The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

When was the last time the pies or blues etc played down there ?
In July It will be 25 years since the pies played down there. I’m not sure about the blues. I know they played there in 2020 and prior to that it was around 1996.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
5-0 Stkilda's at home
Adelaide away
Footscary away
Hawthorn
North
Still has North again and Hawthorn again and WC in round 23

Fair dinkum

Geelong get NM at home. They get all the *smile* teams at home.

Haven’t looked at the fixture but I’m tipping our “easy” games are all away or at Marvel?

Geelong are kotd

Edit - just had a look, geesook gets NM and hawthorn twice along with the mighty WC at Geelong in the last round. Bloody hell
Just watched Kingy on First Crack, showed the Cats next 4 games. 'That's a tough draw' he says. Adelaide, Hawks, Dogs and Roos to start the season though Kingy.

Reactions: 1 user
I just don't get how Cameron was allowed to stay on after hitting his head heavily on the turf from a height. That was a guaranteed concussion incident. The AFL ticked off a short on-field test. So why don't all clubs do that? I thought the rule was 15 minutes off for a proper concussion test. Seems to often be a different rule for Geelong. Alot of p!ssing in pockets methinks.

Reactions: 8 users
I just don't get how Cameron was allowed to stay on after hitting his head heavily on the turf from a height. That was a guaranteed concussion incident. The AFL ticked off a short on-field test. So why don't all clubs do that? I thought the rule was 15 minutes off for a proper concussion test. Seems to often be a different rule for Geelong. Alot of p!ssing in pockets methinks.
The GFL. They do what they want.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, as a non-medical professional I could have told the Cats he had concussion.

Reactions: 5 users
Another farce from the afl. Ticked of the protocol for Cameron’s concussion assessment.
What’s the point in having the HIA and SCAT6 tests available if they’re not going to use them.
Then Cameron comes down with “delayed concussion” . Well *smile* me with a feather.

And dickbrain Scott says he’s all about players welfare. Unless there’s a game on the line. Then its do whatever it takes and player welfare is out the window.
Salty Scott and his mate sHocking are a good match. I hope karma catches up with both of them.

Reactions: 9 users
Another farce from the afl. Ticked of the protocol for Cameron’s concussion assessment.
What’s the point in having the HIA and SCAT6 tests available if they’re not going to use them.
Then Cameron comes down with “delayed concussion” . Well *smile* me with a feather.

And dickbrain Scott says he’s all about players welfare. Unless there’s a game on the line. Then its do whatever it takes and player welfare is out the window.
Salty Scott and his mate sHocking are a good match. I hope karma catches up with both of them.
It would have been fitting if Sniper Stewart had accidentally taken Cameron out and caused the incident, although Cameron doing it to himself also has a rather karmic feel to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Like all afl rules.
They are always strictly applied.
Except when they aren’t.

Reactions: 2 users
Great seeing them lose.

No. 5's nickname. Refuse to say it. Grinds my Gears.
The annoying routine shooting for Goal when he checks the Sherrin for a pulse. Grinds my Gears.
The commentators extolling his virtues. Grinds my Gears.

Him then proceeding to miss gimme Goals (like last Quarter last week when he missed two and effectively lost them the game)......

Wait for it.

Is a thing of Beauty.

Reactions: 4 users
What! You don't like to hear him called Jiz or plastic Jezza by opposition fans?
Cool. TM.

Had never heard those.
Yes, those names I am ok with.

Not the other name.

Only 1 person gets access to that name.
Alex Jesaulenko.

Jiz :) isn't allowed to wipe Jezza's boots.
Now he was a player.
And never had to check the Sherrin for warts either!

Wow. Pumping up a bagger?
It's been a strange Year for me.

How long before I get a like by The Blooz Bloke?

Reactions: 4 users
Cool. TM.

Had never heard those.
Yes, those names I am ok with.

Not the other name.

Only 1 person gets access to that name.
Alex Jesaulenko.

Jiz :) isn't allowed to wipe Jezza's boots.
Now he was a player.
And never had to check the Sherrin for warts either!

Wow. Pumping up a bagger?
It's been a strange Year for me.

How long before I get a like by The Blooz Bloke?
You can make out you were talking about Jezza when was in a saints jumper if that helps

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

On the AFL website​

Umpire bosses meet with Scott after Friday night criticism​

The AFL meets with Chris Scott after the Geelong coach criticised the umpiring on Friday night.

THE AFL's new umpires' boss met with Chris Scott on Monday afternoon after the Cats coach slammed some current rule interpretations after his side's shock loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users