2003 Player of the year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2003 Player of the year

Re:pLAYER OF THE YEAR....Round 4 Votes.

With mentions to Chaff, Newman, Bowden and Houlihan and Rodan and Stafford. And IMO Blumfield was going pretty well before he strained his quady/got a corky depending on who you believe...

Tigerdog said:
With mentions to Chaff, Newman, Bowden and Houlihan and Rodan and Stafford. And IMO Blumfield was going pretty well before he strained his quady/got a corky depending on who you believe...

I heard that he srained his quad and could be out for up to 4 weeks. I guess we will know by tomorrow the nature and severity of his injury.

Is cambo also injured as i noticed that he hobbled off the ground after the match?

3 - Mark Coughlan - could he take home Charlie?? thats at least 6 votes he has now

2 - Chris Newman - this kid is getting better every week, not only stopping his opponent, but providing run and his skills are good

1 - Greg Tivendale

Special Mentions - Rogers, Gaspar, Houlihan and Rodan.

3-coughlan:eek:utsatnding once again.
2-tivendale:keep it going
1-newman:great stoping game on jones.

special mentions:
houlihan,*smile*,bowden,rodan.

ps tho spud. quit playing hilton in the backline.

TigerFurious said:
-1. Campbell - 13 disposal is just not good enough. Hang your head in shame :mad:

How quickly they jump off the bandwagon, ha. ;D
I'll stick up for CC. Was good getting us off to a good start in the first half when it was needed. Might even have been slightly injured.
As long as someone gets the posessions it doesn't have to be Campbo....in fact I think we'll be a far better team when Campbo isn't our best player week in week out.
Time for the young bucks to follow the example he has set.

I'd prefer if Campbell was our best player every week, so long as it didn't mean that we lost. ;D

I'm sure he'll be back to his best next week to stick it right up the man from "The House of Bulger".

3. Houlihan - 4 goals is nothing to sneeze at
2. Cogs
1. Gas - for doing a good job on Riewoldt

Don't know Blumfield yet - he was doing ok till he got injured. Wondered why Cambo was missing in the second half of the game.

3 - Cogs - in the immortal words of Sandy Roberts "what more can you say". Actually he deserves extra votes for his polished performance on "On the Couch" last evening.

2- Tivva - I have said it once - I'll say it again best he's played in 2 years

1 - Johnson.

Special mentions - JOEL (yep there I said it) for his soft shoe shuffle goal - may I have a dance at the Auction on Saturday night Joel ???

Newman a sensational job - this kid is getting better every week. Rodan - struth another kid. Who said there isn't any future.

Leon Cameron - isn't it amazing to see the difference when someone is fully fit and not carrying an injury.

RICHO - now that was courage and I thought he was fantastic

As to the Cambo knockers - he hurt his hamstring in the second quarter.

3 Coughlan- isn't it nice for someone that good to be in a Tigers jumper!
2 Tivers- this guys kicks low as well as anyone around.
1 Bowden- did the good stuff when required, brain fade didn't hurt us.

Campbo was clearly hurting- no movement. I thought given that this was obvious, he did well to stay out and do alright.

It really feels like a different Tigers now- which i think can only be a good thing. Go the kids!

3 - Coughlan (The type of midfielder we have been crying out for, does all the hard stuff)

2 - Tivendale (Amazing what a bit of confidence can do)

1- Houlihan (4 goals including our only 2 goals in the last quarter when we really needed them)

Apologies to Bowdo, Gas, Newman, Rogers

1. Coughlan
2. Tivendale
3. Rodan

3. Coughlan - no explanation necessary. I suggested last week that a fitting 21st Birthday gift would be a Richmond win, 3 goals and a B.O.G. Ok he kicked 2.1, but hey, there's always this week's game. :)
2. Bowden
1. Tivendale

Special mentions to Chris Newman, Darren Gaspar, Matthew Rogers

JohnF said:
3. Coughlan - What can you say about him? Shall we give him the Jack Dyer medal now?

Can I do the presentation? :)

3. Tivendale - his hard running and precision kicking set up the win for us.

2. Coughlan - his hardness at the ball amazes me (along with Johnson and Fleming). Didn't stop getting the hard ball all day.

1. Johnson - teamed up well with Coughlan.

IMO - these 3 players are the key to our success.

tiga chikk said:
1. Coughlan
2. Tivendale
3. Rodan

oops its supposed to be
3. Coughlan
2. Tivendale
1. Rodan

3. Tiv
When this bloke gets 25-30 possesions, We usually win well.
2. Cog
Could end up a Tiger version of Brett Ratten.
1. Chaff
Becoming a very important player in our team.

Good game apart from most of the last quarter.
excellent first quarter.
Great to have 3 wins in a row and be 4th on the ladder. :)
Got to win against the Hawks on Saturday.

3 Coughlan
2 Tivendale
1 Johnson

Mentions to
Bowden Rodan Newman Houlihan Gaspar