need to find in this Draft.

Sam Lalors the man we need :) wins clearances and if he's not winning them makes a contest ,strong overhead ,good kick,can be damaging up forward ,get him into a AFL environment get his body and fitness right ,he will be a weapon .

I still think we need a Ruck to develop ,maybe Penfry ,and Trainor or Faull as possible Key forwards .
Plenty of decent player's will be around for second and third round picks

We aren't going to solve all list needs this year,but we should be able to fix some for the future.

Yeah if Lalor has a clear run at it this year, he could end up rivalling Smillie for number 1 you'd think.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree on both those trade values.

Out of the 2 I'd probably take the 1st and Treacy, but yes Young would be a great addition to our midfield.
With Balta and Lefau coming through our greater need is midfielders. As previously suggested Young for Baker would be an excellent result.

Ratugolea was traded to Port last year for picks 25, 76 and 94. Let's just call it pick 25 for the sake of the argument.

So let me see. *smile* like Jon Ralph, Sam Cheeseburger, Cornes (eventually no doubt as well), see Baker as a late 1st rounder eg. 16-18 or whatever.

Baker 16 to 18. Ratugolea 25. Yeah. Sure. FFS.....

Baker is, at an absolute minimum, top 10 and more likley top 5 given the speculated deal that's on the table.

Richmond need to play this very very hard with WCE. Forget all the anti Richmond bs being spun and get a fair and proper deal done that equates to the playing ability and value of Baker to a team, and the contract that's being offered to him.
Absolutely agree but we start with the disadvantage of having a reputation of being generous when it comes to getting x players to their preferred destination.

I haven't been a fan of this lad but this clip is hard to ignore. So much to like here, for the first time, I see the Tom Green of it. And first time I've seen him slice through traffic and look like he can get to the outside from the inside of a stoppage. He's a ready-made footballer. Could he play with Taranto and Hopper? Dunno. Feels like FOS and Jagga are better matches but I'm not sure they become better footballers than Smille.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, was an impressive game. Makes me feel better if we miss O'Sullivan. Still goes to ground a bit too much for my liking.

Meanwhile, Bo Allan has entered the chat. Previously described as a backman, he played mid in the Colts after coming back from the seniors and killed it. Tall, fast, powerful, great mitts, long kick (left-footer bonus). Competitive beast. Very keen to see him hopefully play mid at the Champs.

Reactions: 2 users
Meanwhile, Bo Allan has entered the chat. Previously described as a backman, he played mid in the Colts after coming back from the seniors and killed it. Tall, fast, powerful, great mitts, long kick (left-footer bonus). Competitive beast. Very keen to see him hopefully play mid at the Champs.

Coming from WA, is he the son of Ben Allan?

Yeah, was an impressive game. Makes me feel better if we miss O'Sullivan. Still goes to ground a bit too much for my liking.

Yeah l mentioned him a week ago,good replacement for Grimes into the future.

Another 33 disposals/10 clearances for Jagga:

Neat, composed and evasive accumulator/distributor. If we got a second top 10 pick I'd be happy with him assuming Lalor and my new boy Allan are gone.

DID HE?

If he can play well in the midfield at 191cm with that pace, that;s more valuable, DON'T YOU THINK :D
I like him don't get me wrong,but there are better mids out there,l think the champs will sort it out .
Yeah played in the academy game ,played well in a disorganized team .

Another 33 disposals/10 clearances for Jagga:

Neat, composed and evasive accumulator/distributor. If we got a second top 10 pick I'd be happy with him assuming Lalor and my new boy Allan are gone.
Would take Jagga ahead of Allen, easily. Jagga reminds me of Josh Daicos in his movement and body shape. And even his movement with the ball.

I'm a huge fan.

Reactions: 3 users
Would take Jagga ahead of Allen, easily. Jagga reminds me of Josh Daicos in his movement and body shape. And even his movement with the ball.

I'm a huge fan.
He's not as quick as Daicos. I like him too. The more kids elevating the better.

As bt says, the champs will reveal more.

I'm a huge fan.
How come you like Josh Daicos but reckoned Nick Daicos wasn’t any good ? I think you might be a confused bi-sexual behind the scenes. Embrace the real you and come out Scoop ! Come out brother-sister !

• Wow
How come you like Josh Daicos but reckoned Nick Daicos wasn’t any good ? I think you might be a confused bi-sexual behind the scenes. Embrace the real you and come out Scoop ! Come out brother-sister !
I'm bye-bye to your ridiculous posting.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

I'm a huge fan.

Yeah he has that long torso and low centre of gravity like the Daicos boys. Heaps of others like Serong, Neale, Miller etc have that sorta build.

Really helps with his balance.

As others have said, a lot of the year to play out - But reckon he's right alongside everyone bar maybe Smillie as it stands. In Leysy's view anyway.

Also love that he starred as an under ager last year. 28 touches and near a goal a game in the Coates league in a year that is looking reasonably strong.

I like to read this thread from time to time and I apologise if because of the intermittent interest this has already been covered.
There seems to be a lot of posting about mids and I get why but if we were to get a 2nd early pick why wouldn’t we target the best available key forward?
Are there no standouts?