2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

He also hasn't been a key player in big moments/games including 3 Grand Finals like George. Our boy has had the better career.

Reactions: 6 users
He also hasn't been a key player in big moments/games including 3 Grand Finals like George. Our boy has had the better career.
To be fair to Higgo, he was very good in the 2018 finals in his first year. Probably our third best after Jack and Chimp in the prelim debacle.

But we'd rather have Allen or Taylor. They'd still be at the club too.

Reactions: 6 users
Not much chatter that the recruiters at our club take any notice of chatter, or anything else recorded on this file.
Taking Amiss and having 1 of 2 similar types left (after we take the other) looks their most likely course to me.
We need a key forward or two, elite mids and a key back. To me the key is that we are looking for elite players.

I'd be happy with any one of those types, if we project that they player has star potential.

We need a key forward or two, elite mids and a key back. To me the key is that we are looking for elite players.

I'd be happy with any one of those types, if we project that they player has star potential.

Would rank pace and class in our small/medium forward ranks as just as crucial as any of those.

Why the Erasmus hesitancy?
I don't see him as an elite kick and not sure he's that quick either. And most of his form is as a half-forward.

speed and class in our mids will improve our forward play immensely.
Mids first before small forwards
Sonsie, Butler and Murley are all quick, classy mids who could begin as small forwards.

Reactions: 3 users
That's my 15 and mid 20's priority. Want a genuine midfielder at the first.
Yes. Although Sonsie and Murley and maybe even Butler are genuine mids in time.

Murley would be a lot higher rated if he had played more this year, ditto Sonsie - he was a top-3 candidate coming into the year. If he'd not got injured and instead produced another couple of 30-touch, multi-goal games he'd be a top-5 prospect.

Unless we take one of them at 9, which we won't, the only way to get both Sonsie and Butler is to trade in another top-20 pick. Brisbane and Freo the most likely targets.

9 - Andrew (dreaming)/Rachele (dream)/Johnson/Hobbs in that order of preference
think Goater goes before our next pick
17 - Sonsie
Trade what will at that point be 30 and 31 to Brisbane for 20 and 44,
Trade 29 and next year's second to Freo for 21 and their 2022 third.
20 - Butler
21 - Howes
44 - Murley/Fejo/Jones (Murley very unlikely)
Or if someone pips us for Sonsie or Butler, only do one of those trades, secure Howes, and pick up Murley with our late 20s pick.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. Although Sonsie and Murley and maybe even Butler are genuine mids in time.

Murley would be a lot higher rated if he had played more this year, ditto Sonsie - he was a top-3 candidate coming into the year. If he'd not got injured and instead produced another couple of 30-touch, multi-goal games he'd be a top-5 prospect.

Unless we take one of them at 9, which we won't, the only way to get both Sonsie and Butler is to trade in another top-20 pick. Brisbane and Freo the most likely targets.

9 - Andrew (dreaming)/Rachele (dream)/Johnson/Hobbs in that order of preference
think Goater goes before our next pick
17 - Sonsie
Trade what will at that point be 30 and 31 to Brisbane for 20 and 44,
Trade 29 and next year's second to Freo for 21 and their 2022 third.
20 - Butler
21 - Howes
44 - Murley/Fejo/Jones (Murley very unlikely)
Or if someone pips us for Sonsie or Butler, only do one of those trades, secure Howes, and pick up Murley with our late 20s pick.
Murley is VERY light and small. Ditto Zac Taylor although Murley has a lick of pace.

Last edited:
Murley is VERY light and small. Ditto Zac Taylor although Murley has a lick of pace.

Watched some of Zac Taylor over the weekend in the trial games and very underwhelmed particularly with his kicking.

I reckon we are going for a Knights double this year Ward into Wilmot. It will continue our luv affair with that club - Cotch, Grimes, Vlaustin, Short, Cantstandya, Lambert & Caddy not to mention Lennon and Naish

Watched some of Zac Taylor over the weekend in the trial games and very underwhelmed particularly with his kicking.

I reckon we are going for a Knights double this year Ward into Wilmot
I didn’t think his kicking was anything special in those games either. He’s obviously quite sound, but in those higher level games it didn’t look stand out special to me.

Neat skills but small, light and not that quick either. A lot of his kicks are short dump offs as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t think his kicking was anything special in those games either. He’s obviously quite sound, but in those higher level games it didn’t look stand out special to me.

Neat skills but small, light and not that quick either. A lot of his kicks are short dump offs as well.
Agree - not sure where this reputation for being an elite kick has come from? I've not seen any evidence to support it.

I know. So were Shane Edwards and Shai Bolton.
Well, Shed is another 4cm taller and Shai has the small forward bow to his arsenal - Murley doesn’t have either. In fact, where the latter is concerned, he’s on record as saying he’s struggled a bit trying to play that small forward role at Norwood where they’ve obviously tried to introduce him into reserves football.

Having said that, he at least has some pace and reasonable skills on his side.

Reading between the lines on Twomeys most recent power rankings, sounds like its either us with Sonsie at 17 or he may slip into the Hawks pick 21 (23). Hopefully we snap him up there. Doesn't sound like Freo will take Erasmus with their 1st.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user