Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

a family member who has a source at RFC, has indicated that Baker has sold both his house and car, living with Sonsie. This is a rumour only. It does not make sense, why would he sell his car now??????

Reactions: 1 user
a family member who has a source at RFC, has indicated that Baker has sold both his house and car, living with Sonsie. This is a rumour only. It does not make sense, why would he sell his car now??????
I wouldn’t trust most of my family members either.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I think Bakes lived with Shorty for many years. Shorty's engaged now so I think Bakes is out. Pretty sure it was Shortys house and therefore Bakes never had a house in Melbourne.

I don't want to lose Baker but we need to aim to arm ourselves with a list which can finish back in the top 4.

We are a long way off that at the moment and if we don't give our selves some chance of such a result over the next 2-3 years, we will stay at the bottom as Tasmania sucks the top of the draft list dry, following next seasons draft.

Below are a couple of possibilities.

At this point we stand some chance this year of picks 2 and 20, plus 2 more seconds 1 from Fremantle and one possibly for Graham.
Should Baker (plus Broad) wish to make their way back West .. and if the interest is high enough, we should be seeking a top 6 pick, otherwise aim to keep.
Graham depending on his contract offer, might also bring in compensation behind our early second rounder?

Thereafter we will have three thirds (hopefully to trade), and I'd also like to see us try and trade Hopper.
If he can recover fitness and play on in the second half of this season without further hindrance, he together with those thirds at current value, might be offered to a pick hungry team like success starved Brisbane? Could that get us anywhere near Brisbane's 1st .. on current values that would value Hopper at around pick 27.

We look likely to finish bottom 3 this year. If the above came to pass we would be set up pretty well as we approach 2025. Throw in a few more mature bodies and further draft success in '25, and a top 4 finish in the few years beyond becomes a strong possibility.
Would happily offload Hopper for anything and pay most of his salary…. I think that trade in itself should be enough to ensure this year is Hartleys last…. The Hopper trade is worse than a salary cap breach… We gave up 1st round and 2nd round picks , a 7 year $5m plus deal and holding back of Jack Ross’ development for someone whose slow, can’t hit a target and can’t push back or offer any 2 way running ….

We have a deal brewing with the blues to assist our draft position on some third round picks.

a family member who has a source at RFC, has indicated that Baker has sold both his house
With the way the media picked up on him buying a house, I'm sure we'll know for sure if he's sold one soon. Would be odd for them to not pick up the story, if it's true

If we really considered bakes a key plank going forward , we should have anointed him as capt when ooze arrived , I suspect that Blair is comfortable with his departing and the collateral that goes with it

Reactions: 2 users
If we really considered bakes a key plank going forward , we should have anointed him as capt when ooze arrived , I suspect that Blair is comfortable with his departing and the collateral that goes with it
I see what you're saying, but, you don't wanna name someone captain if they're gonna leave the next year either, so maybe Blair was reading the tea leaves

Reactions: 2 users
Not captain material.
Gives away tooo many free kicks and he isn't a top liner.
He is a Chris Bond type, busts a gut every week but not the most talented player on the books.
In saying that The NakasGrimes appointment was unbelievably bad.
Especially when we had Martin, BigV and Lynch

Love watching Baker play the game.

Too good for back pocket, but for me that’s where he plays his best consistant football.

Think any team would take a First rounder for a back pocket.

Agree. Giving it to Nank was the easy decision, it’s something that has become a worrying trend over the last couple of years. Maybe the shake up (Hardwick leaving, Gale leaving, old champions retiring) needed to happen to shake the club out of the rut it had slipped into.

Reactions: 1 users